SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jurges: Paxil to Prozac taper

Jurges

Hello 

I was on 20mg of Paxil for 15 years due to a few panic episodes. I just recently got put on a taper plan using Prozac that I completed. It was a 30 day taper. My last dose of 5mg was a week ago today.  Im struggling mightily with WD. Dizziness, brain fog and fatigue is the most apparent. 

How long will this last and is there anything  I can do for to help? Dr said I have to see it through or take a longer taper. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks 

Paxil 20Mg (2004-October 17)

Prozac 10MG off on from 10/17 - 8/19 

Klonopin .25 / day - 2018 - present 

Adderall 10MG 2017 - present (as needed) 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jurges: Paxil to Prozac taper
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jurges and welcome to SA,

So that we are better able to offer suggestions we need additional information.  Please complete your drug signature and provide the dates and doses of your cross over.  This is the preferred format:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jurges,

You mentioned in your first post that you "just recently got put on a taper plan using Prozac".

Please include the details of this in your signature and provide the dates and doses of your cross over.  It is very important that we have all your drug information so we can make suggestions based on your individual situation.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Duh forgot about that...

I was put on a prozac taper on 10/4/17

I took my last 10 mg  on 10/26

i hope this helps

• Moderator Emeritus

It is difficult for us to offer suggestions if we don't have all of the information.

Please explain how you changed from Paxil to Prozac including dates and doses and both drugs.

Are you off both Paxil and Prozac now?

Greetings im not a mod but I have a similar experience.  15 year paxil user and crashed hard trying to taper.  Was cross tapered to Prozac.  I am slowly tapering Prozac under the guidance of a holistic psychiatrist.  Im gonna say your taper from Prozac is way too fast.  I stabilized for three months before I started tapering Prozac after I bridged.  im down to 25mg Prozac from 40.  Still get symptoms from time to time.   might be a good idea to get back on Prozac and stabilize.  then 10 percent taper. 

MOD NOTE:  Please see following post about reinstating

Edited by ChessieCat
Added Mod Note

14mg prozac liquid 4/20/2018

3/11/2019 6.0mg prozac liquid. 

2/17/2020 3.6mg prozac liquid

• Moderator Emeritus

Snostorm we need more information about exactly how and when Jurges changed for Paxil to Prozac before we can make any suggestions about reinstating either Paxil or Prozac.

More Info needed. So others can try and help. Ali 

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

Hello all,

I was prescribed 20MG of Paxil in 2004 for panic attacks. I'm ready to get off these SSRI's forever! They have helped with my anxiety but other than that it's not doing anything for me. I have tried to get off a few times in the past but the WD symptoms were just too debilitating. 

Fast forward to October 4, 2017. I went to see a phyc and he put me on a taper plan using the Prozac method. It is as follows:

Stop the Paxil in 2 days completely, then 20MG every day for the next 10 days, 10 MG every day for 10 days, 5MG every other day for 8 days then stop. My last dose was on 10/27/17. The past 2 days 11/2/17 and 11/3/17 have been the worse so far. Dizziness, inability to concentrate, irritable and sensitive to everything, etc... (all your de facto symptoms I'm experiencing)

I'm committed to never take Paxil again. I really hope I never have to take a SSRI again... I'm not a depressed person, however, these WD's make me feel like I am.

Best to all and thank you! 

• Moderator Emeritus

I am going to ask some questions.  I am numbering them so you can answer them by writing:   Q1:  Answer

Q1:  Did you take Paxil and Prozac together?

Q2:  Did you stop taking Paxil for 2 days and the start taking Prozac?

We are trying to help you but the information you are providing isn't clear enough to be able to do that.  We aren't able to offer suggestions until we know exactly what drug and dose you were taking when.  Because we will be making suggestions which involve your health and well being it is important that you give the information in a way that we can understand it.

Do you know how to fill in your drug signature? I feel confused with where your at, if you could do your signature it would be much appreciated 😃 then the mods and other members can help better. Ali 

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

Q1 answer: I only took paxil and prozac for 2 days together when I started the taper method.

Q2 answer: no. Please see above 

• Moderator Emeritus

EDITED TO ADD:

Altostrata has responded at the same time as me.  Alto is the site's owner.  Please see her suggestion in the following post.

Even though my thought was to reinstate Paxil (and Alto has suggested reinstating Prozac) my post contains information which is still helpful and relevant so I have not changed what I have posted, just added this additional information. CC

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

I have tried to compiled the information from what you have provided (I have worked the dates backwards from the number of days you say you took your doses) and would like you to check this information and correct where necessary.  Where I have typed Paxil (dose?) + Prozac (dose?) please add the doses of each drug.  Once you have amended the following, please put the information in your signature Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.  Thank you.

2004 to end Sept 2017 - Paxil 20mg

28 Sept - Paxil (dose?) + Prozac (dose?) for 2 days

30 Sept  - Prozac 20mg for 10 days

10 Oct - 10mg for 10 days

20 Oct to 27 Oct 2017 - 5mg alternate days for 8 days

If this information is fairly accurate then your withdrawal symptoms are most likely from Paxil.  However, because you then went on to Prozac it is hard to know if any of your symptoms are start up or side effects or possibly a bad reaction to Prozac.

Now that we have the information we can start to work on providing you with information and suggestions.

I am assuming that you have not experienced a bad reaction to Prozac.

Some members, after getting off their drug cold turkey or too quickly, experience withdrawal symptoms lasting for months and sometimes years.  Some have had to leave work, some have had to move in with relatives and some have become bed bound.

The decision to reinstate is yours.  However, I suggest you read the information provided so that you can make an informed decision.

If you go back to your doctor he might put you back onto Paxil at too high a dose, or might try another drug or a combination of drugs.  SA recommends reinstating the drug (in your case Paxil) at a small dose and increasing it slowly if you don't feel improvement.

Because you have been off Paxil for about 30 days, and your last Paxil dose was 20mg you could try reinstating a small dose of 5mg.  Please do not go back on 20mg because it might be too much.  It is better to start with a small dose and gradually increase (by 1mg) than to start too high.  The sooner you reinstate the more chance there is of it being successful.

It takes about 4 days for a dose to get to full dose in the blood and a few more for it to register in the brain.  You may feel some improvement within the first day or two.  It is better to stay on this dose for about 10-14 days and Keep Notes on Paper and Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress so that you can see improvement which you may not feel.

It is important to take the same dose, at about the same time, on a DAILY BASIS.  Do not skip days.

The idea of reinstatement isn't to get rid of withdrawal symptoms completely but to bring them to a bearable level.  Once you are stable, which may take 3-4 months (you need to listen to your body, not the calendar) you could then do SA's recommended taper of no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold of about 4 weeks to allow your brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.

My own experience was reducing my Pristiq from 100mg to 50mg and I experiencing extreme cog fog for 3 weeks.  At the end of this time I was unable to type.  Because I a professional typist I knew that something was very wrong.  I had joined SA a few days prior to this and they had suggested increasing my Pristiq.  When I couldn't type I too extra Pristiq and after about 4 hours my head was clearing and I was able to type again.  I have since been tapering following SA's recommendations, with only minimal withdrawal symptoms, and am now down to 17mg.  As my dose got lower I started feeling my emotions returning.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms (see Post #1)

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Edited by ChessieCat
Added Edit Note

• Administrator

Jurges, after you dropped the Paxil, how did you feel?

Do you have any Prozac left?

I think snostorm might be correct. If you felt okay while taking Prozac, I were you, I might consider taking 5mg Prozac every day for some months, see if that works. Do not skip doses!

Stabilize, then taper very slowly off the Prozac.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you all so much!  

