Lojo016: 4 months off meds

Lojo016

On 11/23/2017 at 2:47 AM, Lojo016 said:

Anyone can add me on Skype or send me a pm    Would be more than happy to chat 

Hey Lojo, I am curious how you are doing now since you were able to get off two meds so quickly? thanks

February 3rd 2021 1.5 mg Clonazepam

13.4 mg Nortriptylene

doing a water taper on the Nortriptylene but have been holding due to adverse nervous system activation

supplements 200mg Magnesium carbonate, good quality fish oil, vitamin E 400IU, B6 B12 Folate one every 2-3 days. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lojo016

• manymoretodays

• grandmaD

• JanCarol

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back on seroquel and lexapro three months ago. Switched lexapro to Prozac after one month, then switched Prozac to Luvox and seroquel to risperdal one week ago and that is what I am currently on. None of these meds helped me the way they used to. I almost feel like going off meds all over again. Only been on these meds for one week but been back on meds in general since the beginning of December which will make it almost 3 months I have been taking meds again. Don’t know how to get off them now or what would happen. 

Was on Seroquel 400mg and Lexapro 10mg from August 2014 - July 2017 for 3 years. Weaned off both of them in April 2017, by July 2017  I was completely off them.

Reinstated Lexapro 5mg to 10mg Dec 2017 - Jan 2018

Reinstated seroquel  up to 400mg Dec 2017- Feb 2018

Prozac up to 40mg Jan 2018 - Feb 2018

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

Seroquel 200mg - present. Going down to 100mg April 23, 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Lojo!  Awesome.  Welcome back.........all aboard the survivingantidepressants (and other psychoactive yucky stuff) ship.

First things first again here......

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Lojo and welcome to SA,

Thank you for creating a drug signature.  It will be helpful if you would include the tapering dates and doses so we can see them at a glance and not have to read through your post to find the information.  This is the preferred format for a signature:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We encourage members to visit the topics of other members.  This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you update your signature first off.  That will help us a lot.  It's the portion below each of our posts.  I'm hoping you have a desktop or laptop computer to access.......as you can't see them on smart phones or iphones I believe.  I can try and redirect if there is any problem with the links above.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

manymoretodays

For now.........just hold tight with the medications that you have been on for one week.  Get the doses in your signature especially.  You have 12 lines to work with.  Do read the Brain Remodeling link.  Glenmullen's WD Symptoms list may prove helpful for you to put into words what kind of symptoms you are currently experiencing. 

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

I went back on seroquel and lexapro three months ago. Switched lexapro to Prozac after one month, then switched Prozac to Luvox and seroquel to risperdal one week ago and that is what I am currently on. None of these meds helped me the way they used to. I almost feel like going off meds all over again.  Please don't go off your medications CT.  That's never a good idea.   Only been on these meds for one week but been back on meds in general since the beginning of December which will make it almost 3 months I have been taking meds again. Don’t know how to get off them now or what would happen.   I think we can help with that.  Patience.

I put a few notes in your quote above.   Please read through some of the links above as well.  How are you taking the Risperdal and Luvox right now.  Dosages and times.  

The brain remodeling link should help, as far as your understanding of why it is not a good idea right now to just stop medication cold turkey(CT).  Believe me.......I have been there, done that and it was a disaster for me.  I just don't ever want to see any one else go through that.  Also look at the link on the non drug techniques to deal with emotional symptoms.

Try and update your signature as soon as you can.

"None of these meds helped me the way they used to."

It sounds like you have been through quite the wringer with medications in just 3 months.   And oftentimes medications just don't work how they used to after a short period.  This is not uncommon at all.    Do you have some understanding of why that happens yet?

And the below is a very helpful link as well, in general:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1008-before-you-begin-tapering-what-you-need-to-know/

Glad you are back Lojo.  Hold tight and be patient with yourself now.........

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Currently on 1.5mg of risperdal and 50mg of luvox. 

