street129: hi

street129

13 minutes ago, street129 said:

its 5 am in the morning new  york time and my sleep was interrupted, at this point, this is a added symptom of my withdrawal,

earlier in the day i thought it was allergies,  2 month back i was tested for allergies, and was told i have allergies to roaches, i didnt take the spray, i wasnt sure about it, but my  pressure in my head was like it was going to burst, so i took the spray today for the first time, i didnt wanted to add anything to my pill since it wasnt Advice, but i finally gave in and  the pressure let up, and my blurred vision improved, so i thought i found the problem, but i dont know if its allergies or WD im still having heat that  got worse and now i cant sleep at this moment.im begging you to find it in your heart to reply to me. i highly respect you.  .

HI street you need to distract your mind from ruminating ,the second you think it wont work do it again and again ,games ,documentaries ,anything ,,.

you will get past this ,I've  been there ,you will be ok .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

23 hours ago, apace41 said:

Hard to say, Street.  There are no really "hard and fast" rules because we all react to the meds so differently.  It is one of the axioms we live by on SA that being consistent in what you do is important.  If you change a variable you want to change one at a time so you can see what that change results in.  So, for example, if you changed the time and the amount it is hard to know what is causing what. If you only change one it is easier to tell.

I would say take it at a consistent time every night for another week and we can see where you are in the process.

Best,

Andy 

consistent  yess... i got my compound yesterday and took the capsule last night at bedtime,  i woke every hour. this is new. i also thought during the early evening i was sure it was allergies, i took my spray cause my head felt like it was gonna explode, once i used the spray in my nose the pressure lift, and my vision imporved,  so i   was sure it was allergies and not WD i WAS happy for a minute ., until i woke up in the middle of the nite which never happened before i sleep straight till the next morning, i will see if i will wake up again tonight.....your thoughts.

i hope you are coming along well, i think about you and how gracious and how much you try to assist me when i really dont know what i am doing.

i have never been on a message board like this one its really, really different .. thank you so much andy.

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

5 hours ago, powerback said:

HI street you need to distract your mind from ruminating ,the second you think it wont work do it again and again ,games ,documentaries ,anything ,,.

you will get past this ,I've  been there ,you will be ok .

PB

i understand what you are saying, i just which more of the mods didnt turn away from me, i was  trying to understand the board and didnt know if they were really seeing my post on here, so i would message a couple and that was the only way i was sure they know i posted,

the message board is weird, i have never seen a board like this one. im coming to understand it and im trying  i am a very slow learner always has been. i thought i had allergies, but because i woke up during the night, i now know its not allergies but wd.im trying to cope. but the constant heat in my body dont want to let up. 

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Street - 

Don't feel badly about not knowing how to use the forum!  I have been on the computer since 1990, using "bulletin boards" before there was an internet - and I found this board, the Surviving Antidepressants Forum - huge and intimidating at first!

On 04/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, street129 said:

when i first started tapering i couldnt sleep but i started going to bed the same time every night and i am falling asleep without my sleeping pill.....

also when i rest my eyes at 12am and i turn off computer and the tv, i fall asleep around 12am.. but i know i have to wake to take my pill at 1 30am .. im sleeping without the pill at 12am,  any suggesting on the fact that  i can fall asleep without the pill, i know i cant stop taking the pill this is weird.

Are you talking about the trazadone here?  Or was there another sleeping pill?

In reading on, it looks like this is your trazadone.  What time are you taking it now?  You are still on 225 mg?  As compounded for you?

The compounded may be slightly different to what you were used to - so there may be some adjustment period to it.  The good news is, your reductions will be compounded, too - so you will be getting the same formula from here on out.

Allergies and allergy-like symptoms are common in withdrawal from these drugs, as they often affect histamine receptors (so antihistamines may seem to help).  Take care with the sinus spray - what is in the spray?  Is it steroid?  Antihistamine?  Decongestant? Often the doctor drugs have a "rebound effect" where your sinuses get worse after the drug wears off.  If you are afraid of taking a drug, the best thing I've found is to get educated about it - how it works. 

Then, when you know what it does, you might be able to prevent the symptoms from coming up.

For example, the doctor's spray relieves your sinus and head pressure - what feels like allergies.

