Hellbutrin

Has anyone had any luck with using probiotics along with fish oil supplements?

Hellbutrin

I've read on multiple different sites along with SA that a lot of our neuroreceptors are actually in our stomachs, that made me think that utilizing a probiotic might assist with digestive recovery as well as reestablishing our neuroreceptive homeostasis in the stomach. Has anyone tried this? If so, did you have any luck with it?

peng

Hi,

I take a daily probiotic capsule and omega 3 oil, because I was on omeprazole PPI for years and only gave that up last year.

I do get gastric trouble now and again, but do not know if without the probiotic it would be worse.  It costs enough!

Anyway if it keeps me from getting worse on my tapering AD, will probably accept that it may be helping.

Good luck and best wishes, Tex.

chrona

Many probiotics are not active so you have to buy the best.   There is one call VSL that is very expensive but the people who have had some of their intestine taken out swear by it.  I made yogurt from it and extended it that way. I also make kefir and drink it every day.  No more bloating.  

Also there is vagal nerve theory.   Check it out, there has been a lot more research on the nerve that connects the gut to the brain.  

powerback
36 minutes ago, chrona said:

Many probiotics are not active so you have to buy the best.   There is one call VSL that is very expensive but the people who have had some of their intestine taken out swear by it.  I made yogurt from it and extended it that way. I also make kefir and drink it every day.  No more bloating.  

Also there is vagal nerve theory.   Check it out, there has been a lot more research on the nerve that connects the gut to the brain.  

Hi chrona ,I also make my own kefir the last 2 months because of a consumer orientated   documentary showing the amount of miss information and conduct when it comes to what we buy in the health shops .my kefir have not stopped multiplying so by that I judge there very healthy as in loads of probiotics and minerals ,it hasn't taken withdrawal away :( but I'm very regular if you get my drift and this is detoxifying .the problem I have is I'm building up too many  grains ,I have my parents and sister doing it  and there all claiming benefits ,time will see .

PB

chrona

I have just re-started yoga and pranayama and it helps a lot with symptoms at least temporarily.  ( an hour).   it's important that you do pranayama with your yoga poses otherwise it won't work.   as for finding out what they are, check out u-tube.  ujayi breath during entire yoga session.  inversions make things much better.  you don't have to stand on your head,  just shoulder stand or something so that your head is below most of your body/

chrona

cool baths are good for vagal nerve and incredibly relaxing to something deep inside.  I am a wimp and I sit in 2 inches of cool water.  and it works.