emilie

taste of food

emilie

Hi, i just wanted to know if others people have the same as me.

Often the food has no taste. It depend of what food.

Cooked natural food has often no taste (like potatoe with onion)

Apple have taste.

But even raw nuts have no taste (i remember the taste of nuts and i know i liked them).

It is like when i eat starch raw or cooked (potatoe or grains) i have no taste, but if i eat something with sugar i have the taste.

Have you got the same?

Kristine

Hi Emilie,  Yes, I can relate to this.  Most savoury food tastes bland to me.  Last night I made a curry which tasted metallic 😕 My family thought it was delicious! One of the only things that tastes 'normal' at the moment is ice- cream!  All my senses have been effected and I guess it's not surprising considering all our senses are connected to the peripheral nervous system. I'm not sure what the answer is emilie, but I'm sure your taste will return to normal in time. K 

emilie

On 14/12/2017 at 1:15 AM, Kristine said:

Hi Emilie,  Yes, I can relate to this.  Most savoury food tastes bland to me.  Last night I made a curry which tasted metallic 😕 My family thought it was delicious! One of the only things that tastes 'normal' at the moment is ice- cream!  All my senses have been effected and I guess it's not surprising considering all our senses are connected to the peripheral nervous system. I'm not sure what the answer is emilie, but I'm sure your taste will return to normal in time. K 

ok thanks you for your response.  

minu

I’m having a similar issue. Foods that I normally like are really hard for me to eat. I have an adversion to most foods and nauseous very easily. It’s frustrating to be hungry and then completely grossed out when you go to eat! Anway, not exactly the same as you, but similar. 

emilie
17 hours ago, minu said:

I’m having a similar issue. Foods that I normally like are really hard for me to eat. I have an adversion to most foods and nauseous very easily. It’s frustrating to be hungry and then completely grossed out when you go to eat! Anway, not exactly the same as you, but similar. 

Not the same as me. I have never hungry. I eat because i know my body need food. But i could go a week without eating nothing, just drinking water and feel never hungry.

i had tried once  and it is horrible to discover that. After a week (7 days) of fast, i had no hungry, but i re-start to eat just because i know it is necessary

:(((