Have you tried regular saline (salt) spray?  If you clear your sinuses with that 3x a day, you might not need the drug spray.  Other things I do with sinus trouble (I just got over some, so this if fresh in my mind) is eucalyptus/menthol steam, hot tea (black tea, green tea, mint tea, sage tea, bush tea, hibiscus tea = Vit C!), keep an eye pillow in the freezer and put it on your face to cool the pressure.  Put Vicks or White Tiger Balm over your nose and cheekbones (keep away from your eyes!) to see if it helps break up the sinus congestion.

There are a number of non-drug simples without using doctor drugs.  If they don't work, then go to the doctor - but learn to maintain yourself first.   Sometimes it's hard work - harder than a quick spray!  Steams, teas, rubs, inhalants, you have to do them all the time until your sinuses are better.  The simples are not a quick fix - but - they can keep you away from the drugs.

I know you feel very alone in NYC - but you have had some visitors here at SA stop by and give you words of encouragement - have you gone to visit their threads?  That's how you make friends here.  If you click on their picture, it will take you to their "content," where you can find their thread.

I also wonder about what you can do in your neighborhood so that you don't feel so alone.  Web-savvy people use "Meetup," but you might be able to find other people from your country at a cultural center or neighborhood centre, and help establish some support for you in your new country.  I moved from America to Australia - establishing a new support net is so very important to getting well in a new country!  I found classes for "Over 50's" where I could take Tai Chi and play Ukulele or cards.  I know it's scary - I know!  That's exactly why it will help you - because when you live through your fear, you are stronger.  And - hopefully - you've made a new friend or two in the process!

I hope you see the sun today!

ps.  I agree with other mods, holding is a good idea, especially since you just switched to compounded doses.  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, street129 said:

until i woke up in the middle of the nite which never happened before i sleep straight till the next morning, i will see if i will wake up again tonight.....your thoughts.

Street,

Unfortunately, sleeping issues are a hallmark of withdrawal from these meds.  Hopefully, you won't have an ongoing issue with your sleep but if you do you will have even greater confirmation that this is all part of the withdrawal syndrome.

There is really nothing I would change based on this.  Keep the hold and let's see how you stabilize.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi:

Just thought I would drop by and say and see how you are doing?

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

45 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Hi:

Just thought I would drop by and say and see how you are doing?

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

hi my good friend,  its Saturday and im getting stuff at the store for my allergies, that someone on  the board,told me to get,  saline

,eucalytus, eye pillow, and tiger balm , so far I only have two. Hope your day is a good day.

250mg trazodone

5 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Hey Street - 

Don't feel badly about not knowing how to use the forum!  I have been on the computer since 1990, using "bulletin boards" before there was an internet - and I found this board, the Surviving Antidepressants Forum - huge and intimidating at first!

Are you talking about the trazadone here?  Or was there another sleeping pill?

In reading on, it looks like this is your trazadone.  What time are you taking it now?  You are still on 225 mg?  As compounded for you?

The compounded may be slightly different to what you were used to - so there may be some adjustment period to it.  The good news is, your reductions will be compounded, too - so you will be getting the same formula from here on out.

Allergies and allergy-like symptoms are common in withdrawal from these drugs, as they often affect histamine receptors (so antihistamines may seem to help).  Take care with the sinus spray - what is in the spray?  Is it steroid?  Antihistamine?  Decongestant? Often the doctor drugs have a "rebound effect" where your sinuses get worse after the drug wears off.  If you are afraid of taking a drug, the best thing I've found is to get educated about it - how it works. 

Then, when you know what it does, you might be able to prevent the symptoms from coming up.

For example, the doctor's spray relieves your sinus and head pressure - what feels like allergies.

Have you tried regular saline (salt) spray?  If you clear your sinuses with that 3x a day, you might not need the drug spray.  Other things I do with sinus trouble (I just got over some, so this if fresh in my mind) is eucalyptus/menthol steam, hot tea (black tea, green tea, mint tea, sage tea, bush tea, hibiscus tea = Vit C!), keep an eye pillow in the freezer and put it on your face to cool the pressure.  Put Vicks or White Tiger Balm over your nose and cheekbones (keep away from your eyes!) to see if it helps break up the sinus congestion.

There are a number of non-drug simples without using doctor drugs.  If they don't work, then go to the doctor - but learn to maintain yourself first.   Sometimes it's hard work - harder than a quick spray!  Steams, teas, rubs, inhalants, you have to do them all the time until your sinuses are better.  The simples are not a quick fix - but - they can keep you away from the drugs.

