Jump to content
RealMe

RealMe: Fighting depression/withdrawal from Abilify, Trintellix now on Prozac

Recommended Posts

Kristine

Sorry RM, posted this in the wrong intro! 😖 But hope you are travelling well 😄K

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

I'm 4 months away from Abilify, about 2 months off Trintellix, 2 months off Seroquel/Wellbutrin/Prozac 20 mg.  I'm still on Prozac 10 mg. and just want to report two days of functioning without going back to bed in the morning and no suicidal thinking.  Tinnitus is still very present but less anxiety about it.  Same with dystonia and tremors.  I have increased appetite and hot and cold flashes by turns.  I actually had a few instances of pleasure today.  Talked to a couple of people and enjoyed some Christmas lights.

 

Question:  Am I ready to begin tapering or am I still holding?

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

I just received a reminder call from the psychiatrist's office re my appointment in 2 days.  I made the appointment because they wouldn't renew my fluoxetine without one.  But I do not want to go.  I do not want to see that doctor or hear anything he has to say no matter how well-meaning he might be.  I have about 40 days of meds left.  He thinks I'm on fluoxetine 20, but I went down to 10mg. in October.  I don't even want to discuss it with him.  Maybe I'll call and postpone the appointment for another month.  That should give me time to settle down emotionally.  I just don't want to run out of the med I'm stabilizing on.  I don't see the point in trying to find another psychiatrist.

 

Question:  What should I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine

Hey RM, I've just been reading your story and you have certainly come a long way! Congratulations! Regarding your question about your appointment with your psychiatrist....you have established that the only requirement you need from this person is a script for Fluoxitine. In the past when I have run out of a prescription, I rang my psychiatrist and organised with the secretary to have a script faxed to my pharmacy.  It has never been a problem.  We are in different countries, so there may be different rules, but it might be worth a try. No face to face required!

 

I think avoiding any source of potential stress is extremely important for your recovery and well being :) 

 

Hope this helps a little. K

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
7 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hey RM, I've just been reading your story and you have certainly come a long way! Congratulations! Regarding your question about your appointment with your psychiatrist....you have established that the only requirement you need from this person is a script for Fluoxitine. In the past when I have run out of a prescription, I rang my psychiatrist and organised with the secretary to have a script faxed to my pharmacy.  It has never been a problem.  We are in different countries, so there may be different rules, but it might be worth a try. No face to face required!

 

I think avoiding any source of potential stress is extremely important for you recovery and well being :) 

 

Hope this helps a little. K

Yes, it sure does.  I appreciate the support and kind comments.  Hope you are doing well.  I haven't read your story yet.  Tomorrow I will. 

Share this post


Link to post
AliG

Hi RM , another alternative is ~ If you are not feeling comfortable with your current psychiatrist, a general practitioner can prescribe your medication if you can find one that is sympathetic to your needs. If you have a read through these links : there's some pointers on how to talk to your doctor to help get them on side. It's true, that all you really need from them is the script and hopefully their understanding of your end goal.

 

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

 

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

 

As to the question of holding or tapering: If I were you, I might hold and give your nervous system some time to re-calibrate and achieve some much needed stability, especially as you're just starting to feel somewhat better. You have been through many drug changes and by holding, you are enabling your CNS to settle and give it a chance to catch up and recover from those changes.

 

It's encouraging that you have had some positive improvements ~ I hope it keeps up for a while and gives you some breathing space. Let us know how you go with your script. :)

Edited by AliG
spacing

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

Thank you Ali for your good ideas. I didn't find this response till today.  I hesitate to talk to my gp because he is the one who referred me to the psychiatrist when the Prozac was not working at 80 mg. That's when the abilify trouble started as if I needed more drugs. Anyway I am going to study the links u suggested and talk to him  then. 

I have another issue with a friend who keeps wanting details about my health. I don't know what I told her when I was deep into withdrawals. I do remember saying something like I'm having medical problems and need some space. Today after questions and more questions I tried to minimize and get off the subject. I wish I hadn't talked to anyone when I was out of my gourd. Now how do I handle the concern of friends who I prefer not to discuss my psych problems with?

On 12/12/2017 at 12:47 AM, AliG said:

Hi RM , another alternative is ~ If you are not feeling comfortable with your current psychiatrist, a general practitioner can prescribe your medication if you can find one that is sympathetic to your needs. If you have a read through these links : there's some pointers on how to talk to your doctor to help get them on side. It's true, that all you really need from them is the script and hopefully their understanding of your end goal.

