Justin332: Paxil withdrawal - scared and need advice

Justin332

I just really want to feel like myself again and not a constant feeling in my chest and anxiety. 

I don’t want to feel hopeless anymore. I’m at a really really low point right now. 

paxil CR 12.5mg - December 28 - January 15

paxil 10mg - January 16 20mg - Jan 18

zolpidem 10mg as needed (daily since dec 23)

trazodone 50-150mg January 8-present 

currently taking 150ng daily. Went up from 50mg

gabapentin 300mgx3  January 8- January 18

valium as needed (5mg x 3 last 8 days)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin332

• Altostrata

• nz11

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Justin, I'm here with you.  I'm feeling like you today.  Big hugs x

August 2017 - Quit 75 mg Effexor cold turkey

October 2017 - January 2018 - several changes to medication, first AD introduced, 20mg Zoloft (October 2017), changed to 20mg Brintellix (November 2017), changed to 25mg Valdoxan (November 2017), changed to 15mg Mirtazapine (December 2017), changed to 20mg Prozac (January 2018), changed to 15mg  Mirtazapine (January 2018), all of the previous AD mentioned were at one time or another taken with 20mg Temazapam, changed to 5mg Lexapro and 50mg Seroquel (February 2018).

Finally admitted to hospital February 2018 due to all medication changes.

February/March 2018 - 20mg Prozac and 5mg Zyprexa

8 hours ago, Justin332 said:

Ive never felt this bad in my life. What do i do?

Well id go and talk to the psych or your psych friend and ask them what they suggest as their voices are clearly the ones you are currently listening to for instructions. 

Let us know what they say.

Why are these people talking about breakthrough anxiety what the heck is that?  I don't believe you have anxiety you are having  ssri wdl reactions. No doubt you have other drug reactions going on as well. 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

12 minutes ago, TB1973 said:

Hi Justin, I'm here with you.  I'm feeling like you today.  Big hugs x

I’ve been crying all day. Just so sad. Even in November i still felt ok on trintellix. I want my life back and the thought that it may not return to normal for a long time is so daunting. 

I know Justin.  I've been going through this hell for 5 months.  I found some relief taking Mirtazapine although I thought it was for sleep and stopped taking it when my sleep got better.  My doctor isn't explaining things to me and now I'm back where I started and trying to find answers for myself.  I'm also having an extremely bad day.  You are in my thoughts.

August 2017 - Quit 75 mg Effexor cold turkey

October 2017 - January 2018 - several changes to medication, first AD introduced, 20mg Zoloft (October 2017), changed to 20mg Brintellix (November 2017), changed to 25mg Valdoxan (November 2017), changed to 15mg Mirtazapine (December 2017), changed to 20mg Prozac (January 2018), changed to 15mg  Mirtazapine (January 2018), all of the previous AD mentioned were at one time or another taken with 20mg Temazapam, changed to 5mg Lexapro and 50mg Seroquel (February 2018).

Finally admitted to hospital February 2018 due to all medication changes.

February/March 2018 - 20mg Prozac and 5mg Zyprexa

6 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Well id go and talk to the psych or your psych friend and ask them what they suggest as their voices are clearly the ones you are currently listening to for instructions. 

Let us know what they say.

Why are these people talking about breakthrough anxiety what the heck is that?  I don't believe you have anxiety you are having  ssri wdl reactions. No doubt you have other drug reactions going on as well. 

I just hope reinstatement works. In reality the only thing they’ve told me different was going back to 20mg Paxil instead of 10. It’s not like they’re so different in plan from altostrata.  She did tell me to keep the gabapentin but i don’t want to get hooked on it under any circumstances and i haven’t talk taken  long. 

I can relate to the anxiety, the hopelessness, the feeling that it might never get better. I'm trying to get over the flu, which has been a doozy this year. It seems to have spun me into a downward spiral, like any progress I've made feels nil. Sorry to hear you're going through this. This site is a great place for support though. Keep hanging on.