Was on Seroquel 400mg and Lexapro 10mg from August 2014 - July 2017 for 3 years. Weaned off both of them in April 2017, by July 2017  I was completely off them.

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Lojo,

I'm just going to post a couple links here for your reference.  

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/6036-why-taper-paper-demonstrates-importance-of-gradual-c

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2207-taking-multiple-psych-drugs-which-drug-to-taper-first/

Do look at the "Brain Remodeling" link above as well.  The key here and now I think........is waiting a bit.........for your brain/nervous system/body in general to stabilize.......prior to any further medication/drug changes.  You have been through a lot of changes recently.  The best I can advise right now is to HOLD.

I encourage you to go on back to page one here on your journal as well........as I am seeing lot's of good stuff already mentioned as far as coping with symptoms that may be of help.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth, and a couple of (((((Lojo))))) hugs!

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Lojo - 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, Lojo016 said:

None of these meds helped me the way they used to. I almost feel like going off meds all over again. Only been on these meds for one week but been back on meds in general since the beginning of December which will make it almost 3 months I have been taking meds again. Don’t know how to get off them now or what would happen. 

Hey Lojo - thanks so much for the signature, that helps a lot!  You've had a bunch of switches since December - this is not a good time to change anything.  I'm sorry you are going through this.

How are you feeling ?  I know you say that they don't help - but here's the thing:  you've had so many changes in the past 3 months that you don't know what is withdrawal, and what is "start up" and it's all a confounded mess.  If it were me, even if I were unhappy, I would hold for at least 1-3 months.  I'd prefer 3 months, to give all of these changes time to settle.  Then we can look at tapering - S-L-O-W-L-Y  the Luvox.

Your last taper was too fast (came off 2 drugs in 4 months) and here's what I wrote to another person who tapered too fast:

Think of the Risperdal and Luvox (or any drug for that matter) as a wolf or a bear.

When you are in the wild and you encounter one of these things, the FIRST thing you must do is: KEEP CALM.  (yeah, I know, the meme and all, but it's true)  The next thing you do is DON'T MOVE!

If it is a total standoff and you want to get away, you CANNOT run.  It's you and the bear.  If you run, the bear and wolf have a hard-wired instinct to chase, and you will lose.

The goal in a standoff with a bear is to sneak.

That's what a taper is.  Sneaking away from the wolf.  You've seen a cat stalk - it waits until the prey is not looking, then moves a bit (maybe 10%?)  then it waits.  And waits.  And waits.  Holding will save your life, when you are in a standoff with a bear.  And Risperdal and olanzapine are a bear and a wolf respectively!

Before, you dropped your berries and ran away, and the bear caught up to you.  Didn't work. 

The goal is to sneak the drug out of your system sooooooo slowly that your brain hardly notices it's gone.  And doesn't chuck a wobbly like before.

Please consider holding until you are more stable, and then we can look at a more gentle, 10% taper off the Luvox.

Please look at Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms to help you bear with the hardship of surviving these changes, and learning to be curious about your symptoms.  If you can be curious, then your symptoms are not as scary.  Most symptoms are signs that you are healing.  It might help you to look at Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's Most Common symptoms of Withdrawal.  Maybe print out a few sheets of this, and fill them in to see how you are going.

We really need better communication from you - just telling us your drugs doesn't give us a symptom pattern, and doesn't help you with surviving those symptoms.  If you want to come off your drugs (and I sense that you do) - there's a lot of learning to be done, and a lot of patience and fortitude is required.  Last time was too fast.  Please consider the slow SA protocol this time.  And that will start with a long hold to settle down from all of your changes from January to present.

Please consider holding until you are more stable, and then we can look at a more gentle, 10% taper off the Luvox.

I hope you see the sun today!

Edited by manymoretodays
Substituted Risperdal for Saphris.......JC's quote

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is an example that is helpful for the mods:  Keep Notes on Paper

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lojo,

I came across this as well, comparison doses of various AD's and it looks like you are on a fairly low dose of th Luvox/fluvoxamine.   