 

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

 

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

 

As to the question of holding or tapering: If I were you, I might hold and give your nervous system some time to re-calibrate and achieve some much needed stability, especially as you're just starting to feel somewhat better. You have been through many drug changes and by holding, you are enabling your CNS to settle and give it a chance to catch up and recover from those changes.

 

It's encouraging that you have had some positive improvements ~ I hope it keeps up for a while and gives you some breathing space. Let us know how you go with your script. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley

When people ask, I say, "I'm having some health issues.  Not life-threatening but they may take a little while to work out.  Thanks for asking."  If they persist, I say, "I'd rather not go into it right now."  

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine

Hi Real Me, Just letting you know I'm thinking of you.  I've had similar issues with friends.  I've also found out quickly who my true friends are.  Talking about mental illness quickly seperates the 'good eggs' and the 'bad eggs'.  In the past I thought I owed people an explanation.  This was in no way beneficial to my well being. Some people love to gossip.  This has just added to my pain over the years.  

 

6 hours ago, Gridley said:

When people ask, I say, "I'm having some health issues.  Not life-threatening but they may take a little while to work out.  Thanks for asking."  If they persist, I say, "I'd rather not go into it right now."  

 

I think Gridley's response to persistent questions is spot on! 

Take Care. K

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
35 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hi Real Me, Just letting you know I'm thinking of you.  I've had similar issues with friends.  I've also found out quickly who my true friends are.  Talking about mental illness quickly seperates the 'good eggs' and the 'bad eggs'.  In the past I thought I owed people an explanation.  This was in no way beneficial to my well being. Some people love to gossip.  This has just added to my pain over the years.  

Hi Kristine,

I read your introduction and comments and empathize with all you have gone through.  You have certainly come a long way, and you can be proud of how you have persisted and learned so much about how to help yourself.  I certainly admire your good attitude and amazing ability to express yourself.

 

I agree so much with what you said about how explaining our mental health to people doesn't benefit us.  Thank you so much for your response.  Even though I know some of my friends and family just care about me, it doesn't help me to say how I feel.  It just riles me up, even if I had been feeling moderately better.  And it doesn't end all the painful questions.  I am definitely going to memorize and repeat Gridley's response.

 

It is good to meet you, Kristine, and I look forward to working and healing with you. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine
10 hours ago, RealMe said:

 Even though I know some of my friends and family just care about me, it doesn't help me to say how I feel

 

This is a tricky one 😕 It is very difficult to explain how you feel when many people are unable to empathise.  In many ways I think it frightens people....especially when they don't know how to help, what to say or how to respond.  I find this whole process with family and friends utterly exhausting.  My dear husband (amazing man) has tried so hard over the years to help 'fix' the negative feelings I express.  He would desperately try every kind of rational approach possible.  However, the most comforting approach he uses is when he gives me a hug, strokes my hair and tells me "it's all going to be ok".  No Questions 😊

 

11 hours ago, RealMe said:

It is good to meet you, Kristine, and I look forward to working and healing with you.

 

Likewise Realme ☺️ Thank you. K

Share this post


Link to post
AliG

How are you now RM and what did you decide to do ~  are you going to hold for a little while?

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
6 hours ago, AliG said:

How are you now RM and what did you decide to do ~  are you going to hold for a little while?

I'm holding, Ali.  Thank you for asking about me.  I don't know how long I should hold though.  I'm so looking forward to finding out what normal would be for me.  I have enough meds to last me until at least mid-January.  Then I will have to get another script (I dread asking for what I need from any doctor).  I'm tempted to start tapering, but all I have are 20 mg. tablets which I cut in half where they are scored (and some expired capsules which I guess I can't use).  I tried to cut the tens in halves and quarters, but they just shatter.  I guess I would need to crush them and weigh them on a scale which I need to purchase.  It would make sense to go to liquid, but I feel like unless I get hit by a truck, I never want to see another doctor again.

 

I'm feeling irritable and depressed, but pushing myself to be a little sociable.  Today I went to a cookie exchange with some women I know casually.  I can't believe what a big deal I can make out of such an ordinary thing.  I saw so many apparently comfortable women, and I wondered how that must feel even though I know a lot of people are good at presenting themselves regardless of what's going on inside.  I do feel a sense of accomplishment that I was able to go.