--Current supplements: Fish oil 1000 mg x4 (split into 2 doses of 1000 mg); Vit. D 2,000 iu once daily; 2-3 tsp coconut oil daily

--3/14/20: Re-discontinued gabapentin after 2 weeks, due to agitation

--2/27/20: Reinstated Kpin .5mg and also briefly reinstated gabapentin 300mg. 2x/daily, to help with side effects (Kpin dose usually taken in a.m. between 5-8 a.m.; gabapentin once in a.m. and once around 6 p.m.)

--2/13/20: Tried reducing Kpin down to .375mg due to dysphoric side effects; tried to CT but started hallucinating again after 4 days

--1/23/20: Placed on daily .5mg dose of Klonopin

--From July 2017-Jan. 2020: PRN Klonopin 1mg. :  up to 1x/day:  sometimes weeks without it, sometimes 1-2x/week, sometimes 4-5x/week; tried to CT in Jan. 2020 and ended up in hospital with delirium and hallucinations

--November 2019: Weaned down gabapentin approx. 100 mg. per week and discontinued it

--August 7, 2019-10/18/19: Reduced Trintellix from 10mg. down to zero (insurance stopped paying for it - I couldn't afford it).

--February 2019-11/30/19: Reduced nortriptyline from 75 mg. to zero

--As of February 2019:  Meds were 10 mg. (1x/day) Trintellix, 75 mg. (1x/day) nortriptyline, and 600 mg. gabapentin

--1992 through 2018: On various cocktails of meds, starting with anafranil

6 minutes ago, TB1973 said:

I know Justin.  I've been going through this hell for 5 months.  I found some relief taking Mirtazapine although I thought it was for sleep and stopped taking it when my sleep got better.  My doctor isn't explaining things to me and now I'm back where I started and trying to find answers for myself.  I'm also having an extremely bad day.  You are in my thoughts.

You’re in my thoughts too. 

17 minutes ago, Justin332 said:

I’ve been crying all day. Just so sad. Even in November i still felt ok on trintellix. I want my life back and the thought that it may not return to normal for a long time is so daunting. 

Justin,

I read your thread and a lot of what you wrote resonates with me. My withdrawal is from Effexor, as opposed to Paxil, however. I have been on Effexor since 2003, so nearly as long as you have been on Paxil. I just wanted you to know that I'm going through a lot of the same things. When you are in WD, you want to get better in hours or days. Unfortunately for us, it might take months or years. I just reinstated on Tuesday after being off of the drug since Christmas. Hang in there and I hope you get better soon. 

Effexor: 2003 - 2018 (75-150 mgs) Off at times in 2015 and 2017. Tapered from 37.5 mgs in May of 2017 to 5? mgs at the end December of 2017 and jumped. Reinstated 5 beads on 1/16/18 after struggling with withdrawal symptoms. Upped to 37.5 mgs on 1/19/18. Feeling great as of 2/23/18.

Klonopin: 2003 - 2018 (1-3 mgs)

Supplements: Omega-3 Fish Oil (1000 mgs)

5 minutes ago, ihpsdm said:

Justin,

I read your thread and a lot of what you wrote resonates with me. My withdrawal is from Effexor, as opposed to Paxil, however. I have been on Effexor since 2003, so nearly as long as you have been on Paxil. I just wanted you to know that I'm going through a lot of the same things. When you are in WD, you want to get better in hours or days. Unfortunately for us, it might take months or years. I just reinstated on Tuesday after being off of the drug since Christmas. Hang in there and I hope you get better soon. 

There is no way i can live like this for years. None. 

Just now, Justin332 said:

There is no way i can live like this for years. None. 

I feel the same way. We're going through similar things right now though. We can use this forum to support each other. This is truly a living nightmare.

Do you live alone. Do you have family and friends who can stay with you.

I'm so sad and broken right now.

Effexor: 2003 - 2018 (75-150 mgs) Off at times in 2015 and 2017. Tapered from 37.5 mgs in May of 2017 to 5? mgs at the end December of 2017 and jumped. Reinstated 5 beads on 1/16/18 after struggling with withdrawal symptoms. Upped to 37.5 mgs on 1/19/18. Feeling great as of 2/23/18.

Just now, ihpsdm said:

I feel the same way. We're going through similar things right now though. We can use this forum to support each other. This is truly a living nightmare.

