Sign in to follow this  
PH1

PH1: Stopping Olanzapine (Zyprexa) after one week

PH1

I was prescribed Zyprexa 2.5 mg for insomnia by my pdoc and I have been taking it for one week.    Since it's only been for such a short time can I just stop taking it? 

I've been taking Remeron (mirtazapine) 15 mg for two months but it isn't helping that much with sleep.   I started on Lexapro 10 mg eleven days ago too.

I appreciate your input!

baroquep

Hi PH1,

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants, am glad that you found the site and are obviously aware that care is needed when discontinuing psychotropic drugs.  As you have not been taking Zyprexa for very long, I don't think it is necessary to do a 10% taper but would advise you to cut the pill in half and take it for a couple of days and then cut it into quarters for a couple of days so that you can ease your central nervous system into the change.      

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Surviving Antidepressants is a website to help people taper off and discontinue these types of drugs safely.  Please let us know if we can help you further.  

PH1

Thank you for your reply, baroquep.   I followed your suggestion and took half a tablet last night and feel ok today.   

All the best to you with your current taper.