Jorge24: My withdrawal journey

Jorge24

5 minutes ago, Jorge24 said:

Yeah but even tho only took em for 2 month's that got me through he'll. Never experience something like this 

But you have a good chance to recover. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jorge24

• nz11

• ChessieCat

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey we all will.  3 month's off been the hardest.  With this dp, dr. They say is the worst symptom 

My first antidepressant ever.

Zoloft September 12, 2017.

First 3, 4 days on 50 mg. 

My doctor lower my dose to 25 mg later that week. September 19.

From September 19 till November 14 taking 25 mg.

September 14 started to taper of 25 mg to half the pill.

Did that for a week only

September 14 is when i decided to quit completely.

December 2 marks 18 days off Zoloft.

Zyprexa for one week, November 

Ativan 1mg for one week, December 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Jorge24 said:

With this dp, dr. They say is the worst symptom 

I think it's wrong to label symptoms that way.  My opinion is that the worst symptom is the one that you are currently going through, whatever it is.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

I think it's wrong to label symptoms that way.  My opinion is that the worst symptom is the one that you are currently going through, whatever it is.

Yes you are right. I had a real real hard time with my girl today that came to visit me. I was trying my best to act normal but couldn't she notice something was off. Even at that am bad at :unsure:

Did that for a week only

Zoloft really seems to be a killer for men. Noticed so many stories from guys who have been on the drug <3 months and yet have issues which persist and persist, myself being one of them

PSSD, Anhedonia, Loss of Imagination and creativity, physical pressure in head all from taking 50mg Sertraline for a month back in February 2015. Not seen much improvement (if any). Time of writing this signature - 01/02/2016 (UK date format)

8 hours ago, raven530 said:

Zoloft really seems to be a killer for men. Noticed so many stories from guys who have been on the drug <3 months and yet have issues which persist and persist, myself being one of them

Yup toughest 3 month's of my life   going to 4 hopefully i start seeing some improvement.  Where you on Zoloft? 

Did that for a week only

Can Someone tell me a bit more about acute withdrawal?  All i know is it can last up to 3 month's off. Those r the hardest months I heard which is true am still in 3 month's off and Dr is real bad. Has anyone seen some improvement when acute withdrawal was done. Am really really hoping to see some improvement soon.

Did that for a week only

Just wondering if one week of zyprexa or Ativan can cause withdrawal? Or it's still my zoloft withdrawal that i was on for 2 month's.  Anyone out there?!

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus

I imagine it is probably the Zoloft, by the zyprexa and Ativan may be contributing to it.

Please add zyprexa and ativan your signature.  We don't have the time or energy to go back searching through your posts to find the information.  We look at the drug history for this information so it needs to be accurate and updated whenever you make a change.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Please stop creating new topics.  Each member has only 1 Intro topic where they ask questions and journal their progress.  This keeps your history and the responses to questions in one place.

You are welcome to post in other topics and in other members' Intro.

However, please remember to ask questions about your own situation here in your Intro topic.

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I imagine it is probably the Zoloft, by the zyprexa and Ativan may be contributing to it.

Please add zyprexa and ativan your signature.  We don't have the time or energy to go back searching through your posts to find the information.  We look at the drug history for this information so it needs to be accurate and updated whenever you make a change.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

So it's all the zoloft withdrawal then? I only took both for just one week and it's been a month since that.

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Jorge24 said:

I only took both for just one week and it's been a month since that.

We still need it included in your drug signature please.

Done.

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Jorge24 said:

So it's all the zoloft withdrawal then?

No that's not what I said.

23 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

The reason why I said it is probably the Zoloft is because you were on the Zoloft for 2 months.  That was long enough for your brain to have adapted to Zoloft.  Taking the Zyprexa and Ativan (I am assuming that you took those after you stopped the Zoloft - as I have requested please add those to your signature) would have confused your brain during the 1 week you were on them.  It takes about 4 days for a drug/dose change to get to full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  Whilst your brain was trying to adapt to not getting Zoloft you start new drugs so it started trying to adapt to them.  And then those drugs were taken away so your brain is trying to adapt to not getting Zoloft, Zyprexa and Ativan.  

Ok makes sense thanks! But there no way that I could be withdrawal from the zyprexa or Ativan it did probably confused my brian or slow down my healing process from zoloft? 

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for adding the drugs.  Please include the dates you took them.

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Thank you for adding the drugs.  Please include the dates you took them.

Don't remember the exact day of the mom but done.

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find reading this update worthwhile.  Time does heal.

lex1992-4-months-off-lexapro-extreme-anxietyruminating-cant-function-properly

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jorge,

Did you manage to come off the Ativan in January 2018 after only one week usage?   Please update your signature with this information as well.

I did receive your PM as well with the following question to me:

You mention your past your acute withdrawal how long did it last is usually the first 3 month's off? 