Do you live alone. Do you have family and friends who can stay with you.

I'm so sad and broken right now.

I do have friends but no family. I feel

like I’m already a huge burden on them. What about you?

you can’t be thinking in terms of years. You have to think positively. It’s so hard for me but I’m sleeping 8 hours a night and im hoping in a few weeks the paxil

will kick in and minimize what I’m going through. 

8 minutes ago, Justin332 said:

I do have friends but no family. I feel

like I’m already a huge burden on them. What about you?

you can’t be thinking in terms of years. You have to think positively. It’s so hard for me but I’m sleeping 8 hours a night and im hoping in a few weeks the paxil

will kick in and minimize what I’m going through. 

No friends. My psychiatrist is actually in another state since I kept the same one I've had since 2003. I broke down and called her last week and she just couldn't understand that I would be in WD after tapering off of Effexor slowly and then have these symptoms HAMMER me weeks after being on it. She suggested that I try Lexapro but I was very much against that. I also broke down in tears during the conversation. These doctors don't understand what we're going through and that we're so broken. She thought it was just anxiety and depression but I know I'm not imagining blurred vision, body temperature changes, cortisol spikes that wake me up in the middle of the night, etc. She said I could go back to the 5 beads I was taking up until Christmas. I started that on Tuesday, but by Friday I was so out of it and desperate that I just started taking the entire 37.5 mg pills instead of the beads. I felt good yesterday but awful today.

You're right, let's think about this as a set back in terms of months as opposed to years. We will get through it. I'm going through the same things so talk to me and we'll get through this together.

How are you eating? My weight is a major concern to me. I'm dangerously underweight as it is and can't even afford to lose five pounds. I'm forcing myself to eat but still not eating enough to offset the amount of energy I'm exerting with the anxiety.

You mentioned that you had a 4 day window? Try to remember how great you felt during that time. Things can go back to that level and the windows will be much longer!

23 minutes ago, ihpsdm said:

No friends. My psychiatrist is actually in another state since I kept the same one I've had since 2003. I broke down and called her last week and she just couldn't understand that I would be in WD after tapering off of Effexor slowly and then have these symptoms HAMMER me weeks after being on it. She suggested that I try Lexapro but I was very much against that. I also broke down in tears during the conversation. These doctors don't understand what we're going through and that we're so broken. She thought it was just anxiety and depression but I know I'm not imagining blurred vision, body temperature changes, cortisol spikes that wake me up in the middle of the night, etc. She said I could go back to the 5 beads I was taking up until Christmas. I started that on Tuesday, but by Friday I was so out of it and desperate that I just started taking the entire 37.5 mg pills instead of the beads. I felt good yesterday but awful today.

You're right, let's think about this as a set back in terms of months as opposed to years. We will get through it. I'm going through the same things so talk to me and we'll get through this together.

How are you eating? My weight is a major concern to me. I'm dangerously underweight as it is and can't even afford to lose five pounds. I'm forcing myself to eat but still not eating enough to offset the amount of energy I'm exerting with the anxiety.

You mentioned that you had a 4 day window? Try to remember how great you felt during that time. Things can go back to that level and the windows will be much longer!

My weight has been ok. Appetite is a little down. I haven’t had a true window in about a week.  I do have moments throughout the day where i feel good and then moments where i don’t at all. 

Im so sorry you’re going through this. I feel my family, who i talk to on the phone all the time, is getting tired of the issue. 

1 hour ago, Justin332 said:

I just really want to feel like myself again and not a constant feeling in my chest and anxiety. 

I don’t want to feel hopeless anymore. I’m at a really really low point right now. 

14 minutes ago, Justin332 said:

My weight has been ok. Appetite is a little down. I haven’t had a true window in about a week.  I do have moments throughout the day where i feel good and then moments where i don’t at all. 

Im so sorry you’re going through this. I feel my family, who i talk to on the phone all the time, is getting tired of the issue. 

I'm sorry you are going through this as well.

I can see in this thread that you mentioned that you have a Type A personality. This probably means that you want to attack this problem head on and get rid of it ASAP.

