apace41

Big Brother

Shep

Thanks for posting this, Andy. I've been following this story, but was very shocked to see your post. 

Here is some historical reference, as this was something that was NOT supposed to happen:

“FDA Rejects Creepy Abilify Surveillance Pill”

Obviously, the FDA didn't stick with their initial decision. Or they were paid off due to patent issues. Isn't that how the system works? 

Here is more from the New York Times in their recent write up:

First Digital Pill Approved to Worries About Biomedical ‘Big Brother’

From the article:

Dr. Jeffrey Lieberman, chairman of psychiatry at Columbia University and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, said many psychiatrists would likely want to try digital Abilify, especially for patients who just experienced their first psychotic episode and are at risk of stopping medication after feeling better.

Really? But isn't stopping them in the best interest of the patient? These drugs are linked to a reduced life span by up to 25 years. So I'm looking for the REAL reason. 

Oh, wait. The article explains:

Abilify, a widely used drug, went off patent recently, and while other companies can sell the generic form, aripiprazole, Otsuka, has exclusive rights to embed it with Proteus’s sensor, said Robert McQuade, Otsuka’s executive vice president and chief strategic officer.

For full disclosure, Jeffrey Lieberman is a paid shill for big pharma:

Robert Whitaker Refutes Jeffrey Lieberman; But Is Psychiatry Reformable?

Just my take on it, but the reason Abilify was the first drug to be used for this device is because of the patent issue but also, psychiatrists have the worst history of morality of all of medicine. 

Follow this closely because the former head of NIMH, Dr. Thomas Insel, is now watching you closely:

The Atlantic - The Smartphone Psychiatrist

Edited by Shep
replaced link

apace41
19 minutes ago, Shep said:

Just my take on it, but the reason Abilify was the first drug to be used for this device is because of the patent issue but also, psychiatrists have the worst history of morality of all of medicine. 

Yes.  And perhaps this:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sacramento-street-psychiatry/201503/americas-top-selling-drug

We are all just guinea pigs to them.

Best,

Andy

Shep
1 hour ago, apace41 said:

We are all just guinea pigs to them.

Yes, sadly, true. 

Abilify is one of the antipsychotics listed in this article:

The Best-Selling, Billion-Dollar Pills Tested on Homeless People - How the destitute and the mentally ill are being used as human lab rats

With a medical system this corrupt, it's chilling to think where we'll be in 10 or 20 years. 

It's very good to be out of the system, just in time, because these drugs destroy your ability to consent to anything. 

Stormstrong
On 11/14/2017 at 1:57 PM, Shep said:

With a medical system this corrupt, it's chilling to think where we'll be in 10 or 20 years. 

i personally believe/have a feeling that in 20 years, our habitat will no longer be able to support us. in other words, that we are living in the last decade(s) of our species. As devastating as it is, I find comfort in that.

Shep

Yes, Stormstrong, that's something that is definitely in the climate change research and it's alarming to read about.

The good news is the same systemic changes that will save us from climate change will also save us from drugging ourselves into oblivion. We need to embrace our planet and take care of Mother Earth and take care of each other. It's the only chance we have.