I didn't feel too much different when I started which I was pleased and surprised with. I did have some pleasant affects with Prozac but certainly felt my body attempt to get accustomed to the Prozac (aches, pains, nausea, etc). It was such a small amount of time I don't think my body ever got is sequence with it.

I do have more Prozac left but feel like I should try to see it through and see how I feel in a couple weeks. If I go back on it I feel like I'm going to end up at square one again. The biggest issue I have is dizziness off and on all day, headaches and fatigue. I hoping this will get better and subside. 

• Administrator

Those are typical withdrawal symptoms.

If they get worse, please consider reinstating perhaps 2mg Prozac. A little bit can help, while 10mg might be too much at this point, with your nervous system fragile from the drug changes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes we experience things which we don't realise could be withdrawal.  Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

I'm going to reinstate Prozac 5mg to help with these WD's. I can't handle the spaciness and dizziness. My Dr said it only comes in 10MG and to take every other day because of the long half live. I hope I feel somewhat back to normal soon. 

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Jurges, please whatever you do, please don't alternate your dose, it is not good for the central nervous system contrary to what some doctors think.  It is important to take a consistent dose (I.e., 5mg) at the same time every day.  I can't stress the importance of doing this enough. The theory of Prozac having a long half-life  doesn't protect you against withdrawal symptoms, especially seeing as your CNS is already experiencing distress.  Alternating doses will further destabilize your already sensitized central nervous system and just make things worse.  

Please consider reviewing the link on reinstatement so you know what to expect over the coming weeks.  It would also be a good idea to keep  track of your daily symptom pattern so you can follow your progress and/or alert you should you run into any trouble.  Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

Should I go to 10MG / day? The capsule i have is powder and very difficult to split up

• Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't recommend starting at 10mg, as Alto mentioned above, it may be too high a dose for your central nervous system to manage.  Please see the links I've attached below to give you an idea of alternate methods for weighing, liquid preparations etc.  

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)

Thanks much! 

Take Prozac morning or night?

• Moderator Emeritus

You should take it at the same time as you normally took it and try and take it at the same time everyday if possible.  Here are a few more links that I think you'll find helpful.  Remember It takes about 4 days for a dose to get to full dose in the blood and a few more for it to register in the brain.  You may feel some improvement within the first day or two.  It is better to stay on this dose for about 10-14 days before making any further changes (unless of course you have a bad reaction).  Please let us know how you are doing.  

What to Expect in Reinstatement (James Heaney article)
Stabilising After a Reduction (or Reinstatement) - What Does That Mean?

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

Tapering Schedule

Well I started back on 10MG of Prozac. Already feel irritated and brain dead. Ugh 

ill have to see this through. 

On 11/7/2017 at 6:15 AM, Altostrata said:

Those are typical withdrawal symptoms.

If they get worse, please consider reinstating perhaps 2mg Prozac. A little bit can help, while 10mg might be too much at this point, with your nervous system fragile from the drug changes.

Jurges. I'm not sure if I understand why you reinstated 10 mg when the advice you were given was that maybe you could try 2mg. A higher dose could be too much for your system, at this time.You are in a highly destabilized state so we usually find that starting with a very small reinstatement is much less likely to cause you harm. This is a harm reduction approach.

How many doses have you taken?  If it's only one, then I would think about making the next, back down to 2 mg as there is less risk involved at this dose.

Please keep notes on your symptoms over the next week and let us know how you are doing.

Ali

Edited by AliG
added information

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 1 year later...

Topic title:  Prozac taper after 6 weeks

Hello all,

I have been in 20mg of Prozac for 6 - 7 weeks. The longest I ever stayed consistent as I had to stop due to the side effects. This is my third time in the past 2 years trying to get used to Prozac after tapering off Paxil for 15 years. It's been a very long journey with the dizziness and brain fog being the biggest complaint. Prozac doesn't seem to agree with me and gives me even more anxiety along with dizziness; not always but it comes and goes. The mornings are the most difficult I feel like. I'm going to try to stop. Should I go slow or go on a very very low dose? 

Other meds: 

Klonopin .25mg / day or as needed 

5mg of Lisinopril 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update your drug signature:

Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• Administrator
On 9/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, Jurges said:

Topic title:  Prozac taper after 6 weeks

Hello all,

I have been in 20mg of Prozac for 6 - 7 weeks. The longest I ever stayed consistent as I had to stop due to the side effects. This is my third time in the past 2 years trying to get used to Prozac after tapering off Paxil for 15 years. It's been a very long journey with the dizziness and brain fog being the biggest complaint. Prozac doesn't seem to agree with me and gives me even more anxiety along with dizziness; not always but it comes and goes. The mornings are the most difficult I feel like. I'm going to try to stop. Should I go slow or go on a very very low dose? 

Other meds: 

Klonopin .25mg / day or as needed 

5mg of Lisinopril 

Overall, are you feeling better since you started taking Prozac? What times of day do you take your drugs, and at what dosages? Do you feel better or worse after taking them?

How often are you taking Klonopin, and why do you take it? Please keep notes on your Klonopin dosing, this could be adding to your symptoms. Att: @Shep

Thanks @Shep 

I take Prozac 10mg in the AM. I never really feel good after I take it. It does help with the depression slightly but I feel terrible right now as soon have slept good in weeks. 

I take the Klonopin .25mg in the evenings. I take this to take the edge off but it’s not really helping anymore. It would be great if the Prozac really did help with my anxiety all day.

I really want to get off everything. I’m in a non stop vicious circle. 

• Moderator Emeritus

From your drug signature:  Adderall 10MG 2017 - present (as needed) 

Q:  Are you still taking Adderall?

If yes, please put all the drug your are currently taking into Drug Interactions Checker and copy and paste the results here in your introduction topic.

Yes 10MG a few times a week. 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Jurges said:

Yes 10MG a few times a week. 

We don't recommend taking drugs irregularly. It also may be affecting your sleep.

Please go ahead and start a daily drug and symptoms journal so we can help you figure this out and find the best way to set up a routine drug schedule where you are taking these drugs every day on a consistent basis. This will give you a solid foundation before you continue on a taper.

This is the format we need. Please also include any supplements you are taking and how many hours you sleep each night.

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

Example:

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

• Administrator
On 9/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, Jurges said:

I feel terrible right now as soon have slept good in weeks. 

Has your sleep deteriorated in the 6-7 weeks you've been taking Prozac?

How does taking Adderall affect your sleep? Do you feel better or worse after you take it? A common side effect of Adderall is sleeplessness.

Please include your sleep schedule and pattern in your daily  notes. We need those notes to determine if any of the drugs you're taking are causing your symptoms.

Thx Altostrata - yes the sleep has certainly gotten worse the past 7 weeks after the prozac. I wake up 3 time a night the wide awake at 5am every morning. Adderall isn't the culprit it's the SSRI... I'll go weeks without taking Adderall and it's the same sleeping issue. Adderall helps with focus and alertness but I do feel that combining this with Prozac isn't sustainable at all.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Interactions between your drugs

Major

FLUoxetine amphetamine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)

Talk to your doctor before using FLUoxetine together with amphetamine. FLUoxetine may increase the effects of amphetamine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Major

FLUoxetine dextroamphetamine

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)

Talk to your doctor before using FLUoxetine together with dextroamphetamine. FLUoxetine may increase the effects of dextroamphetamine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking the medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

• 2 weeks later...

On the 3rd week of no Prozac. Feeling decent not great. Still the dizziness or lightheaded feeling going on. Going to continue to wait this out. I haven't been off a SSRI for more than 6 weeks in the past 15 years. I feel my brain needs continue to reset and do it's thing. This is the most frustrating thing to deal with. 

I take Klonopin .5 / night or late in the day for anxiety and sleep.