samanthaelizabeth: How do you manage to keep working while taper off

samanthaelizabeth

That sounds like a plan. I think I really messed up my system by rapidly getting off 2 years ago. I thought I didn’t need them anymore. I guess I forgot about the 5 depressions I had preceding the drugs. Although now I’m thinking the drugs made me keep getting depressed. Who really knows?  Too bad I didn’t find this site then. I was stable till I had a setback this year. Then the doctor tried a lot of things. I got very manic on them. Really bad. So, I got off almost everything too fast again. The doctor. Now I am absolutely paranoid and terrified of the drugs. Unfortunately,  I am not so happy with the depression I’m in although I had a little bit of a better day today. The depression happened before the drug withdrawal. I was trying to help it with trying all this stuff. So, how bad is your ms? That must really be difficult. You really think t was triggered by the drugs? I’m just saying, don’t think they’ll keep working for you forever. They can really turn on you. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samanthaelizabeth

• doxxigirl

• ChessieCat

• Rosetta

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, apace41 said:

What you ultimately decide to do is your decision.  Degen has given you very good information and advice.  I will say, however, that there are definitely success stories on this site and others. The suggestion that  nobody heals after tapering is not accurate and serves to unnecessarily scare members. 

Best,

Andy

I didn't "suggest" anything. I am simply gathering information for myself, so I can make an informed decsion.  The suggestion that I am unnecessarily scaring members is inaccurate.  But thank you for your opinion.

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Zoloft 200mg 1999 to 2017
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • 15 mg Remeron 2012-presnt
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • 01/18/18-present Zoloft 200mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

38 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

That sounds like a plan. I think I really messed up my system by rapidly getting off 2 years ago. I thought I didn’t need them anymore. I guess I forgot about the 5 depressions I had preceding the drugs. Although now I’m thinking the drugs made me keep getting depressed. Who really knows?  Too bad I didn’t find this site then. I was stable till I had a setback this year. Then the doctor tried a lot of things. I got very manic on them. Really bad. So, I got off almost everything too fast again. The doctor. Now I am absolutely paranoid and terrified of the drugs. Unfortunately,  I am not so happy with the depression I’m in although I had a little bit of a better day today. The depression happened before the drug withdrawal. I was trying to help it with trying all this stuff. So, how bad is your ms? That must really be difficult. You really think t was triggered by the drugs? I’m just saying, don’t think they’ll keep working for you forever. They can really turn on you. 

Yes, I know.  So the best I can hope for is trying to taper to a lower dose. I have been on this drug for 19 years so i'm sure it popped out a long time ago.  But I never noticed because I was too busy with my career.  I wll do whatever I need to in order to stay functional.  Yes, I have MS and I have been in denial about it since I was diagnosed. Even thought my last "flare up" left me unable to speak (this was managed by 5 days of IV steroids) or write with lesions in my brain so large that they looked like tumors "Tumefactive MS" Also, I do believe my very brief stint with Effexor caused an autoimmune response in my body and my body is now attacking my myelin sheath in my brain.

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

Well I guess now I won't be getting any advice for expressing my thoughts?

• magnesium, fish oil

11 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Yes, I know.  So the best I can hope for is trying to taper to a lower dose. I have been on this drug for 19 years so i'm sure it popped out a long time ago.  But I never noticed because I was too busy with my career.  I wll do whatever I need to in order to stay functional.  Yes, I have MS and I have been in denial about it since I was diagnosed. Even thought my last "flare up" left me unable to speak or write with lestions in my brain so large that they looked like tumors "Tumefactive MS" Also, I do believe my very brief stint with Effexor caused an autoimmune response in my body and my body is now attacking my myelin sheath in my brain.

Sounds like you know what you’re doing. You sound very determined. I’m sorry about your ms. That’s a big thing to have to live with.  I thought effexor was a miracle drug. Not so much now. After my rapid taper, my “psychiatrist” had me try Zoloft. It was the first one to make my hyper and manic. You’re lucky you can take it.

