littleball

littleball: I want to go back to what I used to be

littleball

I've been having PSSD since my first assumption of an AD (November 2014). Now I am 14 months off of Effexor and almost 5 months clean from any substance, but sexuality is still compromised. Do you think that there is still hope for me?  

Should I get my prolactin levels analysed? I remember that one month after the first assumption I got my blood tested, because the shrinker wanted to see if there was any organic cause responsibile for my anxiety. And the only abnormal level in the results was prolactine. I should have stopped immediately.

Altostrata

How have your symptoms changed over the last 6 months?

littleball
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How have your symptoms changed over the last 6 months?

Hello Altostrata, over the last 6 months I haven't seen any improvement, maybe my mood is a bit stabler. 

I can't get aroused since 2014. My orgasm was inhibited while taking the drugs. When stopping the drugs it has immediately returned but it is more a mechanical thing, there is no sexual arousement before. 

Altostrata

Do you have any other withdrawal symptoms?

Return of sensation can be very slow and gradual.

littleball
5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you have any other withdrawal symptoms?

Return of sensation can be very slow and gradual.

I report the list of my current symptoms:

-pins and needles, joint pain and feeling my nervous system is acting weird

-occasionally brain zaps, mainly while sleeping 

-daily malaises, feeling strange

-mood swings

-racing thoughts

-ocd 

-pssd in the form of no genital arousement and lubrication, neither spontaneous

Apart from the first two, I had those symptoms also while taking the drugs, so I'm not sure if this situation will ever change. What I am sure of is that I wasn't like this before. 

Sleeping has improved quite a bit and also the awakening in the morning, even if I still don't feel it back to normal. But I have to say that my lifestyle has changed positively: I am working fixed hours at the moment. 

Oh, my eye has stopped twitching, this symptom lasted only 3 weeks. 

Altostrata
5 hours ago, littleball said:

Sleeping has improved quite a bit and also the awakening in the morning, even if I still don't feel it back to normal. But I have to say that my lifestyle has changed positively

You are still recovering. This can take years. It's hard, but you need to be patient. It helps if you can look back every 6 months and note improvements rather than worry and brood from day to day. Try to distract yourself from this. Read

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

"Is it always going to be like this?"

What does healing from withdrawal syndrome feel like?

The importance of feeling good

littleball

Thank you so much for your words and useful links, but from time to time I get really sick of this situation, I lose my mind and I have to complain with someone