 

My concentration is not very good.  It only seems good on this site.  I think it's part of being so preoccupied with how I feel.  I'm trying to habituate to my dystonia, tremors and tinnitus; and I think I am doing better with that.  At least I haven't been crying the way I was.  I've also been able to stay up more often in the mornings instead of escaping back in sleep, not every day but more often.

 

I have been biting my tongue accidentally and have the strange sensation that it is too big for my mouth along with a tinny taste and excessive salivation.  I stopped taking magnesium last night, and I don't know if it's placebo but seems a little better today.  I have a stinging and numbness in my thigh, and it is more pronounced when I first wake up or even during the night.  I don't feel suicidal, but I think a lot about what a relief a peaceful death would be.  I feel guilty about expressing that, but I'm hoping it's a symptom like all the others and will get better.  I do reject negative thoughts.  I just haven't been able to stop them from intruding as much as I want to.  Reading other people's posts helps me.  Thank you, Ali.  I appreciate your responding to me.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

Today I went to the psychotherapist.  I told her I was not going back to the psychiatrist and that my goal was to taper off fluoxetine 10 mg. in a couple of months, that I would need to get my gp to prescribe for me.  She said I would always need medication, that I was fortunate to be ok on only fluoxetine 10 mg.  I said I had been on 80 mg. of it at one point and that wasn't working, but after having been off it for 2 1/2 years, it seems to be stabilizing me at present.  I said I thought the same thing would happen that brought me to 80mg., that it eventually would stop working, and where would I go from there while my serotonin "functioning" would be further diminished?  She said I could always increase it but that I was thinking negatively which, she said,  "you have a tendency to do."  I thought I was thinking proactively.  If I had thought like this before taking Abilify and Trintellix and Seroquel and Propranolol and Bupropion, I wouldn't have tinnitus and dystonia.  She said they are rare symptoms; but I said if I had done my homework, I would not have risked it.

 

Messages:  You will always need psychotropic medication.  Psychotropic medication is helping you because there is something wrong with your brain's ability to use serotonin.  If you challenge these ideas, you are thinking negatively.

 

My daughter said, "you have been the champion of anti-depressants for years."  I was very upset to hear her say that, and all I could respond was, "Well, I regret it now."

 

The result of talking with the therapist is that I am more afraid of tapering the dose I am on, but I'm still going to try it.  She point blank told me I would not be able to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Scorpio

I’m sorry you had a bad experience with the psychotherapist but unfortunately they as well as Doctors and psychiatrists sing from the same hymn sheet. It is the only answer they have. They have been Brain washed into thinking these drugs are a panacea for any problems.   The drug companies skew their results on findings and the medical profession find handing out drugs an easy answer. 

 

One day this nightmare for us and goodness knows how many thousands of other suffering people will be shown to be the dreadful mis treating it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Ogres

Hi RealMe, may I suggest you to listen and to trust yourself first and foremost? You've done a tremendous amount of work already and i don't see why you wouldn't be successful in tapering off 10mg fluoxetine. Wishing you all the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout
On 12/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, RealMe said:

I'm 4 months away from Abilify, about 2 months off Trintellix, 2 months off Seroquel/Wellbutrin/Prozac 20 mg.  I'm still on Prozac 10 mg. and just want to report two days of functioning without going back to bed in the morning and no suicidal thinking.  Tinnitus is still very present but less anxiety about it.  Same with dystonia and tremors.  I have increased appetite and hot and cold flashes by turns.  I actually had a few instances of pleasure today.  Talked to a couple of people and enjoyed some Christmas lights.

 

Question:  Am I ready to begin tapering or am I still holding?

How bad were those drugs, especially abilify and seroquel? Trintillex? How long did it take you to not feel totally depressed? I’m looking for some hope here. Looks like you got off this stuff faster than me. I don’t think I’m on enough of anything and that’s my problem. Only 50 mg of trazadone and 3 beads of effexor. Everything makes me hyper and manic. And get this, I never had manic depression until I started getting pulled on and off drugs. Good for having a few minutes of pleasure. I’d take that. I’d be thrilled with an increased appetite too. I always thought it would be great not to want to eat. I was wrong about that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Oh RealMe

youve got this!! Listen to your own instincts. Every dr I’ve ever seen has told me I would always need a med for anxiety. Well, 2 years ago my anxiety was a fraction of what it is now..... caused by lexapro and subsequent tapering of it. 