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

10 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Well I guess now I won't be getting any advice for expressing my thoughts?

Good for you. 

10 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Sounds like you know what you’re doing. You sound very determined. I’m sorry about your ms. That’s a big thing to have to live with.  I thought effexor was a miracle drug. Not so much now. After my rapid taper, my “psychiatrist” had me try Zoloft. It was the first one to make my hyper and manic. You’re lucky you can take it.

Well I don't know how lucky I am.  I would have never gotten on an AD if some stupid doctor didn't prescribe Ativan to me for pressure headaches.  I didn't know anything about drugs  and quit cold turkey flushing them all down the toilet  and went through hell for three months until I got on Zoloft.  Oh it makes  me so mad!

• magnesium, fish oil

9 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Well I don't know how lucky I am.  I would have never gotten on an AD if some stupid doctor didn't prescribe Ativan to me for pressure headaches.  I didn't know anything about drugs  and quit cold turkey flushing them all down the toilet  and went through hell for three months until I got on Zoloft.  Oh it makes  me so mad!

Yeah, tell me about it. I tried Ativan for a couple of weeks. My husband asked the psychiatrist for a medicine to calm me down. That’s because she upped my effexor and it made me manic. I only took if for a couple of weeks. At first, I thought it was great until it made me super depressed.  I kept begging for it after that. My husband takes it for arthritis, but in his case he is able to occasionally take it, and is not addicted to it. So, I went off that too. She really wanted me to take klonopin. But I turned that one down. I’ve been having such a good time the last few months. Yes, I’m mad too!!  

• Administrator

We don't pressure people to taper to zero. Taper to the extent you feel comfortable.

When you bring symptoms to us that sound like excessive drugs, we can only suggest reduction.

It's up to you to decide what is best for you.

PS Dr. Shipko has a rather drastic-sounding informed consent process because he wants his patients to know that going off drugs can be rocky.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We don't pressure people to taper to zero. Taper to the extent you feel comfortable.

When you bring symptoms to us that sound like excessive drugs, we can only suggest reduction.

It's up to you to decide what is best for you.

PS Dr. Shipko has a rather drastic-sounding informed consent process because he wants his patients to know that going off drugs can be rocky.

Thank you Alto.  I wasn't implying that SA was pressuring anyone to taper to zero at all.  I just don't think that it would be wise for myself to do so.  I still haven't gotten a response from Chessie about an earlier question as I was not getting a general consensus from other mods.  How long do I wait on 200 mg before I begin a slight taper?

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

Well your Intro topic has certainly had some traffic since I left for work this morning.  It's taken me a bit of time to go over what's been posted.

Instead of making a 10% reduction you could try a 5%.  I doubt that that small amount of reduction would reduce your symptoms BUT if you don't feel any worse than you do now that would mean that it is okay to continue reducing.  If 2 or 3 weeks after reducing 5% you are feeling no worse than before the reduction you could then try a 10% reduction (and hold for 4 weeks) OR do another 5% reduction (and hold for 2 or 3 weeks).  The goal is to reduce your drug load and thereby, hopefully, reduce what is possibly/probably serotonin toxicity and the uncomfortable symptoms which you are getting.  You have several options after you get your drug load lowered 1) decide that you are going to stay on that lower dose and not try and get off the drug 2) hold at that dose and you might find that you then decide to taper again at a later date 3) keep on tapering.

This is the topic discussing the SERT occupancy Why taper paper: dose-occupancy curves

And these are some excepts from it:

This first one is talking about when you take a drug, not reducing your drug.

On 07/04/2016 at 8:00 PM, ChessieCat said:

I've just found a post in someone's topic by Brassmonkey which contained this explanation:

"These drugs work by making physical changes to the nerve endings referred to as "down regulating".  In general the first 5mg (you take) affect about 60% of a persons nerve ending while (taking) 10mgs affect about 80% .  Increase the dose to 20mg and only 85% are affected. So a lot of changes happen with the first 5mgs."

I hope that helps to explain it.

