manymoretodays

Colloidal silver for infections

manymoretodays

I did a search and didn't find any topic here devoted to the usage of Colloidal Silver for treatment of infections and the the usage of during protracted withdrawal.

I am just starting it for the second time for a mild nasal congestion, sore throat, and cough.  I used it once before for another infection with success.  Just a small amount under my tongue twice a day for 5 days is my plan again. 

I'm a little concerned as mine is the Ionic form...........there exists a pure form as well.  When I google Colloidal Silver so much comes up and so much is just plain marketing that I find it hard to sort it all out.  And I did find one article that was anti- the Ionic form.   And I have seen that some others use it to avoid the indiscriminate or over usage  of antibiotics. 

Soooo........any comments are welcome from anyone else who uses it and is also in some stage of psycho medication/drug withdrawal or who has done some research on the subject.  Thank you in advance.

mmt

ps.......mods, can I leave this topic here for a bit rather than it being moved to my introduction/journal?  It might be more visible that way is my rationale and maybe get some replies.

Gridley

I have used colloidal silver with success when I have an infection and have had no bad effect WD-wise.  I am still tapering and not in protracted WD.   I take it much as you do, a teaspoon under the tongue held for twenty seconds, then swallowed, twice a day.  Once I stopped too soon (around five days) so had to take it for a bit longer.  I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ionic question.

Frogie
15 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I have used colloidal silver with success when I have an infection and have had no bad effect WD-wise.  I am still tapering and not in protracted WD.   I take it much as you do, a teaspoon under the tongue held for twenty seconds, then swallowed, twice a day.  Once I stopped too soon (around five days) so had to take it for a bit longer.  I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ionic question.

Thanks Gridley:

I'm going to try that next time. Not going through 4 antibiotics again.

Thanks for the info!

Take care,

Frogie xx

manymoretodays

Okay thanks Gridley.  I'll try to go 7 days.  Just having congestion, postnasal drip, and a cough.  Maybe mild temperature irregularity.  So yours is not the Ionic form?  As I did read something about the Ionic causing a ? blue syndrome.

I'm in weird land today, even with protracted withdrawal, as I stupidly tried the full dose of some B energy vitamins this am.........nothing else but high dose B's.   Never again.  Way overstimulated with racing thoughts.......harder than usual to focus.  It does seem to be winding down a bit finally after an Epsom salt bath  and just pushing through the best I could.  I"ll try and post again if this cold clears nicely in 2 weeks or less.  Or if I find anything to share about the difference between the Ionic form vs. non Ionic.

Thanks again.

mmt

manymoretodays

So far so good.  The nasal stuff is better as is post nasal drip. 

I've got to wonder though and "should" do more research on this stuff.  As many are talking about heavy metal detoxes.  I mean common sense would tell me that Colloidal Silver is a heavy metal.  I'll continue on through a full week of twice a day dosing though.  And maybe try brewing up a pot of tea with just a bit of "bear root" in it, as the "bear root" is supposed to help with immune function.......or so I'm told.

Maybe it's all placebo effect.  That's okay too.

Gridley

The brand I have is Sovereign Silver and the label says nothing about ionic.  

Googling "Is colloidal silver a heavy metal?" I found this:

"Silver is a transition metal, not a heavy metal, and according to the EPA totally non-toxic to mammals. It is extremely toxic to molds, fungus, bacteria, protozoa and viruses."

Speaking just for myself, I'm comfortable using it.  

manymoretodays

Awesome.  Thank you Gridley.