Incense for Anxiety

Shanti

I've been having bad anxiety recently and haven't wanted to take Xanax. I found some Frankincense resin and charcoal tablets someone gave me about a year ago. I can't believe how much it relaxes my nerves! I just burned so much that I set the fire alarm off. lol. It really does help. I'm going to buy more. I also ordered 40 Cedar wood incense cones as they have a sedative effect as well. I used to use it a long time ago for that but haven't tried it since withdrawals. But I'll see if it works as good or better than the Frankincense.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Don't burn the house down ;-)

I bought a Himalayan Salt Lamp and love the warm glow ~no idea if they really do what they claim w ionization but I like the ambience ~

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

That’s interesting, Dr. Ann Blake Tracy (International Coalition for Drug Awareness) recommends aromatherapy oils to help to ‘rebuild’ after the use of antidepressants and she mentions Frankincense oil.

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

• Administrator

Comforting scents might well help people who are not hypersensitive to smells.

Interesting that you are drawn to the woody scents, Shanti. I've always loved those myself, and the smell of trees.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I love woody scents as well, and so far incense has been one of the only smells that has not "gone bad" for me... I try not to overdo it because I'm afraid of spoiling the effect... it always makes my environment seem friendlier.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

I love the woody scents because it feels cozy like I'm in a mountain cabin with a fire place. Relaxing. I am using the cedarwood and I like it, but it doesn't seem as good on easing the anxiety as the Frankincense. Maybe I'll put some Frankincense resin on top of the cedarwood and see how that smells :)

Barb, I have a Himalayan Salt Lamp too. I feel it does help, same as with a little electric waterfall. It sends out negative ions that will turn your bodies negative ions into positive ions and helps.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy