samanthaelizabeth: How do you manage to keep working while taper off

samanthaelizabeth

Thank you Chessie Cat! Is it okay to take Advil I have bad headache.

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Zoloft 200mg 1999 to 2017
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • 15 mg Remeron 2012-presnt
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • 01/18/18-present Zoloft 200mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samanthaelizabeth

• doxxigirl

• ChessieCat

• Rosetta

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't wake up drenched in sweat today.  Does that mean I am starting to stabilize?

• Ativan Mid April 1999-to end of May 1999 ( COLD TURKEY and flushed them down the toilet) I went through hell for 3 months-I had no idea what was happening to me there was no information on the internet about this drug)
  • Wellbutrin 2015 6 months Started having exterme anxiety-quit taking switched back to Zoloft ( I have quit about 6 jobs from this time0  Klonopin .5-1.0 of and on for two months (tapered off in Dec-Jan)
  • **Started tapering down Zoloft 12/?/17 12/09/17 down to 50mg; 12/12/17-12/14-17 Zoloft 100mg; 12/16/201712/19 -Zoloft 150mg; 12/20/17-01/06/18 Zoloft 200mg; 01/07/18-01//18/18 Zoloft 180mg
  • February 2018-Copaxone 40mg (3 times a week shots) (for Multiple Sclerosis)2/17/18 begin transition to liquid 200mg
  • magnesium, fish oil

Hi SE 

I know that everyone loves to get an invite!

So i didn't want you to miss out and am giving you this personal invite to consider making a submission to the Scottish government on wdl difficulties.

Is that something that would interest people from 'somewhere' the Scottish government is probably over the rainbow but skies will be made blue if you could take part.

Thanks for giving it your consideration

Dorothy and nz11 oh yeah and lion.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

17 hours ago, nz11 said:

Hi SE 

So i didn't want you to miss out and am giving you this personal invite to consider making a submission to the Scottish government on wdl difficulties.

Is that something that would interest people from 'somewhere' the Scottish government is probably over the rainbow but skies will be made blue if you could take part.

Thanks for the invite!  I would like to rewrite my introduction topic, Would that be okay?  I want to write exactly how I ended up and Zoloft and Remeron and how I got to this point.  Thank you!

• magnesium, fish oil

56 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Thanks for the invite!  I would like to rewrite my introduction topic, Would that be okay?

Dearest SamanthaElizabeth.

There may be a misunderstanding here.

I was inviting you to do a submission to the Scottish Govt. -refer my drug sig. 

This may be too much for some people at this stage and that is totally fine.

As for redoing your intro topic introduction post,  at a guess i doubt the moderating team would allow you todo that as they have enough to do as is.

However there is nothing stopping you from quoting the post you want to change and then perhaps saying i want to rewrite this and then do so as a new post. 

If you are referring however to telling this to the Scottish govt. Then that would be most awesome.

nz11 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

9 minutes ago, nz11 said:

However there is nothing stopping you from quoting the post you want to change and then perhaps saying i want to rewrite this and then do so as a new post. 

If you are referring however to telling this to the Scottish govt. Then that would be most awesome.

nz11 

Okay thank you NZ!  I know you are all very busy helping people!

• magnesium, fish oil

I am feeling better.  Although, I think I am having "toxic" sleep, not sure though.  I am still sweating profusely but I do feel better.  I am waiting until I am established on  a new job and have a good routine down, before I start my Remeron taper.  I know you will all be here for me when I do.  We all are very grateful for this website and appreciate all that you do.  Why is it that doctors won't recognize the need to taper very slowly?

• magnesium, fish oil

1 hour ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

I know you are all very busy helping people!

SE i know it can be confusing at times especially when member like myself exceed our daily posting quota but just to clear up any confusion should it exist ...I am not in the moderating team (I know, i know but Alto does have standards...) ..so no I'm not busy at all.

If i could allow you to redo the  intro introduction i would no problem but i don't have those magic powers.

Recovering paxil addict

1 minute ago, nz11 said:

SE i know it can be confusing at times especially when member like myself exceed our daily posting quota but just to clear up any confusion should it exist ...I am not in the moderating team (I know, i know but Alto does have standards...)

