Lilu

The Gaslighting of Patients

Lilu   
Lilu
This article is from a support site for people who developed a severe adverse reaction to the antibiotic Cipro and others in the same class.  It turns out that this is another iatrogenic epidemic  that has gone under the radar, much like antidepressant withdrawal.   People go in for simple UTI treatment or some other infection, and wind up with neurological damage that last for months or years.  All tests come back normal, and patients are put on antidepressants for their "psychosomatic" illness.  I had no idea this was happening until it happened to a friend of mine.   I had no idea that Cipro & similar drugs actually cause cellular damage to Mitochondrial DNA.

The Gaslighting of Patients

Gaslighting: A form of manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or members of a group, hoping to make targets question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the target and delegitimize the target’s belief.