Vanora

Australian petition needs your signature

Vanora

Sorry folks to ask you yet again to sign a petition but it seems the best way to grab the attention of our politicians. 

Petition Request - We ask for: - moratorium on the proposal: Policymakers consider forwarded information from Principle Petitioner: An inquiry with Royal Commission powers into forced medication, informed consent, prescribing practices, medications' adverse impacts: Establishment of psychiatric drug detox/rehabilitation facilities: Revision of Mental Health policy and practice - to abate harm, acknowledge UN findings regarding involuntary treatment and meet obligations under international Treaties - UNCRPD, UNCAT, UNICCPR.                        

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business//Petitions/House_of_Representatives_Petitions/Petitions_General/Sign_an_e-petition?id=EN0360

Please sign, we need your help. Thank you.

Vanora

Forgot to say, anyone from anywhere in the world can sign!

JanCarol

Thanks Vanora!  I'm in Australia and a citizen here - so I appreciate your efforts!

Vanora

Thank you JanCarol. Although I'm not actually involved with this petition - I posted on behalf of a friend - I'm prepared to keep supporting initiatives like this because we quite simply need to get the word out about the harms of psych drugs (and psychiatric treatments in general) and we need change whether it be in Australia or anywhere else. It may take some time to change attitudes but I don't think they can ignore people like us forever. Unfortunately, the victims of the biological model of psychiatry are going to continue to grow. 

powerback

Your more than welcome good on you Vanora for trying to make a difference .thanks .

PB