I know you feel very alone in NYC - but you have had some visitors here at SA stop by and give you words of encouragement - have you gone to visit their threads?  That's how you make friends here.  If you click on their picture, it will take you to their "content," where you can find their thread.

I also wonder about what you can do in your neighborhood so that you don't feel so alone.  Web-savvy people use "Meetup," but you might be able to find other people from your country at a cultural center or neighborhood centre, and help establish some support for you in your new country.  I moved from America to Australia - establishing a new support net is so very important to getting well in a new country!  I found classes for "Over 50's" where I could take Tai Chi and play Ukulele or cards.  I know it's scary - I know!  That's exactly why it will help you - because when you live through your fear, you are stronger.  And - hopefully - you've made a new friend or two in the process!

ps.  I agree with other mods, holding is a good idea, especially since you just switched to compounded doses.  

oh this is so beautiful. Im in the store looking for all of your suggestions..if it wasnt for you i would not know about this ..thank you from the bottom of my being...youre a beautiful angel... ....oh I've been at 225mg going on 2 months at the end of october, but im still not stable, seems unreal how i feel. Thanks for getting back to me and im reading your post over and over, it gives a lot of info I need and could used. You are the best.

250mg trazodone

Just now, street129 said:

oh this is so beautiful. Im in the store looking for all of your suggestions..if it wasnt for you i would not know about this ..thank you from the bottom of my being...youre a beautiful angel... ....

3 hours ago, apace41 said:

Street,

Unfortunately, sleeping issues are a hallmark of withdrawal from these meds.  Hopefully, you won't have an ongoing issue with your sleep but if you do you will have even greater confirmation that this is all part of the withdrawal syndrome.

There is really nothing I would change based on this.  Keep the hold and let's see how you stabilize.

Best,

Andy

hi my friend andy,  im changing nothing ...thank you for learning me.

250mg trazodone

Hi street129

how are you doing, I see you have been given some good advice, has it helped with your problems. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

23 hours ago, street129 said:

hi my good friend,  its Saturday and im getting stuff at the store for my allergies, that someone on  the board,told me to get,  saline

,eucalytus, eye pillow, and tiger balm , so far I only have two. Hope your day is a good day.

Good for you. I hope it helps.

I'm hanging in there, wish I could get over this strep. It's kicking me bad!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

On 10/15/2017 at 3:01 PM, Frogie said:

Good for you. I hope it helps.

I'm hanging in there, wish I could get over this strep. It's kicking me bad!

Take care,

Frogie xx

hiiii.... im sitting in  this office right now getting a brace for my lower back for artritis..[sp]..

im getting my tablets in is correct form, and  im watching my symptoms  for improvement, nothing has change in feeling better as yet, but i have accept that i need to stay positive and let my symptoms works it way out.  

im glad i am taking the correct doses  from the compound..... and im letting everything else take is course.  

thanks for asking. and i hope that your strep leave you soon.   feel better my good friend... 

250mg trazodone

On 10/15/2017 at 8:42 AM, Scorpio said:

Hi street129

how are you doing, I see you have been given some good advice, has it helped with your problems. 

by me getting my tablets in is correct form, and  watching my symptoms  for improvement, nothing has change in feeling better as yet, but i have accept that i need to stay positive and let my symptoms works it way out.  

im glad i am taking the correct doses  from the compound..... and im letting everything else take is course.  

thanks for asking.  hope all is well with you....

250mg trazodone

Hi street 129

well it must be a relief to know you are taking the correct dose and I’m sure things will settle for you. 

Like you I am also waiting to stabilise hopefully soon

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

22 minutes ago, street129 said:

hiiii.... im sitting in  this office right now getting a brace for my lower back for artritis..[sp]..

im getting my tablets in is correct form, and  im watching my symptoms  for improvement, nothing has change in feeling better as yet, but i have accept that i need to stay positive and let my symptoms works it way out.  

thanks for asking. and i hope that your strep leave you soon.   feel better my good friend... 

I'm sorry you have arthritis, especially in your back. I have back problems too.

I hope your meds from the compound pharmacy work. They should work a lot better since they are all the correct dosage. Just remember to hold, hold, hold, and hold some more until symptoms are completely gone.

And hope your allergies are better.

I'm not feeling any better, so the dr put me in a different antibiotic. Hopefully they will work better.

