hussy

Hussy: Has anyone recovered from PSSD substantially

hussy

Hi I took effaxor for 5 months 75mg. I stopped 4.5 months ago and still stuck with PSSD.

How hopeful should I be, do people here recover substantially from PSSD? 

Edited by baroquep

scallywag

hussy -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry that you are experiencing symptoms 4.5 months after having stopped taking Effexor. 

Would you tell us how you stopped Effexor -- all at once, in steps, skipping days?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

PSSD is a condition that causes a great deal of suffering. We have a topic where others dealing with it post. Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction. People do recover from PSSD; you'll find more and better information on other sites; links for those sites are in the PSSD topic. On this site, we aren't aware of any effective treatments for PSSD and haven't done much study on the prognosis of the condition.

I hope that you'll find the discussion at our PSSD topic helpful and the information and support you seek through the resources we've linked.

Madeleine

Check out the success stories section. I remember someone wrote about that.... and totally recovetedbut can't remember name of the person...

Spruce30

I have heard of people recovering from PSSD. I think there is hope for recovery

SadDoll
On 7/12/2017 at 10:53 AM, Spruce30 said:

I have heard of people recovering from PSSD. I think there is hope for recovery

Hey Spruce,

How are you feeling lately? Any improvements?

Spruce30

Yes i have been having improvements, but waves as well. Full healing feels quite a long way off though.

nz11

Hussy, imo  no-one can tell you if you will or wont recover from pssd.

all anyone can say is 'they dont know'

Some people may recover others may not.

Im about to enter my 8th year drug free and i have seen no improvement whatsoever.

I believe Healy is right when in 2015 he said this:

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

Please if you have time consider writing some complaint letters to the authorities in your country regarding this doctor caused harm.

nz11

hussy

Hi

I am still experiencing strong withdrawal symptoms like cognition and concentration problems. Fatigue. PSSD  etc. What should I do to get out of this mess. I am asking about supplements etc. Will this improve?

Regards

Edited by baroquep

SadDoll
On 8/30/2017 at 8:47 AM, nz11 said:

Hussy, imo  no-one can tell you if you will or wont recover from pssd.

all anyone can say is 'they dont know'

Some people may recover others may not.

Im about to enter my 8th year drug free and i have seen no improvement whatsoever.

I believe Healy is right when in 2015 he said this:

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

Please if you have time consider writing some complaint letters to the authorities in your country regarding this doctor caused harm.

nz11

Sorry to hear. What are your other symptoms? Did anything heal?

SadDoll
On 8/30/2017 at 8:26 AM, Spruce30 said:

Yes i have been having improvements, but waves as well. Full healing feels quite a long way off though.

Great :D

What have you been doing?

SadDoll
On 8/30/2017 at 8:26 AM, Spruce30 said:

When did you start getting waves? How lobg did you have pssd?

baroquep

Hi Hussy, sorry to hear that you are still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.  It can take some time for them to resolve.  I noticed that Scallywag had requested additional information in a post above and was wonder if you could please take another look and provide the information requested in order for use to provide more additional information with respect to your situation.

On 2017-07-04 at 6:31 PM, scallywag said:

hussy -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry that you are experiencing symptoms 4.5 months after having stopped taking Effexor. 

Would you tell us how you stopped Effexor -- all at once, in steps, skipping days?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

PSSD is a condition that causes a great deal of suffering. We have a topic where others dealing with it post. Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction. People do recover from PSSD; you'll find more and better information on other sites; links for those sites are in the PSSD topic. On this site, we aren't aware of any effective treatments for PSSD and haven't done much study on the prognosis of the condition.

I hope that you'll find the discussion at our PSSD topic helpful and the information and support you seek through the resources we've linked.

WiggleIt

Hello Hussy,

There are definitely stories of PSSd recovery on this site.  I'm sorry you're having this.

I'm three years off and just started having PSSD.  I thought I was in the clear because I'd been off so many years, but cruel irony set in.  I get aroused, but am unable to orgasm, and the arousal itself becomes physically painful when I am the verge of the never-appearing orgasm.

Unexpected twist: I'm female.  Usually this problem seems to happen to guys, or maybe guys just admit it more often than women do.

At any rate, please do look at the recovery stories.  There are men there who have recovered from PSSD.

Can we make a deal?  I'll pray for you, and you pray for me.  Okay?

All the best,
Wiggle

hussy

Added signature

----------------------------------------

mild depression: took effaxor XR 75mg From nov 2016 - feb 2017 for 4 months

PSSD : Since then along with continuing withdrawal.

cognition problems, headache , fatigue, concentration problems, anhedonia, PSSD ( erection 2/10, Libido1/10, orgasm 4/10) 

no significant improvements in any withdrawal symptoms or any PSSD symptoms

----------------------------------------

baroquep

Hi Hussy,

Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with your symptoms.  Rest assured that what you are going through is completely normal under the circumstances.  You were only on Effexor for a short period of time and it can sometimes takes time for the symptoms to become more manageable. 

I am going to attach a few link so that you can familiarize yourself with the patterns of recovery when an antidepressant is stopped abruptly, discontinued too rapidly or doses are alternated.

One Theory of Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome
What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery
What is Happening in Your Brain
How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain aka Brain Remodelling

Please also have a look in our Symptoms and Self Care Forum where you will find a lot of links that can help you mange your symptoms.

Symptoms & Self Care

Symptoms:  Important topics about symptoms

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Techniques to deal with cognitive difficulties

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms
Change cognitive framing - Redirect - Another Way

Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for anxiety, depression
Cognitive Behavior Therapy lessons

Scallywag attached a link for you to read above regarding PSSD that might also help which I've reattached below.

Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction.

People do recover from PSSD; you'll find more and better information on other sites; links for those sites are in the PSSD topic. On this site, we aren't aware of any effective treatments for PSSD and haven't done much study on the prognosis of the condition.  I hope that you'll find the discussion at our PSSD topic helpful and the information and support you seek through the resources we've linked.

hussy

Does anyone else also suffer from loss of skin senstivity? Did any treatment help for that?

Regards