If there's one thing I've learned from reading this site is that we have to keep things simple. For our situation, less is more. Much like anxiety in general, the harder we try and combat it, the harder it hits us back. As someone mentioned in my thread, we have to keep things simple, slow and stable:

We also need to accept things as they are. We're in a tough spot right now. We didn't do anything wrong. We simply followed doctor's orders and still we ended up in this living nightmare. This thread about acceptance has helped me:

It's really well written and helps me cope with what I'm going through now.

How has work been for you? This is where I'm having the biggest problems. It's hard enough suffering through this, but functioning at work is a whole other level of terror.

You can talk to me if you'd like. I'm sure what the rules of this forum are, but it helps to talk to someone who knows exactly what you're going through. Friends and family may have good intentions, but they aren't going to understand what you're going through. The doctors are clueless.  I'm not sure if there is a message option for this site, but you can message me or just keep responding to me in this thread or my thread.

As bad as we feel now, things will get better. One good thing about going through this is that I'm that much more appreciative of what it's like to feel "normal". I used to worry and agonize over trivial things but now I just want to feel normal again. It's amazing how far I've fallen in a few days. I went to the store the other day and the check out person could see how much trouble I was having that he told me "I hope you get better soon."

13 hours ago, ihpsdm said:

I'm sorry you are going through this as well.

I can see in this thread that you mentioned that you have a Type A personality. This probably means that you want to attack this problem head on and get rid of it ASAP.

If there's one thing I've learned from reading this site is that we have to keep things simple. For our situation, less is more. Much like anxiety in general, the harder we try and combat it, the harder it hits us back. As someone mentioned in my thread, we have to keep things simple, slow and stable:

We also need to accept things as they are. We're in a tough spot right now. We didn't do anything wrong. We simply followed doctor's orders and still we ended up in this living nightmare. This thread about acceptance has helped me:

It's really well written and helps me cope with what I'm going through now.

How has work been for you? This is where I'm having the biggest problems. It's hard enough suffering through this, but functioning at work is a whole other level of terror.

You can talk to me if you'd like. I'm sure what the rules of this forum are, but it helps to talk to someone who knows exactly what you're going through. Friends and family may have good intentions, but they aren't going to understand what you're going through. The doctors are clueless.  I'm not sure if there is a message option for this site, but you can message me or just keep responding to me in this thread or my thread.

As bad as we feel now, things will get better. One good thing about going through this is that I'm that much more appreciative of what it's like to feel "normal". I used to worry and agonize over trivial things but now I just want to feel normal again. It's amazing how far I've fallen in a few days. I went to the store the other day and the check out person could see how much trouble I was having that he told me "I hope you get better soon."

Thank you for reminding me of the awesome resources this site has. We will all get through This. Just a few weeks ago i couldn’t sleep more than 3-4 hours a night. Last night i slept 10. Even though i wake up crazy anxious that is a HUGE improvement. 

We will all get there. 

Is there any chance i should be on trintellix instead of Paxil? Yes i was on Paxil 17 years but i was on trintellix from August to December 1st. This hasn’t really been discussed. 

I wasnt terrible on trintellix at all. I did have some dark thoughts on it but it did help with anxiety tremendously. 

I haven’t heard from any of the mods in a few days. Did i do something wrong?

10 minutes ago, Justin332 said:

I haven’t heard from any of the mods in a few days. Did i do something wrong?

They are on a 3day staff seminar ....I hear the food is great. Don’t take it personally.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Just now, nz11 said:

They are on a 3day staff seminar ....I hear the food is great. Don’t take it personally.

Lol r u serious or joking?

Hi Justin just stopping by to say hello....I was CT off Paxil at 40mg in just four weeks.....

you  will be ok it’s just hard to wrap our heads around it all.But you will be alright.well done on getting 10 hours sleep 

pink xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

1 hour ago, Justin332 said:

Thank you for reminding me of the awesome resources this site has. We will all get through This. Just a few weeks ago i couldn’t sleep more than 3-4 hours a night. Last night i slept 10. Even though i wake up crazy anxious that is a HUGE improvement. 

We will all get there. 