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/11108-hayasaka-2015-dose-equivalents-of-antidepressants

When you can do it......... complete a couple of days of notes on paper.  And then share here on your introduction/journal page.  The link for that is above in Ccats post.  This will help us a ton in figuring out if it is W/D or startup symptoms or what and we can make further suggestions from there.

Meantime as you work on that......update us if you can and try to HOLD for now.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, let us know - and the Mods know how you are going?  Are you still on the same dosages?  Are you trying to stabilise?

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/5/2018 at 9:09 AM, ChessieCat said:

Hi Lojo,

See if you can do a day or a couple of days, on paper and then share with us here on your introduction.

L,P, H/IR, and G,

mmt

What do you mean by “startup”? I have been on Luvox for five weeks now, going all the way to 200 mg which was disastrous. Now I am on 50mg. Been on seroquel for almost four months now going all the way up to 600mg. Side effects were brutal, never did anything for my symptoms at all at any dose. Currently at 200mg. I am thinking of going of both meds for good now. Ever since starting them I felt more depressed, flat, dead, numb, and suicidal ideations increased ten fold.  

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lojo, 

We really do need a bit more clarity to be able to help.  Work on your signature just a bit more.  You get 12 lines.  Try and.......at the minimum.......get start and stop dates as well doses of medications on and off in the last 4 months.

Meantime......I am guessing that you are off the Risperdal now?  And on Seroquel at 200 mg. and Luvox 50mg.?  Or are you on all 3?

Also really helpful now while you are HOLDING on any further medication changes will be for you to do even just a day or so of the "Keep Notes on Paper".   The link is 2 posts up.   Just do your best.  We need to know things like the time of day you take your medication(s), and then what dose you take, and then what symptoms happen when.  Short and sweet.......try and use the format given in the link.   I mean this should even help you as well........ with some consistency daily.  Do it on paper first and then post it here.

At the top of this page, 3 posts down are more links I left you awhile back.  If you need help being concise with symptoms..... refer to Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD symptom checklist......if you can........ print that list off it may prove helpful in tracking your progress as well.

We really need to be sure that you do have the ability to self manage, even just a little bit helps. 

22 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

What do you mean by “startup”? I have been on Luvox for five weeks now, going all the way to 200 mg which was disastrous. Now I am on 50mg. Been on seroquel for almost four months now going all the way up to 600mg. Side effects were brutal, never did anything for my symptoms at all at any dose. Currently at 200mg. I am thinking of going of both meds for good now. Ever since starting them I felt more depressed, flat, dead, numb, and suicidal ideations increased ten fold.  

I think 5 weeks with alternating doses up and down does still qualify as "startup".  Of course you still have W/D as well from Lexapro and Prozac. 

You need to HOLD steady.  And work on the basics of communicating what we need to know, to help you.

Just go easy Lojo.......easy does it........

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

• Administrator
On 2/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lojo016 said:

I went back on seroquel and lexapro three months ago. Switched lexapro to Prozac after one month, then switched Prozac to Luvox and seroquel to risperdal one week ago and that is what I am currently on.

Hi, Lojo. Why did you switch to Prozac from Lexapro and then Prozac to Luvox? Did you feel better on any of these drugs?

In February, why did you change from Seroquel to Risperdal? Did that feel better?

These drugs deaden feeling, that is how they "work." Please be patient, we need to untangle withdrawal and drug reactions.

When you say none of them work like they used to, what do you mean?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 3/28/2018 at 1:17 AM, Altostrata said:

Hi, Lojo. Why did you switch to Prozac from Lexapro and then Prozac to Luvox? Did you feel better on any of these drugs?

In February, why did you change from Seroquel to Risperdal? Did that feel better?

These drugs deaden feeling, that is how they "work." Please be patient, we need to untangle withdrawal and drug reactions.

When you say none of them work like they used to, what do you mean?