 

I went to a pdoc the the other day. Why? I’m not sure. I wanted to get genetic testing. Didn’t because it costs an arm and a leg. Anyway, I was telling her my experience with tapering. How I believe I got seratonin syndrome when I updosed. And how I had akathasia and complete insomnia for 2 months and what hell it was and how horrible it’s been for 6 mo now. She said 5 mg wasn’t a therapeutic dose and I should go back to 10. Did you not hear what I just said??? She said then I needed a booster. She wanted me to add abilify and seroquel. This was after I gave her a list of side effects from tapering. From tapering off this poison!!! This isn’t the real me. I wasn’t like this 2 years ago. I had anxiety disorder that, in hindsight could have been treated with a better diet, more rigorous exercise, yoga. Now she wants to put me on antipsychotic meds for schizophrenics?  I will never go to her or another psychiatrist again!!

i told her my GP would handle my refills as he has been. I wanted to wipe the smug off her face and pull out her rolling eyes. And I wanted to shove a couple lexapro down her throat. 

Im not usually this harsh but where is the sympathy?  Where is the atta girl. You can do this. Let me give you some pointers on tapering. Let’s talk about how you can help yourself with that anxiety. No compassion from her. Not one iota. 

So, RealMe, you’ve got this. We’ve got this!! You can get rid of that last 10 mg. You’re scared. I’m scared. The best advice has come from this forum and the mods. They’ve lived it. They’ve researched. Done a lot of leg work for you and me. I’m ashamed to even say I went to a psych quack. But never again!! But I’m not ashamed to say that I’m getting advice from this forum. Yes, from the internet. At least I don’t get my advice from the drug reps that give me kickbacks. 

 

You’ve got this!!!!   xx lg

Share this post


Link to post
Scorpio

Hi RealMe and littlegrandma 

oh yes, I want to say I Agee with every word that littlegrandma has said. We have both had and still have the sheer terror and fear that this is causing but this site is the only place to get through it. Three cheers to lg. Hope she has pinned it on her wall to read next time she falls down the rabbit hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Thank you, my friend. After all you’re preaching to me, lol, it has sunk in. You are always the voice of reason, the angel on my shoulder. We, on this forum, are united with one goal. To live happily, peacefully, drug free.

We’ve all got this!!  If it were not for Altostrata and those that followed in her footsteps, I don’t know where we would be. Her years of research are invaluable. Her years of suffering have led the way for us to recovery as pain free as possible. She is selfless and I can’t say thank you enough. And I thank all of you who have been there for me through very dark hours. 

And yes, I am sober. Haha

hugs and love  lg

 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

How bad were those drugs, especially abilify and seroquel? Trintillex? How long did it take you to not feel totally depressed? I’m looking for some hope here. Looks like you got off this stuff faster than me. I don’t think I’m on enough of anything and that’s my problem. Only 50 mg of trazadone and 3 beads of effexor. Everything makes me hyper and manic. And get this, I never had manic depression until I started getting pulled on and off drugs. Good for having a few minutes of pleasure. I’d take that. I’d be thrilled with an increased appetite too. I always thought it would be great not to want to eat. I was wrong about that one. 

From August 8 till around Thanksgiving, I went through hell.  Looking back, I was improving throughout November, but still praying for the end due to WD symptoms.  My functioning has improved quite a bit over the past couple of weeks.  Getting off the drugs fast came with a too high price.  I would never have done it if I had found this site first.  My doctor did not know how to taper, and I suffered greatly because of it.  So, I guess about 4 months is the answer.  I feel depressed but not totally depressed.  I have hope and occasional windows.  I hope you feel better soon.  Happy to answer questions and hope I provided some encouragement.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
3 hours ago, Ogres said:

Hi RealMe, may I suggest you to listen and to trust yourself first and foremost? You've done a tremendous amount of work already and i don't see why you wouldn't be successful in tapering off 10mg fluoxetine. Wishing you all the best! 

Wonderful!  You should be my therapist, Ogres!  Thank you for your pep talk.  I wish you were in the room when I was trying to talk to the therapist.  I am going to stay in this holding pattern for a couple of months more.  Then I'm going to do what you said, listen to and trust myself.

