restitution: off citalopram

restitution

Have been on Cipramil for abouit 3 years on a low dose of 10 milligrams i eventually became sick on this low dose with diarrhea ,nausea and panic attacks so i reduced to 5 millagrams for a couple of months things returned to normal then i got sick  again on 5 Millagrams so i reduced to 2 millagrams things got better for 10 days , i went back on  2 millagrams and got sick again  this was the same pattern that i experienced with another antidepressant at this time iam finding it hard to sleep and have been taking serapax because of the low dose the withdrawal is causing panic attacks that i cant bear and when i go back on 2 millagrams it makes me sick its almost like my body has reached an immunity to this drug like the previous time on another antidepressant which i changed to what iam taking now . i want to get off this stuff but iam trapped. Do i do another antidepressant and start the merry go around eventure  and so on . i had blood test and test from intergrated doctors following there plans and narapaths  BUT NTHING IS WORKING WHAT CAN I DO ??????

Edited by Altostrata
retitled

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Serepax 15mg 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

Citilapram April 2014 to December 2017

Serepax December 2017 to now (January 2018) 30 mg nighttime 

Xanax .5 mg 2000 to 2018 on an as needed basis

Supplements:December 21017 to Now 

(January 2018)

Carnitine, Tyrosine, Choline, Vit C, Vit B's, Magnesium, Iron, Chromium, Zinc, Fish Oil, Probiotic,

Tryptophan discontinued January 2017

• Administrator

Welcome, restitution.

It sounds like you had an adverse reaction to Cipramil and now have withdrawal syndrome, having gone off it too quickly.

Do you recall what happened just before you started getting diarrhea, nausea, and panic attacks while taking 10mg Cipramil? Had you missed pills by any chance, or taken an antibiotic?

What was the other antidepressant you took after going off Cipramil?

How long have you been having difficulty sleeping?

How much oxazepam are you taking and at what times of day? How long have you been taking it?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi  Alostrata

Yes  I am in withdrawal but just as sick if not more going back on it even 2 mgs of Cipramil.

Before I was sick I took antibiotics.  Sorry current antidepressant Cipramil and previous was prozac.  Sleeping has been bad for 18 years,  ever since antidepressants but more at these times 15mgs of oxazepam at night time only coming up to 3 weeks now.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

Carnitine, Tyrosine, Choline, Vit C, Vit B's, Magnesium, Iron, Chromium, Zinc, Fish Oil, Probiotic,

• Administrator

Antibiotics can cause adverse reactions when you're taking psychiatric drugs.

You've been taking 15mgs of oxazepam at night for 3 weeks? Does this help you sleep?

If antidepressants disturbed your sleep, you have been taking too high a dosage for 18 years. Sleeplessness is a common withdrawal symptom.

What are the symptoms you have now that you're taking oxazepam regularly?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi Altostrata

No real symptoms yet from  the oxazepam that i have noticed .it is helping with sleep ATM . the real problem is the anxiety. it just  wont subside in my gut .i beleive its withdrawal symptom from from citalopram ,Also having night time panic attacks .if i take a low dose of ciitaolpram (2 millagram )  to stop the withdrawals i get very sick for days .i feel like i am on this merry go round and dont know what to do .  I would go back on A/D but keep getting adverse  reactions and when not on it iam having very bad anxiety withdrawals plus insomnia ,and now i feel depression is coming in .

Also went to the Doctor She wants to try Endep but too scared of adverse reaction ,She also mentioned Effexor but again too sacred of getting sick .But  having no A/D is driving me insane with this anxiet

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

Restitution what do think about the idea of doing a drug signature

welcome to sa

nz

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

On Thursday, 28 December 2017 at 3:50 PM, restitution said:

Hi Altostrata

No real symptoms yet from  the oxazepam that i have noticed .it is helping with sleep ATM . the real problem is the anxiety. it just  wont subside in my gut .i beleive its withdrawal symptom from from citalopram ,Also having night time panic attacks .if i take a low dose of ciitaolpram (2 millagram )  to stop the withdrawals i get very sick for days .i feel like i am on this merry go round and dont know what to do .  I would go back on A/D but keep getting adverse  reactions and when not on it iam having very bad anxiety withdrawals plus insomnia ,and now i feel depression is coming in .

Also went to the Doctor She wants to try Endep but too scared of adverse reaction ,She also mentioned Effexor but again too sacred of getting sick .But  having no A/D is driving me insane with this anxiet

just waiting your reply

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

just waiting your reply ?????

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

How about doing the  drug signature while you wait.

It doesn't take long

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, restitution said:

this was the same pattern that i experienced with another antidepressant at this time

We are not mind readers here ...although the moderators try their best and some are considering this new career move at the moment.