I did not feel better on any of these drugs. And I was inpatient for a week last month which is why they switched me to luvox and risperdal, but the risperdal did not last. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

I have been on seroquel for 4 months and luvox for 6 weeks. I have been on my current dose of seroquel 200mg and luvox 50mg for one week. I am thinking of weaning/tapering off both these meds. Need help, thank you. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

• Administrator
On 3/31/2018 at 8:16 PM, Lojo016 said:

I have been on my current dose of seroquel 200mg and luvox 50mg for one week.

Did you change the Seroquel dosage? Did you increase it or decrease it? Why did you make the change? How do you feel since the change?

What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages? Do you feel better or worse at any particular times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I reinstated fluoxetine Prozac in 2012 after I was off  It for 10 months ,I was happy during all the 10 months ,but unfortunately withdrawals hit me too late & I reinstated but things were so bad ,much worse than the original Depression ,anxiety was through the roof & ended up by serotonin syndrome then kindling ,now I try to come off of lexapro (escitalopram) I switched to it in 2016 & it didn't work like Prozac when I reinstated it.I think that after 4 months off & when reinstated it can be adverse reactions or kindling .

Mars 1997- juillet 1997 Anfranil 25 mg, Tranxène 5 mg, Librium 10 mg, sulpiride 50 mg (juillet 1997)

Oct 1997-nov 1998 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (rétabli ces deux médicaments seulement)

Nov 1998-mar 2000 Drugs off ( tapered with my psychiatrist help)

Avril 2000-juin 2001 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (réinstatement these only drugs after 18 months off)

jul 2001-sep 2010 Prozac 20mg, Tranxène 5mg (passé de l'anafranil 25 à Prozac 20mg depuis juillet 2001)

jun 2007- jan 2010 Tapered Tranxène 5mg ( quick tapered  it while steel on Prozac 20 mg(les choses se passaient bien, pas de retraits)

sep 2010-mai 2011 Prozac 20mg conique (les choses se passaient bien sans retrait)

mai2011-mar 2012 Dugs gratuits (les choses étaient bien, pas de retraits)

mars 2012 rétabli Prozac 20mg (too late reinstatement = adverse reactions ) 

mar 2012 -apr 2016 prozac 20 mg on / off plusieurs jours cold turkeyed ( going on it back & forth )  et réintégration (effets indésirables et embrasement, neurotoxicity ) 

avril 2016-2018 lexapro 10mg on / off depuis sep 2017 lexapro tapering (effets indésirables et embrasement)

• Moderator Emeritus

Please answer the questions which Alto asked.  If we don't have this information it is very difficult for us to make suggestions.  Thank you.

Q1:  Did you change the Seroquel dosage?

Q2:  Did you increase it or decrease it?

Q3:  Why did you make the change?

Q4:  How do you feel since the change?

Q5:  What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

Q6:  Do you feel better or worse at any particular times of day?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, ChessieCat said:

Please answer the questions which Alto asked.  If we don't have this information it is very difficult for us to make suggestions.  Thank you.

Q1:  Did you change the Seroquel dosage?

Q2:  Did you increase it or decrease it?

Q3:  Why did you make the change?

Q4:  How do you feel since the change?

Q5:  What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

Q6:  Do you feel better or worse at any particular times of day?

I been on 200mg of seroquel for 3 weeks, it was a decrease since I was having side effects on higher doses, my dr also told me to just stop the luvox a few weeks ago, which I did, stopping the luvox and going down on seroquel helped with side effects. I take the seroquel at night. I always feel worse during the day. Recently he tried effexro for a very short time and it made me feel worse as well, so I stopped it five days ago as directed by my dr. I am only on 200mg of seroquel now and that is all i take, i been on 200mg for 3 weeks and I plan on decreasing either this week or next week after i talk with my dr. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

This week my head has been hurting a lot and I been feeling disoriented, dizzy, and very unstable. I had a few self destructive days this past week, where I ended up self harming (cutting myself) a few times, after not doing it for almost a year. And I still have constant suicidal ideations, to which everyone including my dr tells me to admit myself. I do not want to go into the hospital because they will either change my meds or may increase them, and I could do that with my dr if I wanted to, but I am trying to come off the medication. I sort of feel like I am not safe but I know I won't attempt suicide because I will not do that to my mother. But I did self harm and feel like I have no control over my moods and therefore don't feel safe, whether I am by myself or around people, but I especially feel worse when I go out and am around people, it triggers all of the symptoms. For someone who is this unstable and disturbed I really don't know what to do, besides keep seeing the dr every week and my new therapist, and take it day by day until I can get off the meds, and even then I do not know how I will be or how long it will take for me to be stable and fine. But I don't want to give anymore meds a try, as that is what I have been doing since December, like five different meds. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

Hang in there, Lojo, a mod should be along soon. Please keep the faith; many members have been in as bad a shape as you if not worse--it will PASS, it always does; we just don't know when. 

Keep the faith.

Drugfree Prof

Psychologist and Psychotherapist

Prozac 20 mg for approx 3 months during 2000, withdrew, no w/d sx

Prozac 10 - 30 mg Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2014

Ritalin 30-40 mg Jan. 2008 - Mar. 2015

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting the decrease of the seroquel tonight, from 200mg to 100mg. Seroquel is the only thing I am taking now. I have been on it since December and on a solid 200mg for 4 weeks now. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Lojo016 said:

I am starting the decrease of the seroquel tonight, from 200mg to 100mg. Seroquel is the only thing I am taking now. I have been on it since December and on a solid 200mg for 4 weeks now. 

Hi Lojo, 

I’ve been tapering off Seroquel for many years. Please don’t go down from 200mg to 100mg. It’s way to quick. 

The best thing to do is go down by ten percent or so every time. 

Check out the posts on tapering.

All the best 

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

I am starting the decrease of the seroquel tonight, from 200mg to 100mg.

Why have you decided to decrease the Seroquel? 

Halving your dose is risky - I recommend trying a smaller drop.  For example, you could go to 175mg (easy if you have 25mg pills, or by cutting a 100mg pill into quarters).  This would be a 12.5% drop, slightly more than recommended here, but better than a 50% drop.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus
42 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Why have you decided to decrease the Seroquel? 

Halving your dose is risky - I recommend trying a smaller drop.  For example, you could go to 175mg (easy if you have 25mg pills, or by cutting a 100mg pill into quarters).  This would be a 12.5% drop, slightly more than recommended here, but better than a 50% drop.

Good advise Songbird,

That’s what I did when I was tapering down from 200mg of Seroquel.

I knew nothing about water titration at the time or tapering, I just kept experimenting and the only thing I knew how to do was to cut the tablets to the smallest amounts possible.

At the the moment I can only taper by about 4% or 5%.

Please go slow Lojo

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lojo,

I hear your suffering.  And thank you to the members above for some good advice to Slow down.

And I do see some attempts to answer the questions that Alto posed to you.  I'm going to put the questions in the quote box with your answers.  And then ask again or elaborate in green.

On 4/15/2018 at 6:53 PM, Lojo016 said:

On 4/2/2018 you were asked:

Question 1- Did you change the Seroquel dosage?

I been on 200mg of seroquel for 3 weeks,

Question 2- Was it an increase or decrease?

it was a decrease since I was having side effects on higher doses,

Question 3- Why did you make the change?

I can only assume you made the change due to above mentioned side effects on higher doses.  What were the side effects from the higher doses?  And is there any difference from the side effects and internal distress that you are feeling now, today, April 24th?

Question 4- How do you feel since you made the change?

my dr also told me to just stop the luvox a few weeks ago, which I did, stopping the luvox and going down on seroquel helped with side effects.

Again, when you say side effects........what are these........describe.

Question 5-  What times of day do you take your drugs and their dosages?  Question 6- Do you feel worse at any particular time of day?

I take the seroquel at night. I always feel worse during the day.

Recently he tried effexro for a very short time and it made me feel worse as well, so I stopped it five days ago as directed by my dr. I am only on 200mg of seroquel now and that is all i take, i been on 200mg for 3 weeks and I plan on decreasing either this week or next week after i talk with my dr. 

