Hellbutrin

Is it unusual to have more than one acute wave following your initial acute wave?

Hellbutrin

I just had a quick question that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. Is it common to have more than one acute wave when you're going through withdrawal? I had an acute wave after my initial C/T and then I had a terrible acute wave at the beginning of November, and now I feel like I'm starting to go into another one. Is this common in withdrawal? Is it unusual to have more than one severe wave?

Hellbutrin

I ask this because my last wave included a lot of suicidal depression, and I feel like I'm starting to feel that way again. Can someone please give me some feedback? Should I expect a wave that is just as bad or worse than my previous acute wave? 

powerback

Hi H well done on being drug free ,a mod would know more ,but I think I'm qualified being a member that's in protracted withdrawl ,I don't think theres anything unusual about going into another wave ,this process isn't linear ,it can be all over the place ,I suppose we just have to learn from each experience and get our toolkit together and ready for the next wave ,so many things can set us off into a wave .its best to learn what these stresses are and when your hit with the wave deal with it as best you can and be careful  being around triggers or places that make the wave worse .

we can also turn ourselves into a knot with worrying when the next one hits but watch out for this and try and relax as best you can and remember you will get through the wave as you did the last time and be ok .

Hellbutrin
3 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi H well done on being drug free ,a mod would know more ,but I think I'm qualified being a member that's in protracted withdrawl ,I don't think theres anything unusual about going into another wave ,this process isn't linear ,it can be all over the place ,I suppose we just have to learn from each experience and get our toolkit together and ready for the next wave ,so many things can set us off into a wave .its best to learn what these stresses are and when your hit with the wave deal with it as best you can and be careful  being around triggers or places that make the wave worse .

we can also turn ourselves into a knot with worrying when the next one hits but watch out for this and try and relax as best you can and remember you will get through the wave as you did the last time and be ok .

Thanks PowerBack, I thought that the waves were supposed to get gradually better each time they happened but this one is starting to feel just as bad as the last one that I had. Pretty discouraging because I feel like I have made absolutely NO progress. 

Petunia
4 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

Pretty discouraging because I feel like I have made absolutely NO progress.

That's actually a very common experience of waves, making you feel like you have made no progress. Have you read through the topic:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

The strange thing about waves is when you are caught up in the middle of one, it feels just as bad, if not worse than before. Its like they take away our ability to remember clearly or make good judgements. Its only when I'm out of the wave that I can see that it wasn't quite as bad as the last one, and certainly not as bad as when I was in acute.

Terry4949

Hellbutrin , I went through a bad wave at 3 months then again at 6 months now I am 10 months and I have hit another wave so bad like you I have suicidel thoughts again and horrible anhendonia worse than 3 and 6 months , my waves are not getting any lighter just so much more intense , I hope this theory is right that these waves do get easier as I don’t think I can carry on much longer 

Hellbutrin
46 minutes ago, Terry4949 said:

Hellbutrin , I went through a bad wave at 3 months then again at 6 months now I am 10 months and I have hit another wave so bad like you I have suicidel thoughts again and horrible anhendonia worse than 3 and 6 months , my waves are not getting any lighter just so much more intense , I hope this theory is right that these waves do get easier as I don’t think I can carry on much longer 

Hi Terry, 

im really sorry to hear that. I just feel like dying right now. It’s all I can do just to type this. How long do your waves last usually? Have you noticed your windows getting any better between your waves?

Terry4949

Hi hellbutrin , I don’t get windows only brief periods of slightly better days but like you I about to give up hope I have never felt this bad ever 24 hours a day crushing depression just want a end , I have been feeling suicidal for 3 days solid now , can’t eat or sleep can’t do anything the thought that this wave could last for weeks is destroying me , I thought once I was of the drugs I would see some slight improvements but I have only got worse , I truly can not take much more of this it’s intolerable suffering it’s not a life it’s a death sentence 

Hellbutrin
On 1/13/2018 at 9:35 AM, Terry4949 said:

Hi hellbutrin , I don’t get windows only brief periods of slightly better days but like you I about to give up hope I have never felt this bad ever 24 hours a day crushing depression just want a end , I have been feeling suicidal for 3 days solid now , can’t eat or sleep can’t do anything the thought that this wave could last for weeks is destroying me , I thought once I was of the drugs I would see some slight improvements but I have only got worse , I truly can not take much more of this it’s intolerable suffering it’s not a life it’s a death sentence 

Hi Terry,

How are you feeling now? Has the intensity of your wave lessened at all? I'm feeling a little better, but my depression is still just as bad is it was but I feel a little less manic about it now. The mornings continue to be brutal for me. But I'm hoping that will start to lessen as I come out of this wave. Have you noticed any improvements at 10 months out?

Terry4949

Hi hellbutrin I’m sorry that you still feel this way , I am still stuck in the endless wave fighting the suicidal urges is hard for me but I live another day , I havnt noticed any improvements in the 10 months out but it’s still early days apparently, I’m glad you feel a little bit better that’s a start and I hope it continues . 

Hellbutrin
On 1/18/2018 at 2:47 PM, Terry4949 said:

Hi hellbutrin I’m sorry that you still feel this way , I am still stuck in the endless wave fighting the suicidal urges is hard for me but I live another day , I havnt noticed any improvements in the 10 months out but it’s still early days apparently, I’m glad you feel a little bit better that’s a start and I hope it continues . 

Hi Terry,

How are you feeling? Did you make it out of your acute wave?

Terry4949
On 29/01/2018 at 2:07 AM, Hellbutrin said:

Hi Terry,

How are you feeling? Did you make it out of your acute wave?

Hi hellbutrin 

unfortunately nothing has changed still feeling bad and no let up in mental and physical symptoms , my pulsating tinnitus has seemed to have gotten louder which is annoying , 11 months of now but this wave has been the worst by far hoping for a break soon , how are you doing now 

Hellbutrin
10 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

Hi hellbutrin 

unfortunately nothing has changed still feeling bad and no let up in mental and physical symptoms , my pulsating tinnitus has seemed to have gotten louder which is annoying , 11 months of now but this wave has been the worst by far hoping for a break soon , how are you doing now 

What month did the tinninitus start for you? How long have you been in a wave? I'm doing about the same, still agitated constantly with broken sleep.