gone4eva

gone4eva: How is this even possible?

gone4eva

This is the most cruel unfair horrible thing to ever even be possible to happen to anyone ever. I have cried my eyes out for 1 yr and 2 months now over my huge loss. Im going crazy thinking of the whole situation in my head no one really believes medication no he just doesn't love me anymore and loves some other woman. But not only that he tells lies about me he doesn't bother helping financially at all rarely sees his kids couldn't care less if they're OK or not but yet is really enjoying his new life. 17years together our biggest arguments were over the stupidest things like who's turn to cook dinner or who gets the sleep in and who deals with the kids on the week end. We loved each other well so I thought more than anything in the world soul mates in separable life was literally amazing. Was it cymbalta or is his new life with her just more amazing and fun than it ever was with the kids and I. I have read over all the stories here and the horrible things they seem to do once started these medications I actually want to make myself believe its his medication but I just don't know anymore all I know is my life as I knew it is over my family is no longer a family my kids barley have a father I'm sad and depressed everyday and I see no hope for a future and all I hear of him is how great of a life he's living. What kind of a world are we living in if stupid medication can cause this kind of hell on people. Just too bad they took tablets don't love you now love some one else and the left behind just have to deal with it.......

gone4eva

Lives literally stolen by medication. How do you even explain that to people especially kids who had mummy and daddy together happy family why does it get stolen from innocent kids.... Why we have one life only and we or our partner makes an innocent decision in taking prescribed medication that's supposed to help but instead ruins lives forever not just one life so many are ruined in the process I can only imagine where I'd be in life now if I was still with the man I love I can't even talk to him about our babies we created them together but now I can only remember how I shared all their special moments with their dad cause now he hates me. Memories is all i have of an amazing life...

gone4eva

I hope its the medication because then I feel that our life together did mean something to him as it is it feels like we never even knew each other. But  scared to believe its medication because he may never ever be the nan he once was and the saddest part of that is our kids loose their father but he has also lost the bond he had with them. I couldn't be bothered writing the whole story the things that have happened are beyond belief until I read stories in here then they seem just like the rest. The whole he never ever would have done this before out of the blue total change....... Basically totally happy normal in love great little family until he started cymbalta then 3 months on it and all hell started it all began with I don't love you that way anymore...... If it's this medication how the hell is the left behind supposed to move on move forward accept their loved one is gone forever...... 

ChessieCat

The book Your Drug May Be Your Problem by Peter Breggin is well worth reading.

DrugfreeProf

Gone4eva, I am so sorry to hear about the incredible pain you are going through. I am quite certain, based on what you have shared, that your partner's feelings of love, empathy, and compassion became deadened by the antidepressant he was placed on. It happens all the time, as you yourself have seen after reading a lot of posts on the forums here and on other sites (e.g., Marriages Ruined by SSRIs).  These drugs absolutely do have that effect on many (tho not all) people, and it is a crime and an atrocity as well as a tragedy for the partners and children of people so affected by drugs this way. I myself had something very similar happen to me after my ex was placed on prozac and ritalin. He went from being a   halfway decent partner and father to a scary, abusive maniac. And my entreaties to his psychiatrist went unanswered and unacknowledged. We got divorced due to his abuse and his infidelity--which had NEVER occurred prior to the psych drugs. Criminal levels of malpractice are going on in psychiatrists and general practice doctors' offices everwhere!  My sincere sympathy to you. Your husband needs to get off the drugs. . .but slowly. . .

gone4eva

I'm so sorry that its also happen to you. I feel for everyone whose story I have read that has or is going through this. It's so wrong. Its such an unnatural unbelievable thing to even happen it feels like life is stolen from you for no reason at all. I'd love if he'd get off the medication but sadly he has stated that he has no intentions whatsoever of stopping the medication. He's gone forever. Our children are little I have read stories in here of people coming off them years down the track like 5,6,7 etc years later and realising what they have done its sad. I don't know if he ever will get off them I can only hope. It hurts so much......