So your doctor directed this recent 50% reduction to 100mg. of Seroquel?

And your next post on the same day.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:03 PM, Lojo016 said:

This week my head has been hurting a lot and I been feeling disoriented, dizzy, and very unstable. I had a few self destructive days this past week, where I ended up self harming (cutting myself) a few times, after not doing it for almost a year. And I still have constant suicidal ideations, to which everyone including my dr tells me to admit myself. I do not want to go into the hospital because they will either change my meds or may increase them, and I could do that with my dr if I wanted to, but I am trying to come off the medication. I sort of feel like I am not safe but I know I won't attempt suicide because I will not do that to my mother. But I did self harm and feel like I have no control over my moods and therefore don't feel safe, whether I am by myself or around people, but I especially feel worse when I go out and am around people, it triggers all of the symptoms. For someone who is this unstable and disturbed I really don't know what to do, besides keep seeing the dr every week and my new therapist, and take it day by day until I can get off the meds, and even then I do not know how I will be or how long it will take for me to be stable and fine. But I don't want to give anymore meds a try, as that is what I have been doing since December, like five different meds

I'm sorry that you made the choice to use some harmful coping skills.  Is your therapist helping you to learn some distress management skills?  I've heard that ice cubes may be helpful to grab hold of when the urge to self harm comes.  Also a face dunk into some ice cold water in some kind of basin might help.  Putting a rubber band around your wrist and snapping it might help deter you from cutting as well.  If I were you I would certainly ask your therapist if he or she could help you with DBT(dialectical behavior therapy), which is a bit different from CBT(cognitive behavior therapy) and may help.  http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17057-dialectical-behavior-therapy-and-radical-acceptance/

Oh and try not to define yourself to yourself as someone who is unstable and disturbed........change the channel.  You are probably having both W/D as well as some medication effects on top of that.  That person that you were back in August 2014(when you started this merry go round) is still in there Lojo.  This I know.  Stability will come.  Time and patience is essential. 

From what I can glean is that you get these very brief periods of "feeling better" in a general sense right after a C/T or large reduction and then boom...........   And that makes sense.  Try to to read some of the links back on page 1 if you can.  Just so you know.......it's not so much you as what is happening now in your nervous system.  You might not be able to explain this to your Mom or your Dr. or your therapist but try to just understand it yourself.  And it's not permanent.......all this.........

And okay.......I get it Lojo.  You don't want to be on medications.  You want to be off medication.  You are 2 or 3 weeks off of yet another abrupt C/T of an A/D yet think your brain/body/spirit is ready for another major whoozy?  My best guess is that at least some of your symptoms above, in the second quote box are due to W/D from the Luvox.......after a start stop of Effexor..........after a C/T of Lexapro/excitalopram.  My best guess is that you really need to be gentle now with any further changes.

What were the side effects that you attributed to Seroquel?

And at any time did you get any improvement from any antidepressant?  (I ask this as I think I did see where Alto may have asked this question quite awhile back).

Here is our link to tapering Seroquel FYI:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1707-tips-for-tapering-off-seroquel-quetiapine/

What type of Seroquel are you on?  And can you possibly get a smaller dosage form and not decrease by so much right now?

I can only encourage you to use some caution now and give yourself time to stabilize without such drastic medication changes.  Also try, try, try and keep trying to use the format suggested above several times with your postings.  This is essential now.  You can include meals, activities, sleep and most especially your medication(s) time taken.  A couple typical days.  Brief.  To the point.  Then some of our more logical minded mods and administrator may be able to give additional advice/suggestions.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:36 AM, manymoretodays said:

A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms.

What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

An appointments diary is perfect for this and can be bought at stationery stores. 

They have a page for each day with times for appointments which can be filled in with doses, symptoms etc as shown by Alto.

And hey Lojo.  Update your signature too. 