This is a complicated question to answer as our histories with medications/drugs are very different.  I do think that you may experience a healing.......and into recovery perhaps sooner than I did.   Will that be 3 months or 6 months?.........I just can't predict.   And I do see a lot of ideas for you given in the above 4 pages of your introduction/journal.  And you are more than welcome to peruse my journal/introduction if it is helpful for you to see how I coped through the toughest times.........although I don't recommend ALL of my methods.......I have since become wiser.......:rolleyes:hopefully.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/8935-☼-manymoretodays-off-adderall/

It is 27 pages so take what you need and leave the rest.  Time and learning patience and the best self care/management was really on my side....... as far as during the acute or more intensity of W/D symptoms.  Relationships and finding community as well........ were some major factors which have kept me in an excellent place now.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth......... yes, you will grow through this experience too.......

I encourage you to look around the site some, and try to connect with some of the other members, as well as trying some of the coping mentioned and linked for you here on your intro/journal.  I do remember the sheer panic and obsessional thoughts around it all.  Many of us are now on the other side of that now.  Sending the best of healing intentions to you Jorge......and hugs. 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Yes I manage to stop the Ativan after just one week of use. So it's all normal for me to be still in withdrawal when i only took Zoloft for 2 month's? Wednesday is 4 months off.

So you think i need more couple of month's? Maybe when i hit six? Since i was on for a short time, really short time.

So your recover now?

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Jorge24 said:

So you think i need more couple of month's? Maybe when i hit six? Since i was on for a short time, really short time.

9 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

This is a complicated question to answer as our histories with medications/drugs are very different.  I do think that you may experience a healing.......and into recovery perhaps sooner than I did.   Will that be 3 months or 6 months?.........I just can't predict.

We don't know how long it will take for you to heal.  We wish would could tell you that it will take a certain amount of time but we just don't know.

It is important to keep stress, even good stress, in your life to a minimum and give your brain a chance to help.  Learning to accept that things are the way they are at this time can be very helpful.  Acceptance

I believe that stress diverts our brain's attention from healing.  If we are stressed it has to deal with the stress.  When we are stressed we become hyper alert or hyper vigilant.  This is because the brain thinks there is a threat and in order for us to stay safe prepares us to respond by producing adrenaline so we can fight or get away (the fight or flight response).

Learning and using ways to distract so that you are not constantly thinking about the symptoms can be helpful.

Non-drug techniques

18 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

We don't know how long it will take for you to heal.  We wish would could tell you that it will take a certain amount of time but we just don't know.

It is important to keep stress, even good stress, in your life to a minimum and give your brain a chance to help.  Learning to accept that things are the way they are at this time can be very helpful.  Acceptance

I believe that stress diverts our brain's attention from healing.  If we are stressed it has to deal with the stress.  When we are stressed we become hyper alert or hyper vigilant.  This is because the brain thinks there is a threat and in order for us to stay safe prepares us to respond by producing adrenaline so we can fight or get away (the fight or flight response).

Learning and using ways to distract so that you are not constantly thinking about the symptoms can be helpful.

Non-drug techniques

So all normal for me to be still in withdrawal and having derealization after i just took it for 2 month's? 

Yes distraction is good for me but not to much.  Lots of people tell me once i hit 6 months off my symptoms will go away since i was on a ssri and at a low dose I hope so, i really do:rolleyes:

This can take a couple of months still even tho i just was on em for 2 month's ?

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Jorge24 said:

So all normal for me to be still in withdrawal and having derealization after i just took it for 2 month's? 

Yes distraction is good for me but not to much.  Lots of people tell me once i hit 6 months off my symptoms will go away since i was on a ssri and at a low dose I hope so, i really do:rolleyes:

This can take a couple of months still even tho i just was on em for 2 month's ?

We DO NOT know how long it will take.  Please stop asking this same question.

If we knew how long it was going to take we would tell you.  And unfortunately we don't have super powers to be able to see into the future.

Can you explain a lil more of what acute withdrawal means?

Did that for a week only

• Moderator Emeritus

• 3 weeks later...

Ok am almost 5 months out. Only symptom is dp,dr and some head pressures. All other symptoms are gone am i close to healing? Just like other symptoms went away these to shall go to right?

Did that for a week only

On 3/27/2018 at 2:58 AM, Jorge24 said:

Just like other symptoms went away these to shall go to right?

I'm praying all of your symptoms will leave you! No one can tell us when it will happen, but I know we will heal!

I'm so glad your other symptoms have gone!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

12 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I'm praying all of your symptoms will leave you! No one can tell us when it will happen, but I know we will heal!

I'm so glad your other symptoms have gone!

Dalalea

Thank you dalale! Waiting for this dp,dr and head prussure to go away, if that can go away i can have my life back

Did that for a week only

• 8 months later...

Hey Jorge,

You good now? What's up?

Marmot

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.