However for us normal folk we need you to help us before we can help you.

Click on the top right drop down box arrow ...its in there. I'll leave it for you to find it...take a risk click on something.

Recovering paxil addict

32 minutes ago, restitution said:

just waiting your reply ?????

While we wait for the drug sig I would like to tell you that despite what the doctor tells you switching ads is not a good strategy.

Don't forget to put dosages stop and start dates and taper method in. These will help the moderators. 

Recovering paxil addict

Sorry restitution 

signature is found in the account settings area look on the left hand side.

Hope you can find it...

Recovering paxil addict

R dId you manage to find your way to the signature area.

If you are still not sure just ask and I will try to be better at giving directions.

Can you see the drop down box arrow at the top right of the screen.

Recovering paxil addict

Any update?

Recovering paxil addict

• 2 weeks later...

I am on citramil when i take it i  get sick even 2 millagrams this sickness is worse then been off i t  iam not on it now for about 10DAYS  i know iam going through withdrawals but its wosre far worse when i just have 2 millagrams iam trapped and going down no doctor knows what to do 

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

I think after  no one has been able to help me not even doctors i have found half of my problem due to been on antidepressant i was getting sick even on small dose so i stopped taking antidepressant for 10DAYS  and when i went back on them the sickness was far worse then the withdrawals i was having so i stumbled on the research about Serotonin sydrom and found this applies  to me which says to stop taking antidepressants which cause of Serotonin sydrom now can you help me i just need a doctor that relates to this and help me with the withdrawals from antidepressants  which is anxiety and sleep disturbance what would be the best meds for me now ?????

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

• Moderator Emeritus

restitution, I've merged the new topic you started in the Symptoms forum to your Introduction topic so that more people will see your question.  Please post questions and updates here in your introduction topic so that all your information, questions and answers are in one place.

Finding this page again

You are following this topic. You can return to any topics you follow by clicking on the downward triangle (▼) next to your username at the top of the page. One of the items in the list is "Manage Followed Content." Click on that and you'll see a list of each topic you follow.

Setting this web page as a bookmark or favorite in your browser will help you navigate back to it.

Request: Would you take a moment to list the medications and doses you are currently taking?

Edited by scallywag

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps no meds, or reinstatement and a slow taper. Its difficult to know what to suggest without more information. Please would you ask these kinds of questions on your intro thread, found here.

Several people have been trying to help you on your intro thread, but we need more information and a drug signature.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

On 31/12/2017 at 4:21 AM, nz11 said:

R dId you manage to find your way to the signature area.

If you are still not sure just ask and I will try to be better at giving directions.

Can you see the drop down box arrow at the top right of the screen.

I can't find the signature area, sorry

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

can you see your name with the drop down arrow at the top right of the page?

Recovering paxil addict

I really don't know what the signature area is. What are you wanting me to fill in. I'm sorry but not sure what it is.  I am new and don't know the internal language of this forum 

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

okay I understand ...

I'm clocking out for the day at the sa office. Its late ....

Maybe the good folk here can walk you through it tomorrow.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, restitution said:

I really don't know what the signature area is. What are you wanting me to fill in. I'm sorry but not sure what it is.  I am new and don't know the internal language of this forum 

This may help. A direct link to your signature is provided below. 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

I think I put my signature in by following the above post.  Let me know if you can or cannot find it.:)

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

• Administrator
On 1/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, restitution said:

I think after  no one has been able to help me not even doctors i have found half of my problem due to been on antidepressant i was getting sick even on small dose so i stopped taking antidepressant for 10DAYS  and when i went back on them the sickness was far worse then the withdrawals i was having so i stumbled on the research about Serotonin sydrom and found this applies  to me which says to stop taking antidepressants which cause of Serotonin sydrom now can you help me i just need a doctor that relates to this and help me with the withdrawals from antidepressants  which is anxiety and sleep disturbance what would be the best meds for me now ?????

What are your symptoms? Do they have any daily pattern?

Why do you think you had serotonin syndrome?

I think I have seratonin syndrome because if I take the slightest portion of my citalopram or even tryptophan I get sick. Diarrhoea, nausea, uncontrollable shaking etc. Then I get better for a few days, must be enough of the seratonin in me and then the withdrawals start. Anxiety and diarrhoea are the main symptoms which is where I am today. I couldn't taper off a/d cause made me so sick. But I am in constant withdrawals, so I go and try small dose of a/d and get sick again. Constant merrygoround/ roller coaster ride. Also bad insomnia. Need serepax to sleep. It's a nightmare 

Effexor 2000 to 2007

Prozac 2007 to 2014

(January 2018)

• ChessieCat changed the title to restitution: off citalopram