Boy I seem to use the hope and hopefully word a lot, lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

9 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi street 129

well it must be a relief to know you are taking the correct dose and I’m sure things will settle for you. 

Like you I am also waiting to stabilise hopefully soon

it has put my mine at ease with the dose begin corrected. now i just need to get stable, it would be a blessing for both of us... 

250mg trazodone

On 10/13/2017 at 5:54 PM, Gridley said:

Street, I hope you are having a good evening.  

Gridley

hi  there im still waiting and hoping for stabalization... 

250mg trazodone

On 3/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, Altostrata said:

We have people here who have had problems going off trazodone and took quite a while to recover. It's difficult to tell if the risk of withdrawal syndrome is the same as the SSRIs, trazodone isn't prescribed as often.

please altostrata please talk  to me, you can  help save my life .. im going around doing a lot on the forum that i didnt know exist.  i have learn this is a big place with a lot of members, i didnt know there was anyone on the forum till i started looking around and talking to members.   

please dont turn away from me, im still not feeling any better,  2 months is near and i have not change for the better.  a little advice from you will help me on what is my next move.  do i continue holding ... please, dont treat me badly im hurting and longing to hear what to do.   

when you tell people on the site what to do i just have a gut feeling that you're the one that i want to guide me in going through tapering.  i which i knew that messaging you would have been really really  bad. hoping you are getting better and better each and every day. i honestly respect you and what you stand for. 

250mg trazodone

On 3/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, Altostrata said:

We have people here who have had problems going off trazodone and took quite a while to recover. It's difficult to tell if the risk of withdrawal syndrome is the same as the SSRIs, trazodone isn't prescribed as often.

is it ok for me to post to you here. i dont know if im causing any harm .. 4 days now on my compounding tablet of trazodone at 225mg and i woke every half an hour, before compounding , i had no problem sleeping.. can you tell me any of your thoughts on this . thanks altro.i will continue to hold. 

250mg trazodone

4 days now on my compounding tablet of trazodone at 225mg and i woke every half an hour, before compounding , i had no problem sleeping.. can you tell me any of your thoughts on this . will continue to hold. 

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

I have moved the posts you made in the Tips for Tapering Trazodone and put them in your Intro topic.  It is best to ask questions about your own situation here in your Intro.  This way your history is all in one place and other members can see your questions and the replies.

Also I moved the following question to Stormstrong's Intro because it is question you are asking this member and Stormstrong is more likely to see it in their own topic:

10 hours ago, street129 said:
On 06/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, Stormstrong said:

Trazodone and Zoloft is also the combination that is the bane of my existence..... 

im in new york , did you got stable on trazodone. im tapering it and stuck at 225mg now going on 2 months.

16 hours ago, street129 said:

when you tell people on the site what to do i just have a gut feeling that you're the one that i want to guide me in going through tapering. 

Alto is a very knowledgeable lady and I am sure that their are many members here who would like her to personally guide them through their tapering.  However, because the medical profession is unable/unwilling to help us, the membership of this site is large and many members continue to join.  This site is a peer support site and there is a lot of information available on this site.  The moderators are unrostered volunteers and are experiencing their own withdrawal and life issues and respond to members as we are able to.  It is important for members to self-manage.  Please see this post.

It is important that members learn to remain calm and patient and learn Acceptance and Non-drug techniques 

Members who become dramatic and continue to ask questions which have previously been answered wear the moderators out (it also means that any new questions that you ask can be overlooked).  This upsets the moderators because it means that we can't do our job of moderating and helping all SA members.  We have to step back so that we can look after ourselves.  I suggest you continue to check out the site and read other members topics.  You can learn a lot from reading other members topics.

On 15/10/2017 at 3:14 AM, apace41 said:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Street - 

How ya going?  Did your home remedies work?  Which ones work best for you?  I gave you a bunch to try because everyone is different.

On 17/10/2017 at 5:56 AM, street129 said:

hiiii.... im sitting in  this office right now getting a brace for my lower back for artritis

Oh dear, pain too?

I was just reading a study done by Peter Gotzsche early in his career.  I don't have the book here right now ("Deadly Medicines and Organized Crime") but the essence of his research was for soft tissue injury - like sprained ankles and such.  I know arthritis is a joint / cartilage issue.  What he found was that braces, splints, crutches - slow, almost double the healing time!  Another researcher was so inspired by his research that he did another study analyzing the healing times of "bed-rest" vs. "mobility."  

