Sign in to follow this  
Cnp412

Extreme emotional changes

Cnp412

I came to this site a year ago when my wife suddenly turned around last year after about 3 months on effexor and told me she didn't love me anymore, in the beginning it was very up and down loved me one day and wanted to try followed by days of wanting nothong to do with me. A little background to us we were together since 7th grade had kids young got married young, she was my best friend. I was completely heart broken to say the least she was no longer nice, peppy, or loveable she was cold, emotionless, and hurtful. Began smoking marijuana from Sun up to sun down and could not even think about a good moment in our relationship even though there were alot, realistically the majority of it.. She began online dating two weeks after leaving me and met a guy, the first night she met with him she slept with him and stayed in a hotel. (Very unlike my wife). I found out on Christmas day with the kids accidentally showing me while trying to operate a game on her cell phone. She was mean to me every chance she got and did not care at all if she hurt me this is all while I was in the middle of a police academy. 3 weeks had passed by and i had all but given up. I thought she was gone........ I get a phone call from the hospital she works at that she commited herself for a psychiatric evaluation on a 72 hour hold..... when i get to speak to her she is arguing wirh doctors refusing to take the effexor.... she is having the worst breakdown I have ever seen and apoligizing to me telling me she didn'

Cnp412

Know what she was doing for the past 3 months. And it was really sad..... and im veing short about it but it was like the person I loved and new came back...... we left ... they said she could not stop cold turkey so they prescribed her prozac and clomazepan..... for 3 months she was amazing back to normal. Great with the kids, happy with me, active... followed by a drastic change again...i could not get her out of bed to save my life, complained of headaches...and then back to smoking marijuana all day and now insomnia..... I feared the worst...... she went back to the doctor and he prescribed her trazadone..... so now we have chronic marijuana use.. prozac 20mg, clonazepam, and trazadone. Where she all the sudden became emotionless... I swear i could have got shot at work and this woman would not have shed a tear....but, some days would write me novels about how much she loved me and appreciated me..... boy did that change drastically. She wanted to start weaning off so she got 10mg prozac but against my advice and everyone else she went cold turkey...... we are 6 weeks into going cold turkey and she is emotionless, hurtful, no care for the consequence of her actions and wants a divorce out of nowhere...... I truly believe it's from the withdrawal because there are days i get her back...then she'

TeaBea

Wow, I'm so sorry.  I just wanted to say I wish you the very best as you deal with the fallout from a freakin' prescription med.  It's bad enough when Rx meds hurt the people taking them, but these meds can rip apart families and destroy reputations and careers.  It's criminal that the potential for these side-effects are not made known to a partner who can watch for the first sign of something going wrong and have the right to demand the doctor stop the med (safely, of course).

Good luck.