Roxyrich

Reinstatement worries

Roxyrich   
Roxyrich

I know this is going to be controversial, but has anyone heard of anyone reinstating an ssri after an adverse reaction. 

You might just dismiss this and say no its impossible, once damaged by an ssri  in the form of an adverse reaction, there's no going back. 

This is where it gets controversial. 

Let's say your about to end it all , is it just game over ,or one would say , surely it's worth a try, in the ultimate form of life or death.

PoetJester   
PoetJester

Hi Roxy

there was a recent post on SA from someone who had had a an adverse reaction to a reinstatement and had developed crushing fatigue that caused her to lose   her job and then had tried tiltrating up on a drug a few months after the adverse reaction and had posted an update about 2 weeks back saying the lion's share of their symptoms were now gone when she reached .4 mg of a drug whose name  I can't remember now.   Bellatrix was the poster.   .  Check out her story.

Poetjester

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

bheb   
bheb

Curious about this too. Had an adverse reaction 10 months ago and it makes little sense for me to reinstate since it was a side effect not wd, but looking for anything 

StarChild   
StarChild

This is a very frustrating position to be in. I sympathise with you very deeply!

I had an adverse reaction when reinstating Fluoxetine (prozac) after almost 5 months out of a cold turkey. I solved it by reducing the dosage. 

I'm on 05 mg now and I'm better. I also realised that it was important for me to take the meds after eating whereas before I could pop 3 pills (60mg) on an empty stomach, I now can only take a quarter of one pill (05 mg) on a full stomach after my first meal of the day.

"Let's say your about to end it all , is it just game over ,or one would say , surely it's worth a try, in the ultimate form of life or death."

Its definitely worth a try!!! Don't give up just yet. Play with it, tinker, experiment and the light will eventually emerge.