In all cases - mobility was better than braces, splints, crutches and bed rest.  So much so that when Peter Gotzsche sprained his own ankle, he hobbled around at a conference.  The other doctors laughed at him - why wouldn't he use crutches to get around?  He had the last laugh though, because he knew he would heal faster.  He's a tough nut!

So my concern is that bracing your arthritis might make it worse.

By all means, brace it for awhile - but if you don't see improvement, then consider what I've just shared with you.

Instead, look for gentle exercises.  The best for spinal problems is tai chi and chi gong.  There may even be a local class at a senior centre or community centre - or even at a church (some churches sponsor classes)

Here is the kind I learned for my arthritis - Dr. Lam's Tai Chi for Arthritis:

Or if you only have a little time, I quite like 

This wisdom is not restricted to the Chinese people.  I remember learning a Native American dance, called the Tslagi (Cherokee) Dance of Life that was very similar to Tai Chi, except that it was set on a Medicine Wheel.  

Dancing in general is excellent for moving fluid around your bones and joints.  Are you taking anything for pain?

On 17/10/2017 at 3:01 PM, street129 said:

please altostrata please talk  to me, you can  help save my life .. im going around doing a lot on the forum that i didnt know exist.  i have learn this is a big place with a lot of members, i didnt know there was anyone on the forum till i started looking around and talking to members.   

please dont turn away from me, im still not feeling any better,  2 months is near and i have not change for the better.  a little advice from you will help me on what is my next move.  do i continue holding ... please, dont treat me badly im hurting and longing to hear what to do.

Don't worry Street - it's not personal!  I see Chessie addressed this - but I'll say it in another way:  AltoStrata owns this huge place and has to keep it running smoothly.  She checked in on you - and that's more than she can do for most members.  Often, she only checks in when things are the most challenging (or the rest of us Mods are in over our heads!)

The "Mod Squad"  will try to take care of you using principles we learned from her.  She may pop back by, she may not.  Usually, if she doesn't come by, it means she believes you're doing well.  

Wishing for Alto to visit - is like wishing to get worse so that she has to come to you!

On 17/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, street129 said:

4 days now on my compounding tablet of trazodone at 225mg and i woke every half an hour, before compounding , i had no problem sleeping.. can you tell me any of your thoughts on this .

Compounded trazadone is going to have a slightly different formula - so there will be an adjustment period, even if you are on the same dose as before.

4 days is not enough time.

Think at least 3 weeks before you begin to settle down - and - since you had some upsets (and you are living in a stressful situation) - it may be much longer.

I would plan to stay where you are at least until after Christmas.  Even if you plan to start in the New Year (Frogie will attest to this!) - it may be too soon.  Just because it's a New Year, doesn't always mean "It's time to taper!"  You need to pay attention to how you are feeling.  Wait until you feel good for a month - then wait a month before tapering again.

So - while you are holding is a great time to work on:

1.  Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms

2.  Important Topics about Symptoms Including Sleep Problems

3.  Reaching out socially so that you don't feel so alone.

For #3, did you go to a church when you were home?  Can you find a church that is close to you now?  Even if you have to ride a bus for 30 minutes to get there - the once-a-week fellowship might be a gift to you so that you don't feel so alone.   I moved from America to Australia, and while English is spoken in both places, there was still a culture shock that took me 10 years to adjust.  Yes, 10 (ten) years!

Also, in NYC, there are bunches of ethnic groups and get togethers.  You might find a group for people just from your island, who get together for coffee & tea or dancing.  There might even be a Virgin Islands Cultural group that you can participate in, and feel more "at home."

Here's what I found with a quick google:
Coming in November - Carnival in Brooklyn:  http://www.afropop.org/31704/carnival-in-brooklyn/

Just past (Aug 31) - West Indian Carnival parade:  http://wiadcacarnival.org/caribbean-culture/

Caribbean Cultural Centre African Diaspora Insitute

Restaurants which might have bulletin boards or ways to connect: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/restaurants/best-west-indian-food-in-nyc

Caribbean Culture Fest (Sept 1,)  http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/news/caribbean-culture-fest-in-new-york/article_cb445240-fa11-5b71-8d92-73d7130669f6.html

Churches:

http://fcbcnyc.org/

https://libertychurch.com/

While I know much of this is about huge festivals (Carnival!) and parades - there may be churches and smaller groups affiliated with these organizations where you can meet people and make new friends.  I know when I came to Australia, it was always a comfort to find a Yank to talk to.  And the churches might not be the right "brand" for you - but if it were me, I'd put up with the "wrong" brand until I met people and could find the right kind of church on my own.

