Nadia

‘I don’t know who I am without it’: the truth about long-term antidepressant use

btdt

I can certainly identify .... after reading the article.....me too.

RealMe
On 10/8/2017 at 8:05 PM, Nadia said:

Not sure if this was posted already (it did not come up in a search). I felt some comfort reading it, knowing this is getting press and that my experiences are common. Doctors tell us withdrawal is "all in our heads".

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/06/dont-know-who-am-antidepressant-long-term-use

Hi Nadia,

I was wondering if you had any relief from tinnitus or if you had any suggestions for me.  I am suffering severely from the sound and the anxiety it causes.

Nadia
On 12/28/2017 at 8:52 PM, RealMe said:

Hi Nadia,

I was wondering if you had any relief from tinnitus or if you had any suggestions for me.  I am suffering severely from the sound and the anxiety it causes.

Hi RealMe,

I still have tinnitus occasionally... probably one of my most persistent symptoms. But it'll go away for months at a time! Seems to come back at times of high stress, but not predictably. Like right now I'm under a huge amount of stress and I've got none. =) Hang in there... and mindfulness helps for this. Sometimes I start getting feeling of claustrophobia and desperation to make it stop, and then I calm down from this by observing it without judgment. I pretty much try to ignore it. I also do a thing where I notice when it dies down and concentrate on that. Not sure if it helps, but I thought it might work in the same way as concentrating on feeling grateful and good helps to expand and reproduce those feelings.

RealMe
18 minutes ago, Nadia said:

Hi RealMe,

I still have tinnitus occasionally... probably one of my most persistent symptoms. But it'll go away for months at a time! Seems to come back at times of high stress, but not predictably. Like right now I'm under a huge amount of stress and I've got none. =) Hang in there... and mindfulness helps for this. Sometimes I start getting feeling of claustrophobia and desperation to make it stop, and then I calm down from this by observing it without judgment. I pretty much try to ignore it. I also do a thing where I notice when it dies down and concentrate on that. Not sure if it helps, but I thought it might work in the same way as concentrating on feeling grateful and good helps to expand and reproduce those feelings.

Thank you, Nadia.  Was yours drug or sound induced?  How long have you had it?  Have you been off ADs since 2014?  Good for you.  So happy to read a success story.