On 01/08/2016 at 11:21 AM, ChessieCat said:

I found this explanation by NZ in a post to Otter:  Regarding the SERT diagram

On 31/07/2016 at 2:13 PM, nz11 said:

Regarding the SERT diagram.
Here's my take on it.
The SERT study (and its diagrams) is not about tapering per se. However it does provide a validation for the tapering regimen that is recommended on this site. And what people have found to provide the best chance of getting of these drugs and staying off.
10% of the previous dose per month tracks according to a decreasing geometric progression and provides a very close approximation to the SERT graphs. (a kind of  logrithmic curve only we are travelling in reverse direction) Which is what the mid section of these graphs follow.
Recall: Abrupt changes in serotonin levels is what can trigger suicidal and homicidal ideations.
So we do not want to taper in a manner that triggers abrupt changes in serotonin levels.

Note: The graph does not follow an arithmetic progression ie a straight line trajectory.
Hence inferring the safest way to taper and the way to follow the graphs is to make each drop smaller than the previous drop. (Done by making each successive dose a % of the previous dose, each successive drop will be smaller)
This has proven the best way to get off the drugs. It allows the brain time to adjust to a smaller dose and remain stable.

Note also how critical it is at lower doses ...the serotonin occupancy is very dose sensitive at lower levels ie at lower dose levels small changes have big effects unlike at large doses there is not so much of a change. Perhaps because there is an over-saturation of the drug.
This is why many people can get from 60 to 20 say without too much trouble but struggle to go lower after that.

Similarly you appear to have gotten from 200 to 100 okay (emphasis on 'appear to' as wdl symptoms can be delayed and we dont know what may be currently in the pipeline) but sooner or later if you don't slow down you will crash heavily.
In other words the lower you go the slower you must go. Following a straight line trajectory may eventually cause you to fall off a cliff.

Online support groups such as this have found that 10% of previous dose (not the original dose)  is the best way to taper and minimize withdrawal symptoms. Some may be able to go faster some have to go even slower.

My long pontification can be summed up in one sentence:
Alto: We show the receptor occupancy curve in reverse to suggest you have to come off the drugs slowly to match the curve and avoid causing a precipitous slide towards the end.

On 22/09/2017 at 6:56 AM, ChessieCat said:

post-5985-0-07114400-1496291012_thumb.jpg

This is a graph representing a "perfect" 10% taper of the previous dose with 4 week holds.

And brassmonkey who has been at ZERO drugs for quite a few months now:

On 22/09/2017 at 12:25 PM, brassmonkey said:

I think I'm just about the only one that I know of for an almost perfect taper.  The only variations I did were an extra two weeks when I had bronchitics at around 18mg and an extra 6 weeks at 10mg just to let things settle out.  Once I got below .75mg it was tricky to maintain 10% because of the scales, but I kept it as close as possible.  That lasted for about 6 drops.  Then again by necessity the last couple of drops were 25% and 50% because of limitations of the scales and eyeball method.  From everything I've seen I was very lucky to have such a smooth and trouble free taper. 

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCatI don't know what to do.  I'm sorry.  I am not happy right now at all.  In fact i'm sitting here crying.  I sweat profusely all day, I wake up drenched in sweat.  This hasn't happened in all the years I was taking Zoloft.  Is it possible that my very short taper and then reinstating caused this?  I can't talk to my  husband about this, he doesn't understand he hates these drugs and thinks I can just stop taking them. That's its mind over matter. I'm on the verge of going back to my doctor to switch medications.  This whole situation is going to end up landing me in the hospital. I'm only 51 years old and hopefully have 20 years left. Am I supposed to take these drugs for another 20 years, maybe I should so I don't ruin my life?  I don't even have a stable baseline from which to taper.  I am very hard on myself.  I'm pissed that wellbutrin caused me to quit all those jobs after moving here, I thought that I wasn't happy being here in another state and I was having massive panic attacks because of leaving all my friends and everything. I've ruined my career!  If I'm not happy now, what will happen to me if I taper?  I don't know how to be happy anymore without my Zoloft.  I would never be in this situation if that f'n doctor never prescribed Ativan to me back in 1999, that stuff sent me into a tail spin.  I was a hard working, strong person who went throught a lot of crap in life but handled it.  Please guide me on what to do.  I don't want to disrupt my husband's life.  He currently is thinking that i'm not working because of my MS and that is not the case at all.  Please guide me on what to do.