I'm sorry this is so long, I think you are on a phone - but - I don't know when I will be visiting SA again (I have a busy life right now, and my own recovery involves a lot of pain and fatigue), and I wanted to give you everything I found.

ps - please do not quote this whole post - it's too long!  Highlight the sections you want to answer, and a "quote this" button will help you.

Edited by JanCarol

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• Administrator

street, did the pharmacy make up capsules for you? What brand of trazodone did they use?

What brand of trazodone were your old tablets? Were they 100mg tablets?

What times of day do you take your drugs, and at what dosages?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 10/19/2017 at 0:28 AM, Altostrata said:

street, did the pharmacy make up capsules for you? What brand of trazodone did they use?

On 10/19/2017 at 0:28 AM, Altostrata said:

sorry for being not up on things on this board and how it is run.....I don't grisp things quickly as others, but once I get it.. No forgetting...

I got my capsules from the compound six days ago...they are 225mg the 23rd of October will be 2 months on the dose....even tho its only few days at the right dose with the compound, I am planning on staying on this dose since its not a month on the correct doses. I take one at bed time at 1am..

I am on only one drug which is trazadone.... I was told to gradually move my pill taking @1am and to set my clock so I can take my pill... I don't know how im falling asleep without it but I guess that's a good thing.. hopefully it will continue as I reach closer and closer to the end of this drug which will  be in 3 years from now.

I turn everything off around 12am and I rest my eyes until time for my trazodone at 1am, my primary care dr. Told me to do "sleep hygiene" and that's  what I've been doing and  I fall asleep,....I never knew it existed.

im retired ...., I was a civil service state employee ..i was admitted in the hospital on wednesday( 10/18/17) for chest pain..I had  an MRI done and did a stress test  the next morning ....I was giving a baby aspirin  the both nights I was there, didn't really didn't know if I should have taken them,I was also given blood thinner injection the night. ..they keep me  for observation.. it was  for 24 hours  im now home. .i see my cardilogist next week,

250mg trazodone

On 10/18/2017 at 11:33 PM, JanCarol said:

Hey Street - 

How ya going?  Did your home remedies work?  Which ones work best for you?  I gave you a bunch to try because everyone is different.

Oh dear, pain too?

I was just reading a study done by Peter Gotzsche early in his career.  I don't have the book here right now ("Deadly Medicines and Organized Crime") but the essence of his research was for soft tissue injury - like sprained ankles and such.  I know arthritis is a joint / cartilage issue.  What he found was that braces, splints, crutches - slow, almost double the healing time!  Another researcher was so inspired by his research that he did another study analyzing the healing times of "bed-rest" vs. "mobility."  

In all cases - mobility was better than braces, splints, crutches and bed rest.  So much so that when Peter Gotzsche sprained his own ankle, he hobbled around at a conference.  The other doctors laughed at him - why wouldn't he use crutches to get around?  He had the last laugh though, because he knew he would heal faster.  He's a tough nut!

So my concern is that bracing your arthritis might make it worse.

By all means, brace it for awhile - but if you don't see improvement, then consider what I've just shared with you.

Instead, look for gentle exercises.  The best for spinal problems is tai chi and chi gong.  There may even be a local class at a senior centre or community centre - or even at a church (some churches sponsor classes)

Here is the kind I learned for my arthritis - Dr. Lam's Tai Chi for Arthritis:

Or if you only have a little time, I quite like 

This wisdom is not restricted to the Chinese people.  I remember learning a Native American dance, called the Tslagi (Cherokee) Dance of Life that was very similar to Tai Chi, except that it was set on a Medicine Wheel.  

Dancing in general is excellent for moving fluid around your bones and joints.  Are you taking anything for pain?

Don't worry Street - it's not personal!  I see Chessie addressed this - but I'll say it in another way:  AltoStrata owns this huge place and has to keep it running smoothly.  She checked in on you - and that's more than she can do for most members.  Often, she only checks in when things are the most challenging (or the rest of us Mods are in over our heads!)

