sumi

sumi: Paxil withdrawal, how long will it last?

sumi

I took paxil 12.5 mg for 10 months due to problem of panic attack in closed spaces. then i slowly withdrawn from it in 1 month. I am not taking any medication for 7 months except due to some depressive events i took paxil 12.5 mg for 10-15 days 2 months back. Now i have heart palpitations and stomach cramps. I had headache but now that has gone away in one week since i started eating walnuts. I hope slowly my other physical symptoms will also go away. The only thing which makes me sad is anxiety sometimes due to emotions and also the fear of relapse. Please tell when will i become emotionally stable. I have heard that after 3 months situation starts improving. Is it true?

Edited by Altostrata
added screen name to title

Altostrata

Welcome, sumi.

I moved your topic to the Introductions forum to start your own personal Introductions topic, where you can post questions and report your progress.

When you went off Paxil around 10 months ago, did you have any withdrawal symptoms?

How much Paxil were you taking the last time, around 2 months ago? You've been off Paxil for 2 months? When did the palpitations and cramps start?

Do you have any other symptoms? How are you sleeping?

ChessieCat

Hi sumi and welcome to SA,

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  Please use the following format:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

sumi

hi i took last dose 2 months back in morning paxil regular 12.5g and evening paxil cr 12.5g.

sumi

Stomach cramps and heart palpitations have started from 01-09-17. I have been off paxil since 15-10-17.