SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

romichica07: Started SSRI in college, shock I did not know what I got into

romichica07

• Moderator Emeritus

What is your current daily symptom pattern?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• romichica07

• miT

• ChessieCat

• KarenB

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello 

Please everyone can you guide me, I am finding myself in the worst state possible however i am starting a new job and need help on how to cope with symptoms. I constantly call people on the phone and tell them about my past situation, how many jobs i have lost and how physically abusive my family is to me during this time. I am in fear of my future and i am not sure where this will all lead to. This is what occurred, I was unwilling cold turkeyed off my medication lexapro 20 mg, after 6 months of mental anguish depression anxiety I took accidentaly 3 pills of latuda and then followed with 5 pills of prozac. I have been off any medicine for 5 months, please should i simply wait this or just check in with a hospital? Am i in really bad state ? 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

prozac reinstatement for 3 days of 10 mg 

intense withdrawl at this point 

• Administrator

romichica, I moved your post to your existing Introductions topic. Please bookmark or follow this topic so you can see responses to your posts in it.

I noticed that you pop in here when you're in crisis and don't seem to see responses to your posts.

We have asked you repeatedly for your symptom pattern. What symptoms do you have now? Do they follow any daily pattern?

Does starting a new job make you feel anxious and lead to this behavior?

1 hour ago, romichica07 said:

I constantly call people on the phone and tell them about my past situation, how many jobs i have lost and how physically abusive my family is to me during this time.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:21 AM, romichica07 said:

hello everyone,

i am very very stupid girl, i completely played with my life and currently i am full of suicidal thoughts and mental agony. My family is crying over my stiuation meanwhile my brain feels completely fried. I went to speak with the doctor in september and she has told me that i was very manic and i needed latuda. Therefore i took two pills of 20 mg latuda, i know i was in agony and did not think of the consenquences. Again I had anger outburts and violent fights at home with my family not knowing what i had done. I went completely crazy from the latuda, i feel very very bad for trying it out. i am in pain which i have caused myself. i feel really suicidal. I then again went to the doctor and was told to take prozac 10 mg to start with. I took only 3 tablets and started throwing up terribly. please have i messed up too much at this point? I just reinstated with 1-2 mg of prozac but still my mental pain is very deep. I am not sure what i did and out of anger and fights at home i made decisions in anger. Please is there hope for me ...i am praying to not go to the hospital route please 

What happened after you reinstated this small dose of Prozac? How did you measure 1-2mg?

Edited by Altostrata
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello Alto Strata

I completely apologize for not following up with my posts. Yes i have constant fears that torment me daily, fear of ending homeless, fear of not moving on in life but always living with my parents, fear of never able to understand who i truly am, how i can really handle society. I moved out of home at 23 and came back living at home, it has been hell. I am definitely not well, how can i explain such symptoms, what would you suggest please? 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed all italics

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

On 27/12/2017 at 7:46 AM, Altostrata said:

romichica, I moved your post to your existing Introductions topic. Please bookmark or follow this topic so you can see responses to your posts in it.

I noticed that you pop in here when you're in crisis and don't seem to see responses to your posts.

We have asked you repeatedly for your symptom pattern. What symptoms do you have now? Do they follow any daily pattern?

Does starting a new job make you feel anxious and lead to this behavior?

What happened after you reinstated this small dose of Prozac? How did you measure 1-2mg?

The reinstatement was terrible, i felt high, not myself, i felt in horrible shape! I had to stop 

Edited by ChessieCat
extracted response from quote

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

This is a follow up to my withdrawl from Lexapro about 7 months ago. I have been through hell, not only going through medical withdrawl pain and anguish but also physical abuse by a narcissistic mother. I am currently calmer, however everyday I wake up with intense pain in my brain , expecially in the morning. I feel very overwhelmed in the morning, lacking focus, and just irritated. Please let me know if you have been through this pain, what do you assume it is? It just feels like my head is heavy and my mood switched. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi romi,

I merged the new Intro you created with your original Intro.  Each member has only 1 Intro topic where they can ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  It keeps your history in one place and can help other members.

Please do not create any more Intro topics.  Thank you.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you been keeping a diary of your symptoms?

Please keep notes on paper of when your symptoms worsen/lessen.  It may also be a good idea to note when/what you have eaten/drunk and also things which happen or what you did throughout the day.  You may help you to see a pattern.

This is an example:

Keep notes on paper about your drug dosages and daily symptom pattern

A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms.

What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

An appointments diary is perfect for this and can be bought at stationery stores. 

They have a page for each day with times for appointments which can be filled in with doses, symptoms etc as shown by Alto.