The "Mod Squad"  will try to take care of you using principles we learned from her.  She may pop back by, she may not.  Usually, if she doesn't come by, it means she believes you're doing well.  

Wishing for Alto to visit - is like wishing to get worse so that she has to come to you!

Compounded trazadone is going to have a slightly different formula - so there will be an adjustment period, even if you are on the same dose as before.

4 days is not enough time.

Think at least 3 weeks before you begin to settle down - and - since you had some upsets (and you are living in a stressful situation) - it may be much longer.

I would plan to stay where you are at least until after Christmas.  Even if you plan to start in the New Year (Frogie will attest to this!) - it may be too soon.  Just because it's a New Year, doesn't always mean "It's time to taper!"  You need to pay attention to how you are feeling.  Wait until you feel good for a month - then wait a month before tapering again.

So - while you are holding is a great time to work on:

1.  Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms

2.  Important Topics about Symptoms Including Sleep Problems

3.  Reaching out socially so that you don't feel so alone.

For #3, did you go to a church when you were home?  Can you find a church that is close to you now?  Even if you have to ride a bus for 30 minutes to get there - the once-a-week fellowship might be a gift to you so that you don't feel so alone.   I moved from America to Australia, and while English is spoken in both places, there was still a culture shock that took me 10 years to adjust.  Yes, 10 (ten) years!

Also, in NYC, there are bunches of ethnic groups and get togethers.  You might find a group for people just from your island, who get together for coffee & tea or dancing.  There might even be a Virgin Islands Cultural group that you can participate in, and feel more "at home."

Here's what I found with a quick google:
Coming in November - Carnival in Brooklyn:  http://www.afropop.org/31704/carnival-in-brooklyn/

Just past (Aug 31) - West Indian Carnival parade:  http://wiadcacarnival.org/caribbean-culture/

Caribbean Cultural Centre African Diaspora Insitute

Restaurants which might have bulletin boards or ways to connect: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/restaurants/best-west-indian-food-in-nyc

Caribbean Culture Fest (Sept 1,)  http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/news/caribbean-culture-fest-in-new-york/article_cb445240-fa11-5b71-8d92-73d7130669f6.html

Churches:

http://fcbcnyc.org/

https://libertychurch.com/

While I know much of this is about huge festivals (Carnival!) and parades - there may be churches and smaller groups affiliated with these organizations where you can meet people and make new friends.  I know when I came to Australia, it was always a comfort to find a Yank to talk to.  And the churches might not be the right "brand" for you - but if it were me, I'd put up with the "wrong" brand until I met people and could find the right kind of church on my own.

I'm sorry this is so long, I think you are on a phone - but - I don't know when I will be visiting SA again (I have a busy life right now, and my own recovery involves a lot of pain and fatigue), and I wanted to give you everything I found.

ps - please do not quote this whole post - it's too long!  Highlight the sections you want to answer, and a "quote this" button will help you.

thank you for these, didnt had a change yet to look at them,,, im now checking in i was admitted in hospital for a 24 hours  for chest pain a stress test was given and a MRI...om at home now..i see my cardilogist next week,

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Street - 

I'm sorry to hear you had to go to hospital.

You know cardiac weirdness is another symptom of withdrawal, as well as a symptom of long term use of antidepressants.

It's good to get it checked out (I'm going through a round of cardio right now, too, just took a 24 hour Holter monitor to measure "irregularities).

But you may find, when, 5 years from now, you've come off the drug and are living a healthy life - that it was drug induced.

Please take care of yourself - and if they offer you drugs (likely) please check with us.  For example, most blood pressure drugs have an affect on mood - except for one (atenolol) which does not cross the blood brain barrier.  Statins also have adverse effects on mood, and are contraindicated in women (they increase chances of diabetes!).

Come back here and let us know what you find, and we'll show you what we've learned so far so that you can make informed decisions about your health.

Take care, and I hope you see the sun today!

JanCarol

On 10/19/2017 at 2:28 AM, Altostrata said:

sorry for being not up on things on this board and how it is run.....I don't grisp things quickly as others, but once I get it.. No forgetting...

I got my capsules from the compound six days ago...they are 225mg the 23rd of October will be 2 months on the dose....even tho its only few days at the right dose with the compound, I am planning on staying on this dose since its not a month on the correct doses. I take one at bed time at 1am.. I am on only one drug which is trazadone.... I was told to gradually move my pill taking @1am and to set my clock so I can take my pill... I don't know how im falling asleep without it but I guess that's a good thing.. hopefully it will continue as I reach closer and closer to the end of the drug which will  be in 3 years from now.

I turn everything off around 12am and I rest my eyes until time for my trazodone at 1am, but I do fall asleep in between resting my eyes, my primary care dr. Told me to do "sleep hygiene" and that's  what I've been doing and  I fall asleep,.. I never did a sleep hygeine...I never knew it existed.

I don't know if you ever heard about  chronic fatigue syndrome I have had it since1995,  over the many years with it I was functioning at about 85 percent after learning how to worked with my illness,  and got great advice on what supplements to take over on the chronic fatigue board when I first came down with it many years ago... I got my insomnia as one of my symptoms, I also has ringing in the ears another symptoms, I have accepted those for years, and I had burning in my body,  and im experiencing burning in my body again, so I don't know if im having withdrawal  from my first tapering  of trazodone or a bad flare up from my chronic fatigue..i'm in such confusion cause I don't know  of which the symptoms belongs....im guessing both symptoms are mimicking each other...

I had to retired  because of my  chronic fatigue symdrome ...., I was a civil service state employee ..i was admitted in the hospital on wednesday( 10/18/17) for chest pain..I had  an MRI done and did a stress test  the next morning ....I was giving a baby aspirin  the  night I was there, didn't really know if I should have taken them,   but I did, I was also given blood thinner injection the night. ..they keep me for 24 hours...

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Did you take the trazodone while you were in the hospital? How are you sleeping now? When do you take 225mg trazodone?

If I were you, I'd keep moving the trazodone an hour or so every few days to perhaps 10 p.m.

The trazodone will help you sleep better if it works with your natural sleep cycle, which starts at nightfall. It is triggered by darkness. We recommend turning off all the lights and computer somewhat earlier than midnight, probably at 9 p.m. to start. You can still watch TV if it is some distance from you and not too bright.

Making the bedroom as dark as possible with blackout shades and curtains, plus wearing an eye mask, can enhance your sleep. Waking is triggered by light.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Did you take the trazodone while you were in the hospital? How are you sleeping now? When do you take 225mg trazodone?

If I were you, I'd keep moving the trazodone an hour or so every few days to perhaps 10 p.m.

The trazodone will help you sleep better if it works with your natural sleep cycle, which starts at nightfall. It is triggered by darkness. We recommend turning off all the lights and computer somewhat earlier than midnight, probably at 9 p.m. to start. You can still watch TV if it is some distance from you and not too bright.

Making the bedroom as dark as possible with blackout shades and curtains, plus wearing an eye mask, can enhance your sleep. Waking is triggered by light.

yes I had my trazodone with me every time I leave my house, but also in the hospital they had all my medications on file, even trazodone @50mg.. They were gonna give me my meds but I told her no thank you.  I can get 6 hours of sleep on trazodone.. I take it at 1am. Good idea of keeping the room dark . 

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Why do you want to keep taking trazodone at 1 a.m.?

On 10/21/2017 at 5:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Why do you want to keep taking trazodone at 1 a.m.?

I used to take my pill early in the pass but because I only would get 6 hours of  sleep I would wake around 5 am  and it is still dark outside, so I moved it to 1 and

I wake at 7 am..

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Street129, just stopping by to say hi and that I hope you are able to feel more stabilized soon. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Street129,

I too wanted to drop by and say I hope you're feeling better soon.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator

Do you sleep before 1 a.m.?

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you sleep before 1 a.m.?

last night I  close my eyes after ten and fell asleep, i slept till 12 am, I took my pill at 12 45am woke at 5 45am but I fell back to sleep and slept till 8 am...

im still not feeling well even tho I can sleep, I will take my pill lower each time till I get it to at least 12am. I think trying to sleep before one is smart to do cause all im doing is sitting waiting for 1am..  I don't know if by me taking my pill 15 minutes earlier it has me feeling horrible .i feel a little edgy and jumpy with shaking like when you're cold.  ..but im not cold.. yesterday was not noticeable of anything just not myself ...your thoughts...

250mg trazodone

On 10/23/2017 at 7:00 PM, Gridley said:

Hi, Street129,

I too wanted to drop by and say I hope you're feeling better soon.

thanks for checking im still not feeling better as yet.  i can sleep without my pill, but other than that. im  longing  for better days.

250mg trazodone