Hugs.  Love, peace, healing/in recovery, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lojo,

I spy a signature update and I'll copy your signature below:

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

You might consider also noting the approximate discontinue dates of Risperdal and Luvox as well......in your signature.  If I was looking at that without having read back a bit in your introduction, I would assume you were still on the Risperdal and Luvox.

Group consensus(mod and administration) would be to not add on any A/D right now.  My personal thoughts are that you are not too late 2-3 days out now....... since your 50% Seroquel cut........to consider going up a bit if you are no longer able to sleep.  That may or may not happen.

Here's the link again for tips on tapering Seroquel:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1707-tips-for-tapering-off-seroquel-quetiapine/

You can look up Seroquel side effects at https://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=Seroquel+side+effects   ( I'm hoping the ads don't come through.....you can just go to drugs.com yourself as well)

And just a note from my own experience with taking Seroquel.......all of my side effects from it went away..........over time.........certainly not overnight, but overtime........

And try and answer some of my other questions as you can........such as what you attribute to Seroquel side effects?  Also what is a day like.........in the keep notes on paper format, in the post above,  even if it's more of a log of eating, sleeping, when intrusive thoughts occur, and of course when you take your medication now.  This would be MOST helpful for us.  What might be W/D symptoms?  Or consider even just general CNS presently in dis-array symptoms.  Here is the link to the W/D symptom checklist that we use as well:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

If you can.......print it off and use it.  It really helps, this checklist, to illustrate how many symptoms are seen in W/D that.......if brought to a Dr.'s attention,  would almost always be seen as inherent mental illness.  Also it might help you to note progress.......any progress at all can be encouraging.

Best wishes for working with your therapist and possibly whatever therapeutic type outings you can get now.  Be gracious to your Mom as much as you can as well.  B):rolleyes:  Hugs again Lojo and keep us in the loop okay?

mmt 

Edited by manymoretodays
some grammar, punctuation, formatting

The dr yelled at me saying that if I try and decrease the medication to go off it he will not treat me anymore, and unless I am going to switch seroquel to another anti psychotic, he will not tell me how to safely come off of seroquel and will not see me anymore. He says tapering/weaning off the medication is going against his recommendation and he will have no part in it.

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on what I could do, it would be greatly appreciated. Ever since going down to 100mg the symptoms are still there, depression, racing thoughts, obsessive thoughts, intrusive thoughts, I did get a light headache. Not much of a difference being on 100 the past week down from 200mg. I did feel more sharp, and thinking more clearly those first few days on 100. But then the symptoms returned just like I was dealing wit them on 200mg. But my dr wants no part in it or tell me how to do it. 

Risperdal Feb 2018 1.5mg

Luvox Feb 2018 50mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

The dr yelled at me saying that if I try and decrease the medication to go off it he will not treat me anymore, and unless I am going to switch seroquel to another anti psychotic, he will not tell me how to safely come off of seroquel and will not see me anymore. He says tapering/weaning off the medication is going against his recommendation and he will have no part in it.

Hi Lojo, 

You really need to find another doctor. That really isn’t appropriate him yelling at you. 

My doctor lets me do my own taper schedule and just gives me whatever prescriptions I want. 

Take care

• Moderator Emeritus

Lojo, Lojo........Lojo.....

5 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on what I could do, it would be greatly appreciated. Ever since going down to 100mg the symptoms are still there, depression, racing thoughts, obsessive thoughts, intrusive thoughts, I did get a light headache. Not much of a difference being on 100 the past week down from 200mg.

We have been trying to give you advice and suggestions since last November.  Can you review please?

10 hours ago, Lojo016 said:

How did you present today at the psychiatrists office?  Some members just pretend that they are on what the Dr. prescribes to avoid any ego clashes.  Others find a Dr. who "might" be easier to work with.  Others just say they would like to maintain on the lowest possible dosage of their medication.  I haven't met anyone here whose Dr./prescriber calls all the shots for them.  I'm only guessing but his plan to "tell you how to safely come off of Seroquel" likely involves a switch to another atypical antipsychotic.  Is that what you want?