That's wonderful! See, you are getting better. I know it's hard to fell like things will get better when you are suffering through a wave, but this shows that things can get better for us. I hope you are entering an extended window now. You've been through a lot and deserve it.

We will end up better people for having gone through this. I know I already am beginning to treasure certain things that I used to take for granted. Little things that used to irritate me no longer do.

3 hours ago, Justin332 said:

Lol r u serious or joking?

Seriously  apparently the talks were world leading and an inside source (who I promised not to reveal) gave me some of the titles being : 

'Two light switches, to heavy to updose,  and too drugged to care

Things I wish my doctor had told me before he messed with my brain.' 

Scientists have now discovered the source  of 'Depression for many years' it originates in one place only - the doctors clinic

Squeezing water from a rock - How to deal with the drug signature challenged

Welcoming newbees - how to break the news gently that 'slowly ' means many many years' and medicines means poisons and doctor means danger!

'Words doctors refuse to say' talk by renowned author researcher and  doctor from Greece Dr Aka Theezia

Why don't you try some of your own medicine Mr doctor.

And Saturday they relaxed listening to a talk 'travelogues - adventures of a brassmonkey' 

Apparently there was a guest speaker  talking on 'The latest medical extinction, a doctor who listens, reads does his homework and says no to the pharma rep free muffins.

If I hear any other news i'll let you know.

I think it all winds up later today so staff will be back at their desks this time tomorrow. You wont have to wait long.

Recovering paxil addict

6 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Seriously  apparently the talks were world leading and an inside source (who I promised not to reveal) gave me some of the titles being : 

Scientists have now discovered the source  of 'Depression for many years' it originates in one place only - the doctors clinic

Welcoming newbees - how to break the news gently that 'slowly ' means many many years' and medicines means poisons and doctor means danger!

'Words doctors refuse to say' talk by renowned author researcher and  doctor from Greece Dr Aka Theezia

And Saturday they relaxed listening to a talk 'travelogues - adventures of a brassmonkey' 

Apparently there was a guest speaker  talking on 'The latest medical extinction, a doctor who listens, reads does his homework and says no to the pharma rep free muffins.

I think it all winds up later today so staff will be back at their desks this time tomorrow. You wont have to wait long.

You know, this is really hard and a lot of your posts have been very rude and accusatory. This one is sarcastic and cruel. This is not a laughing matter, and I’d prefer to be optimistic and not think I’m going to suffer for years. I’d like for you to please stop posting on this thread. Thank you. 

No worries.

No rudeness or personal attack intended.

Maybe we need an ignore button ..now theres a thought for the next years seminar topics

Have a great day. 

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Justin332 said:

I haven’t heard from any of the mods in a few days.

The moderators are volunteers (unrostered) who assist members as they are able.  We are experiencing our own withdrawal and life issues and some of us work, full or part time.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

The moderators also have different areas in which they are more knowledgeable.  I am unable to assist with your question, which is why I haven't responded.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

40 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

The moderators also have different areas in which they are more knowledgeable.  I am unable to assist with your question, which is why I haven't responded.

I totally understand. Just wanted to make sure i haven’t done anything wrong. 

1 hour ago, nz11 said:

No worries.

No rudeness or personal attack intended.

Maybe we need an ignore button ..now theres a thought for the next years seminar topics

Have a great day. 

Completely unnecessary comment nz...pull your head in. K

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Administrator
On 1/17/2018 at 1:11 PM, Justin332 said:

So I’m happy to report that last night i slept 8 hours! Used trazodone 100mg and ambien 10mg, which is down from 150mg

im still having anxiety in my chest and kind of negative thoughts, but more manageable and not completely ruining my day. 

^This is what happened on the second day of reducing Paxil to 10mg, divided doses.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, Justin332 said:

Hey there, i hope you’re having a great weekend. I’m doing much worse after seeing the psychiatrist. He urged me to go to 20mg of Paxil and after speaking to a friend of mine who is a psych he urged me to do the same as well. 

They said the anxiety will will get worse before it gets better. I’ve reinststed Paxil now 23 days ago. 

I am constantly anxious. I’m taking Valium every day since reinstating the 20mg Paxil. I’m miserable. 

He also told me to stop the gabakentjn, stating that i was only on it 12 days so there’s no way there’s dependence. 

Ive never felt this bad in my life. What do i do?  I have a speech to give in front of 3,000 people in FOUR DAYS

What happened to taking 10mg Paxil in divided doses?

Yes, we will tell you something different from your psychiatrist. Very few psychiatrists know anything about withdrawal syndrome or even adverse drug reactions. Their solution is always to add more drugs. That is why you're in your current situation.

If you wish to follow your psychiatrist's instructions, you can do that, but your psychiatrist will have to dig you out if you get a bad reaction. We can't fix your psychiatrist's mistakes, then have you repeat them.

If I were you, I would not consider adding or switching a drug right now. But it's up to you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

^This is what happened on the second day of reducing Paxil to 10mg, divided doses.

What happened to taking 10mg Paxil in divided doses?

Yes, we will tell you something different from your psychiatrist. Very few psychiatrists know anything about withdrawal syndrome or even adverse drug reactions. Their solution is always to add more drugs. That is why you're in your current situation.

If you wish to follow your psychiatrist's instructions, you can do that, but your psychiatrist will have to dig you out if you get a bad reaction. We can't fix your psychiatrist's mistakes, then have you repeat them.

If I were you, I would not consider adding or switching a drug right now. But it's up to you.

Hey there, i hope you’re having a great day. I took 20mg for a few days and side effects increased, and went back down to 10 and am feeling better.  The psychiatrist agreed to do this as well. 

Im sleeping way better, but every morning wake up with chest anxiety and dark thoughts. Will this fade? Will the Paxil eventually help with this? 

I m currently on day 23 of Paxil. 

• Moderator Emeritus

You might be experiencing this:  waking-with-panic-or-anxiety-managing-cortisol-spikes

2 hours ago, nz11 said:

I find this extremely demoralizing.  It's been bothering me for hours.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Administrator

nz, Off-Topic might be a better place for sarcasm.

Justin, you have to let your nervous system settle down to one consistent drug regimen.

You will need to give 10mg Paxil at least 4 days to get to a steady-state level. Hopefully, your symptoms will change for the better, but it could take a lot longer for your nervous system to settle down. Adding and changing and quitting and going up and down is not helping.

What exactly is your drug schedule now? I probably mentioned this before: Keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

We need this information to interpret your symptom pattern and figure out whether a drug is hurting or helping.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

12 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

nz, Off-Topic might be a better place for sarcasm.

Justin, you have to let your nervous system settle down to one consistent drug regimen.

You will need to give 10mg Paxil at least 4 days to get to a steady-state level. Hopefully, your symptoms will change for the better, but it could take a lot longer for your nervous system to settle down. Adding and changing and quitting and going up and down is not helping.

What exactly is your drug schedule now? I probably mentioned this before: Keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

We need this information to interpret your symptom pattern and figure out whether a drug is hurting or helping.

I understand. With the exception of the three days of 20mg Paxil, things have been consistent:

paxil 10mg every morning 

ambien 10mg at bed

trazodone 100mg at bed

valium as needed (have taken 5 mg last four days due to updosing)

been getting pretty consistent headaches in the afternoon. And the general doom and gloom feeling (especially in morning upon waking up) but also feel good many moments of day. Better if i keep busy. 

The psychiatrist said that that trintellix works on the same receptors as Paxil. If that’s true, didn’t i only truly withdraw for 27 days, from December first to December 28?

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Justin332 said:

paxil 10mg every morning 

ambien 10mg at bed

trazodone 100mg at bed

valium as needed (have taken 5 mg last four days due to updosing)

Justin, your "as needed" Valium and Ambien is concerning. 

Please add to your signature the dates and the doses when you've taken both of these drugs. It's best to list dates instead of "last 8 days" when you didn't mention a date, this is confusing. This is important because benzos (like Valium) and z-drugs (like Ambien) can cause dependency in as little as 2 - 4 weeks, even with "as needed" use, so it's best to keep track of this now to help guide you in your taper strategy. 

A direct link to your signature is here:

Account - settings - signature

Edited by Shep