• magnesium, fish oil

Should I stay on 200mg for awhile longer?  I just want to be happy again.

• magnesium, fish oil

I slept good last night, Didn't even wind up on the couch like I always do because once I wake up in the middle of the night I can't go back to sleep unless i'm in a room by myself.

• magnesium, fish oil

Right now, I just wish I could take something so I could take a nap.  I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. There was no need to keep me on this drug for so long, After I stabilized from the Ativan in 1999 The doctor should have started weaning me off!  Now I don't know what to do.  I feel like these doctors have ruined what is left of my life.  I have a decision to make, stay on this drug at 200mg, start tapering, or switch meds. I've called Dr. Shipko he is in Pasadena, CA close to where I grew up, hopefully he wall return my call.

• magnesium, fish oil

• Mentor
1 hour ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

I'm only 51 years old and hopefully have 20 years left. Am I supposed to take these drugs for another 20 years, maybe I should so I don't ruin my life?  I don't even have a stable baseline from which to taper.  I am very hard on myself.  I'm pissed that wellbutrin caused me to quit all those jobs after moving here,

I can't give you any tapering advice as I did a CT of Zoloft 10 months ago a few months before finding this forum (thank god, I found it). I am 51 too and really cling to getting better as it is daunting to think that a psychodrug could ruin my life. And being in perimenopause, we women are getting a double-whammy. I cling to success stories. Thinking of you and hope you get some mod advice soon.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

I really don't know what to do.  I need some advice.  I don't want to take this drug anymore but I'm afraid to taper.  If you read my story, it's not in my intro topic but further down.  You will see what led me to take zoloft. I'm afraid that I will go back to that dark place that I was in from the Ativan in 1999.  I'm not happy now and that doesn't give me the confidence to try and taper. It's hard typing this when I would much rather talk to someone.  I just want to be happy. Maybe I should switch to another drug? I feel like i'm dammed if I do and dammed if don't.

• magnesium, fish oil

Nobody understands these drugs.  I was just speaking with my brother and trying to explain to him and he just said it takes 21 days to create an addiction and 21 days to break it!  

• magnesium, fish oil

@Altostrata I just spoke with Dr. Shipko he suggested adding Wellbutrin and not tapering the zoloft at all  He said for as long as I have been on this drug that I would end up disabled and there are no guarantee's what the end result would be.  So WTF do I do now?

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't think I need to make any comment on this:

29 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

@Altostrata I just spoke with Dr. Shipko he suggested adding Wellbutrin and not tapering the zoloft at all  He said for as long as I have been on this drug that I would end up disabled and there are no guarantee's what the end result would be.  So WTF do I do now?

Interactions between your drugs

Major

bupropion  sertraline

Applies to: Wellbutrin (bupropion), Zoloft (sertraline)

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with sertraline. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of sertraline, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Major

bupropion  mirtazapine

Applies to: Wellbutrin (bupropion), Remeron (mirtazapine)

BuPROPion may rarely cause seizures, and combining it with other medications that can also cause seizures such as mirtazapine may increase that risk. You may be more susceptible if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Great, i'm screwed!

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Please guide me on what to do.

You have been provided with all the information that we are able to give you.  You have been doing your own research.  We are not able to make the decisions for you.

Please read back through your Intro topic.

Okay, I guess my only option is to start tapering now.  I'm going to put 100mg tablet in a glass with water.  How much water do I use so I can get this down to 190mg?

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

There is a discrepancy in what you have posted.  In your own topic you said Shipko said you should taper.  Perhaps you meant should not taper.