Here's some good collections to look at:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/4463-how-do-you-talk-to-a-doctor-about-tapering-and-withdrawal/

When you open that one ^ ........at the top is a link to another one called "What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?"

Study both of those links.  The quiz will be friday.  🤓

I don't know for sure but I am thinking that your present situation may not allow you to change psychiatrists?  If you can......you might do so.  If not.......you might consider staying with this one........and staying put with the Seroquel for now.  I mean.....in my thinking it may be a better choice than some of the other antipsychotics or "mood stabilizers" that you might get put on now.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, manymoretodays said:

And try and answer some of my other questions as you can........such as what you attribute to Seroquel side effects?  Also what is a day like.........in the keep notes on paper format, in the post above,  even if it's more of a log of eating, sleeping, when intrusive thoughts occur, and of course when you take your medication now.  This would be MOST helpful for us.  What might be W/D symptoms?  Or consider even just general CNS presently in dis-array symptoms.  Here is the link to the W/D symptom checklist that we use as well:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

If you can.......print it off and use it.  It really helps, this checklist, to illustrate how many symptoms are seen in W/D that.......if brought to a Dr.'s attention,  would almost always be seen as inherent mental illness.  Also it might help you to note progress.......any progress at all can be encouraging.

How is it going with your therapist and healthier coping skills?

And what's your plan now?  Could you possibly just hold at 100mg. of Seroquel for several months?    And stay safe and out of the hospital.  You have made some progress.  Try and interact with some of the others here tapering Seroquel, and those who have come off A/D's.  Your poor CNS has been assaulted and traumatized........and it can heal.......patience Lojo, patience.  I know it's hard.  Believe me, I know.

Sounds like a uck appointment.  Glad you posted.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration

On 2/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Lojo016 said:

I went back on seroquel and lexapro three months ago.

Switched lexapro to Prozac after one month, then switched Prozac to Luvox and seroquel to risperdal one week ago and that is what I am currently on.

None of these meds helped me the way they used to.

I almost feel like going off meds all over again.

Only been on these meds for one week but been back on meds in general since the beginning of December which will make it almost 3 months I have been taking meds again. Don’t know how to get off them now or what would happen. 

From your signature it appears you did a very fast taper.  The fast taper doctors suggest NEVER WORKED FOR ME and I ended up in a big mess.  At the very best, the suggestion on this site of doing a 10% taper is the wisest thing to do if you want to get off and do it with less trauma.

Can I ask how old you are?

Have you read other stories of other people to see how often these fast tapers fail and screw people up?

When you went back on seroquel and lexapro, you needed to give yourself AS LONG AS IT TAKES to stabilise.

But instead you switched to Prozac.  Unfortunately these drugs are not all the same and you cannot simply "switch" one with another one without screwing up your brain.

Then you switched back again, causing more trauma to your brain. 

None of the meds are working like they used to because of the changes you have made

The best thing is to stabilise, and from this post it looks like its been 3 months, but I have forgotten where you are up to.

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

On 4/1/2018 at 1:14 PM, Lojo016 said:

I did not feel better on any of these drugs. And I was inpatient for a week last month which is why they switched me to luvox and risperdal, but the risperdal did not last. 

I really wonder if you need to make a choice to either go with what the doctors say or go with the advice from this site?

I don't think you can do both?  This site is to help people come very slowly off drugs whereas doctors will either UP THE DOSE or SWITCH YOU TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, both of these have disastrous results.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, Lojo016 said:

I have been on seroquel for 4 months and luvox for 6 weeks. I have been on my current dose of seroquel 200mg and luvox 50mg for one week. I am thinking of weaning/tapering off both these meds. Need help, thank you. 

Does this mean you are not on lexapro or prozac any more?

One week is definitely not long enough to stabilise!  I am concerned you are making things worse for yourself by not holding (not making any dose changes) as the mods advised.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, Lojo016 said:

So you are only on seroquel now?  ARe you going to hold at that dose until you stabilise???