 

How are you, Ogres?  Still very busy?  I wish you the best too.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Oh RealMe

youve got this!! Listen to your own instincts. Every dr I’ve ever seen has told me I would always need a med for anxiety. Well, 2 years ago my anxiety was a fraction of what it is now..... caused by lexapro and subsequent tapering of it. 

 

I went to a pdoc the the other day. Why? I’m not sure. I wanted to get genetic testing. Didn’t because it costs an arm and a leg. Anyway, I was telling her my experience with tapering. How I believe I got seratonin syndrome when I updosed. And how I had akathasia and complete insomnia for 2 months and what hell it was and how horrible it’s been for 6 mo now. She said 5 mg wasn’t a therapeutic dose and I should go back to 10. Did you not hear what I just said??? She said then I needed a booster. She wanted me to add abilify and seroquel. This was after I gave her a list of side effects from tapering. From tapering off this poison!!! This isn’t the real me. I wasn’t like this 2 years ago. I had anxiety disorder that, in hindsight could have been treated with a better diet, more rigorous exercise, yoga. Now she wants to put me on antipsychotic meds for schizophrenics?  I will never go to her or another psychiatrist again!!

i told her my GP would handle my refills as he has been. I wanted to wipe the smug off her face and pull out her rolling eyes. And I wanted to shove a couple lexapro down her throat. 

Im not usually this harsh but where is the sympathy?  Where is the atta girl. You can do this. Let me give you some pointers on tapering. Let’s talk about how you can help yourself with that anxiety. No compassion from her. Not one iota. 

So, RealMe, you’ve got this. We’ve got this!! You can get rid of that last 10 mg. You’re scared. I’m scared. The best advice has come from this forum and the mods. They’ve lived it. They’ve researched. Done a lot of leg work for you and me. I’m ashamed to even say I went to a psych quack. But never again!! But I’m not ashamed to say that I’m getting advice from this forum. Yes, from the internet. At least I don’t get my advice from the drug reps that give me kickbacks. 

 

You’ve got this!!!!   xx lg

Thanks for your insights and hopefulness, lg!  I can't go back to when I agreed to take Abilify and when in withdrawal from that agreed to take Seroquel, but it's important to let others know my life-altering negative experiences with them.  So glad you were wise enough to refuse them.  I feel the same about not seeing a psychiatrist again, and now I'm looking for a therapist who is more along the lines of Glenmullen (Surviving Antidepressants).  I don't want to be militantly anti-ADs for people who decide to take them, I just want my own head back.  Thanks for saying I "got this."  That's just what I want to believe, LG.  Best wishes to you.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe and littlegrandma 

oh yes, I want to say I Agee with every word that littlegrandma has said. We have both had and still have the sheer terror and fear that this is causing but this site is the only place to get through it. Three cheers to lg. Hope she has pinned it on her wall to read next time she falls down the rabbit hole. 

Thanks for your input, Scorpio!  "Falling down the rabbit hole" is the one thing this site is protecting me from doing.  Nobody was holding my hand in withdrawals, just offering me those little cookies Alice ate that said, "eat me." :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Scorpio

Hi RealMe

we are in the same boat. Still trying to get some stability after w/d in June then 1mg lexapro from July   It is a hard road but hopefully we will get much better days. 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
14 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

we are in the same boat. Still trying to get some stability after w/d in June then 1mg lexapro from July   It is a hard road but hopefully we will get much better days. 

Hi Scorpio,

Is Lexapro the same as Cipralex?  Hope you are having a good day today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Scorpio

Hi RealMe

 

yes lexapro is I think what you call it in USA but I use cipralex- both poisonous horrible stuff. I’m going up,and down like a yo-yo and think Christmas is adding to the horrible anxiety which is stupid as I love Christmas normally. Have bought the turkey and vegetables today, so hopefully will relieve the anxiety a little. Last week I had a better week and was able to go out and even see family members I haven’t seen for a few months but this week back to square one with all the old horrible symptoms back and added a few new ones- and so it goes on. 

 

‘’Have you got a lot on over the Christmas period or are others stepping in for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

As luck would have it, I'm having one of my daughters, her husband, 2 granddaughters on Christmas Eve.  My other daughter may stop in.  I won't know until they arrive.  On Christmas Day, going to my other daughter's.  On the 27th going to visit my son's family.  Thank God it doesn't all originate from me this year.  I finished my shopping, just have to wrap.  I've been keeping busy.  Trying not to think.  My tinnitus was ok yesterday, but it is very bad today.  Just hanging on for a good day to come back.

 

I should add that I tried methylcobalamin (B12) and zinc yesterday, a supplement treatment recommended for tinnitus.  This is the worst day of tinnitus I've had in a week.  I won't be trying it again tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
AliG
On 12/18/2017 at 12:43 PM, RealMe said:

I'm holding, Ali.  Thank you for asking about me.  I don't know how long I should hold though.  I'm so looking forward to finding out what normal would be for me.  I have enough meds to last me until at least mid-January.  Then I will have to get another script (I dread asking for what I need from any doctor).  I'm tempted to start tapering, but all I have are 20 mg. tablets which I cut in half where they are scored (and some expired capsules which I guess I can't use).  I tried to cut the tens in halves and quarters, but they just shatter.  I guess I would need to crush them and weigh them on a scale which I need to purchase.  It would make sense to go to liquid, but I feel like unless I get hit by a truck, I never want to see another doctor again

 

I would hold, at least until after the holidays ~  can be stressful ~ it all adds to your stability.

 

The question to ask is ~ what foundation of stability do you want before your next cut? You can make your own liquid ~ but you need an ongoing script. Any doctor can prescribe that.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
On 12/21/2017 at 5:18 PM, RealMe said:

I tried methylcobalamin (B12) and zinc yesterday, a supplement treatment recommended for tinnitus.  This is the worst day of tinnitus I've had in a week.  I won't be trying it again tonight.

Tinnitus was still bad today but better than yesterday.  I did not take the B12 or zinc last night. Maybe it helps others, but not me.  I also made a mistake by trying both at the same time.  It is recommended to be careful of supplements and try only one at a time in a small amount.  If you take two things, you don't know which one caused the side effects.  I am a slow learner.  Also too impulsive.  

 

I went back to sleep this morning to escape my symptoms (tinnitus, tremors, depression, anxiety, lack of motivation or pleasure).  I don't have a lot of energy today, and my appetite is increasing uncomfortably.  I had no appetite for the longest time, but lately I have cravings.  I think it's a side effect of the fluoxetine I'm on.  When I was on it before my disastrous 2 1/2 year Abilify/Trintillex excursion, I had gained over 60 pounds which I lost when I stopped it.  I don't eat any flour or sugar and very little fat, but lately it's much harder to refrain.  Weight gain is awful but not the worst symptom.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Downbutnotout

I almost took abilify  but refused. I was worried about my weight at the time. I could care less about it now. I am finding it difficult to eat. I can’t even feed myself, and it’s sad. I haven’t enjoyed eating  since I got into this stinking depression.  I am hardly eating and I still weight 165 pounds.  Tintinnitus must be awful.  Good for you to keep off alcohol after all this time. The funny part. I used to work at a drug and alcohol facility. I guess I would be able to better relate to the clients now. I was taking this crap then, and not realizing it was turning me into a drug addict. 

Share this post


Link to post
Scorpio

Hi RealMe

 

just to say hope you are having a lovely time with your daughter and family. Also that the tinnitus has quietened down for you. 

‘Merry Christmas to you and hopefully next year we will all be feeling much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe
2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi RealMe

 

just to say hope you are having a lovely time with your daughter and family. Also that the tinnitus has quietened down for you. 

‘Merry Christmas to you and hopefully next year we will all be feeling much better. 

Thank you, Scorpio.  It's going full blast, but I am trying to distract myself the best I can.  My symptoms are very distressing today of all days.  My daughter will be here in a couple of hours.  I hope I will be distracted, not agitated.  I don't know how to deal with this.  Merry Christmas to you and I want to share your hope for a much better next year.

Share this post


Link to post
RealMe

Severe tinnitus, anxiety, depression, SI.  I need strength and hope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Littlegrandma

Sorry RealMe

im in the same boat. Had a houseful for Christmas and couldn’t control my crying at times. I had to escape every once in awhile. I wish I could be more optimistic for you, but feeling pretty hopeless myself. I’m just praying for a better new year for all of us. Hugs Lg

Share this post


Link to post
Kristine

Thinking of you RealMe, 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.