17 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Yes, but I'm not happy now how in the world would I taper?  I spoke with Dr. Shipko today he didn't have alot of time but he told me I should taper, even slowly with the amount of time that I have been on this drug.  He said even with a slow taper I could end up disabled and there are no guarantees of what the outcome would be.  I wouldn't even consider Abilify but told me he would add Welllbutrin.  This is getting ridiculous, now I will be on 3 drugs!  I can't get a clear view of what I should be doing.

In your own topic you said not tapering:

45 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Dr. Shipko he suggested adding Wellbutrin and not tapering the zoloft at all

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, samanthaelizabeth said:

How much water do I use so I can get this down to 190mg?

This has already been explained in your topic.  The mods don't have the time or energy to continually repeat the information.  And we have many new members joining the site weekly who need to be provided with information that, unlike you, they don't have.

On 21/02/2018 at 8:49 AM, ChessieCat said:

There is a discrepancy in what you have posted.  In your own topic you said Shipko said you should taper.  Perhaps you meant should not taper.

Yes that was my error, he said not to taper.

In your own topic you said not tapering:

Edited by ChessieCat
bolded SE's reply within the quote
  • magnesium, fish oil

Sorry, I guess I'll have to figure this out for myself.

• magnesium, fish oil

On 2/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, samanthaelizabeth said:

Thank you @ChessieCat

How do I measure 100ml of water?

• magnesium, fish oil

On 2/18/2018 at 3:36 AM, ChessieCat said:

It is possible, and quite easy, to create your own liquid by dissolving Zoloft tablets in water.  You just add 100mg tablet to 100mls of water, leave overnight, stir and extract and dispose of the excess and take the rest.

I'm sorry to ask this again, but I never got an answer. How much is 100mls of water?  I only have a 5ml syringe- I would have to fill that up 5 times.  

• magnesium, fish oil

After much consideration.  I am thinking my best bet to decrease my med load would be to taper off of the Mirtazipine.  I am just going to stick with my 200mg of zoloft.

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

You could use a small cooking measuring jug to measure 100mls of liquid.  Place that in a small container which has a lid.  Add the tablet and leave overnight.  Next morning shake the container then extract 10mls with a syringe (and discard) if you are reducing to 190mgs Zoloft, or extract 20mls with a syringe (and discard) if you are reducing to 180mgs Zoloft.

Edited by ChessieCat

10 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

You could use a small cooking measuring jug to measure 100mls of liquid.  Place that in a small container which has a lid.  Add the tablet and leave overnight.  Next morning shake the container then extract 10mls with a syringe (and discard) if you are reducing to 190mgs Zoloft, or extract 20mls with a syringe (and discard) if you are reducing to 180mgs Zoloft.

Thank you @ChessieCat, I know I've been a pain. I apologize.  I think it would be best for me to taper the Mirtazipine right now.  I've been on it for 6 years and don't want to approach the 10 year mark.  I have successfully come off of it before with now problem (other than now that I think about it some nausea)  So i've we could switch over to tapering the Mirt I would be very grateful.  I've been on Zoloft for too long and don't want to rock the boat. But the Mirt- I don't want to continue taking it.  I have 15 mg tablets right now (was thinking about getting the soltabs) Could you please advise me on the tapering of Mirt?  Dissolve in water? How long can I keep the solution in water?

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

To search for topics on SA I use a search engine and include survivingantidepressants.org in my search string.

@ChessieCatWhile I appreciate everyone's help and advise on this site.  For now, I am not ready to taper anything.  My zoloft is no longer working, but I need to be in a more positive frame of mind before I can begin any kind of tapering process.  So if/when I am ready to taper I will be back for guidance.  Although, there might be another drug added to the mix!  Good luck everyone, I wish you the best! At least I learned from this site not to switch to another AD, so thank you!

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

samanthaelizabeth, please DO NOT make drug suggestions to SA members.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

samanthaelizabeth, please DO NOT make drug suggestions to SA members.  Thank you.

Sorry.

• magnesium, fish oil