Edited by ChessieCat

thank you for the replies everyone. I feel it is the oil (CBD OIL ) that I am using, I just added it to my diet, I feel changes by it. I wish I can be more concentrated. I am having a difficult time holding a job, this is a big huge concern for me. Has anyone that has to taken psych drugs had such issue? I do think I have an anxiety disorder. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• 1 year later...

Hello team,

I wanted to check in and ask for new opinions as I am in great pain and need help with making the right choices. 

After quitting 20 mg cold turkey of Lexapro I went through hell of one year and have been recovered based on the pain I went through. I feel thankful, also I left my abusive narcissism family. However after leaving home and being of medicine completely off I have been fired over 25 jobs which has caused great trauma, I cannot hold jobs, my anxiety is high and I cannot go back to my abusive family I am also getting older and I feel anxious as I face the world with no certainty. I did check in with another psychiatrist who suggested I start LAMICAL ASAP at 50 mg. Please  I am horrified to try medication after Lexapro hell. 

Where do I go? I feel my trauma has been increased due to all these jobs and feeling that I BELONG NO WHERE REALLY 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Administrator

@romichica07, I moved your new posts here, to update your Intro.

What are the symptoms for which you might want to take lamotrigine? Do you get nervous and confused at your jobs?

Please do NOT start lamotrigine at 50mg, that's too high.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

23 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What are the symptoms for which you might want to take lamotrigine? Do you get nervous and confused at your jobs?

Hello dear altostrada 

you are such an amazing person for the continued support. I am basically providing for myself and have gotten into a 7 k loan at this point due to losing all prospective jobs and I have a horrible reputation with my family who truly think that I am lazy and also I don’t want to handle life with being a drug addict which is not the case. I am in pain and at a cross roads for my life for I need to make a living and crave to have real life experience such as relationship and traveling all of which I cannot do because I have only 3 dollars in my savings account. I graduated for college 5 years ago and have made 0 money from my college degree as I am unable to perform is this a disability?? My doctor thinks I need lamictal for the anxiety and mood problems in order to survive and I HATE PILLS I AM SO SCARED OF THIs 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Administrator

I don't know whether you have a disability or not. I don't diagnose or prescribe. You'll have to figure out why you are having trouble with those jobs and what's the right solution for you. Maybe you need a job that's very quiet or a job with animals or something.

What kind of jobs did you take? Were they related to your college degree? I agree with Alto. Find the stress factors and look for something different.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

hi guys,

thank you for the replies. Yes I am looking toward a career with children, unfortunately my finances are in terrible shape. I am truly hoping and praying to stick to natural ways to handle this but the anxiety is definitely there none the less 

also I live in new York, this is also horrible for my INTROVERT PERSONALITY 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Altostrata said:

Hello Alto,

I have found a job working with children but the pay is terrible and i support myself for everything. I cannot function at high level jobs WITHOUT medication for anxiety but i am hoping to  not start them. I am considering ativan .5

at what point does this become addictive ? I will take it with LITHIUM ORATTETE which is also getting EXPENSIVE. I am very sad that i cannot use my College Degree

at this moment i am in CC DEBT

Edited by ChessieCat
changed font

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Administrator

I can't tell you if Ativan 0.5mg can help you, or lithium orotate.

To even begin a response to a question like that, I have to know your daily symptom pattern. We've asked you for this several times.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I have to know your daily symptom pattern.

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Hello Team.

The symptoms are the same and they have not changed since my other threads 

1. ANXIETY TO PERFORM AND BE MYSELF

2. DEPRESSED SYMPTOMS WORSEN AFTERNOON 12-3 FEELING LOST NO DIRECTION 

3. FINANCIALLY IN DEBT AND CANNOT HANDLE MONEY WELL 

4. UNABLE TO KEEP REAL INCOME JOBS WHERE I GET FIRED

These are all the same nothing has changed 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• 1 year later...

VRAYLAR = Cariprazine, sold under the brand names Vraylar in the United States and Reagila in Europe, is an atypical antipsychotic

hello every one...

I have not been on here in awhile. Things have not been great to say the least, from lost of jobs and loneliness its been a mess. I made a doc appointment and have been prescribed vraylar. I told the doctor I am not anti psychotic...i have mood issues anxiety and panic attacks....please advise

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title / drug info

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  What drugs have you taken since you were last here?

Q:  What drug/s are you currently taking?

Edited by ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus

Please add the date to your drug signature when you reinstated Prozac.  Thank you.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• 1 year later...

Hello Friends,

My symptoms have come back and I always come back here to express myself. It has been 4 years and honestly I  am not doing better when it comes to my illness. I WALK out of jobs, cannot hold relationships and I feel lost and jobless constantly. I have been told I am autistic as well. What can I do...start medicating? I feel I am not smart to make my own decisions it scares me. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg