SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Request to people with PSSD to speak to pharmacists about PSSD.

Spruce30

This is a request to all people with PSSD to try and raise awareness about the condition by talking to pharmacists in your local area about PSSD. All you need to do is print off the Rxisk page on PSSD given here, https://rxisk.org/post-ssri-sexual-dysfunction-pssd/

Then all you have to do is go into your local pharmacies and ask to speak to the pharmacist in private. Then you give him/ her the article on PSSD, and explain a little bit about the condition (you don't have to say you have the condition yourself), you can just say you are trying to raise awareness as part of the Rxisk campaign etc. If everyone with PSSD spoke to 10 pharmacists about PSSD, it would raise a lot of awareness about the condition. Rxisk is asking people with PSSD to take action themselves and raise awareness by talking to pharmacists (and doctors if you can). Please get on board and be brave, and make the effort to speak toyour local pharmacists about PSSD. I know talking about PSSD is not easy, but we really need to make the effort to get the word out there about it.

Last took an SSRI January 2009.

Last took a benzodiazepine May 2015.

Free from all prescription medication since May 2015.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

Just a note to say i have myself spoken to about 50 pharmacists about PSSD in the last two months. About 45 of these were sympathetic and understanding, and believed PSSD existed.

About 5 responded in a hostile way, or were on the fence about PSSD. It was surprisingly easy to talk to the pharmacists about PSSD once i had done it once or twice.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

Spruce, I 100% agree with this and think everyone should do this. We need to get professionals aware of the fact that these drugs can cause permanent sexual dysfunction. The more people are aware, the more likely a cure will be found for it.

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Too true potions. Are you up for speaking to some pharmacists then potions?

Maybe this is a sign that a cure is not on the way and no pssd prize winners!

I'm not sure what talking to a pharmacist will do. What is the point of that...sorry if that's a silly question. But they have no voice.

Ive even had a pharmacist whisper ....I'm not supposed to tell you this but....

So even if they know about pssd they are not legally allowed to tell patients.

Talk to doctors....forget it!

Some of the most extraordinarily insulting comments have come from that even my new doctor raised his voice to me and thumped the desk..'what evidence, what evidence...

When I asked him if he was aware of pssd and to sign off the complaint form against my ex doctor. He finally signed the form when I pointed out time was almost up... didn't want to argue any more I guess actually he even said I'm not going to argue about this with you....but I hadn't even said anything about it...

I then went home and put together a spiral bound compilation of evidence from the Danish warnings to journal articles warnings from Mind etc and sent them to the doc and to the centre for adverse reaction management The doctor at CARM wrote back and commended me on a well put together piece with tabs to attached journal articles to back up my statements in my letter.....as for my new doctor ...never heard a word back. Just deafening silence. 

Funny I kid you not today my doctors clinic secretary rang me to check to see if I still want to remain on their books as I hadn't had an appointment for over 5 years now. I felt like saying I'm just keeping myself safe. But I didn't I just said I'm still on the books. 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

On 1/15/2018 at 4:21 AM, Spruce30 said:

Too true potions. Are you up for speaking to some pharmacists then potions?

Yes, absolutely. I'm also planning on calling multiple doctors from preferably wealthy areas (such as Boston, Manhattan, etc) to survey them about PSSD, mostly with the intention of informing them about the condition. I really think people need to stop being shy about this.

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Potions we need to find a way of mass emailing doctors and pharmacists about PSSD. If we can somehow get access to a data base of pharmacists and doctors emails, and then send the emails to Rxisk, then Rxisk will email them about PSSD. We could raise a huge amount of awareness about PSSD if we were able to do this. There must be a way to do it somehow. If we could inform most of the pharmacists and doctors in the western world, say UK, USA, and Australia, then the rest of the world would hopefully follow suit in knowing about PSSD. It is an ambitious task, but there must be a way to achieve it with the technology we have in this day and age. Please if anyone has any idea how this could be achieved, let me know on here.

And yes Nz11 I do think doing this will make a difference, although I understand your frustrations

Thanks

Are you guys printing out all 11 pages and giving it to pharmacists or just page one in the hope they will read the rest for themselves online?

I'm going to send it anonymously to my doctors clinic and one other.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Printing out all pages, highlighting the studies and that its been reviewed by Rxisks medical team. Nearly all the pharmacists I have spoken to believed PSSD exists, which is surprising, as most doctors I have spoken to don't believe it exists.