If i could allow you to redo the  intro introduction i would no problem but i don't have those magic powers.

Oh, it's alright. I totally understand!  I am very grateful for everyone on this site.  I mean you are all making such a big impact with all you do!

• magnesium, fish oil

You are making an impact to.

Recovering paxil addict

How I came to be on Zoloft.

In 1999 I was busy with work, trying to save to buy a house and getting my Real Estate license.  Everything was going pretty good. Taxes came in and we owed money so this was going to delay my progress of buying a home.  I was having some difficulty at work with sexual harassment and other things.  But I had a great job with a world-known entertainment company.  I started getting pressure headaches and went to the doctor he gave me Ativan.  My husband was totally against it, but one night I guess I had an anxiety attack and begged him to let me take it and I did. The next day I had another anxiety attack and took another pill and so on and so on…   I didn’t understand what was happening to me.  This went on for weeks.

I started having guilty feelings and extreme anxiety ( I felt like I was going crazy).  My husband even asked me “Did someone at work put something in your drink?”  After quitting my job (which is so unlike me)  I realized that Ativan was doing something weird to me and flushed them all down the toilet.  Little did I know what I was in for. That very night, I could not sleep at all!  I had racing thoughts and so I asked my Husband to take me to the ER.  He said “they’re going to lock you up! I went anyway.  I didn’t tell them about the Ativan, who would believe me?   I’m not sure why?  I think I thought they were not going to believe me or something.  So, I just told them that I was having flashbacks and whatever.  They referred me to a Psychiatrist (fake doctor) and of course he proceeded to tell me that I was “bipolar” which I am not.  I think he said that is because they look for words that you say.  I.e.; (racking thoughts, trying to reach my goal of buying a house, etc.) He prescribed Depakote, but I took it once and never again.  I went from end of May to mid-August with ZERO sleep!  I don’t know how anyone could go that long on no sleep.

I was so angry and upset about this so-called Bipolar diagnosis, I was looking everywhere on the internet (there wasn’t much information back then) for something to tell me that I was having an Adverse Reaction, something to prove it was the drug that did this to me.  I even went to a lawyer!  Of course, they wouldn’t take my case.  Anyway, I was doing everything to get through this, I went to support groups and everything.  During this time, while always trying to fake it in front of my husband continue to do things like go to the beach or whatever, while praying the whole time.

During this 3-4 months I lost 20-25 lbs. (already very thin), I ended up at 95lb!  I was so scared that I was going to die. My husband was adamant about not using antidepressants. I even went to a hospital, but they wouldn’t admit me. Around the end of July, I started having extreme Suicidal Ideation.  I had a plan and everything.  I went to the drugstore and bought some sleeping pills and checked into a motel.  I sat there and prayed and prayed. I thought I was ruining everyone’s life and everyone would be better off without me.  I continued to pray and then I thought, maybe it could get better?  So, I checked myself out and moved in with my brother.  They were shocked at the amount of weight I had lost.

I moved back home the next day and begged my husband to take me to the doctor. This was in August, the doctor prescribed Zoloft (don’t remember the dosage) It wasn’t working, and he proceeded to up it to 200mg.  A few weeks later he added Remeron.  I successfully weaned off Remeron. At least he was smart enough to tell me to go slowly…

Fast forward to 2008 (after the RE market Crash) I felt that Zoloft was no longer working and tied Effexor for a day or two and added Remeron again (2nd time weaning of slowly) This is when I looked in the mirror and the left side of my face was drooping, like I had a stroke or something.  The doctor told me to go straight to the Hospital.  They did a CT scan and MRI and discovered that I have MS.  (who knows if this was triggered by the Effexor)

Fast forward to 2012 -we moved out of state and requested Remeron again but was not informed not to take it too close to the Zoloft and went out that night and couldn’t speak or even write.  Went to hospital again and found huge lesions in my brain and was diagnosed with Tumefactive MS ( which is a rare form of MS)  Maybe this was caused by the Remeron and Zoloft interaction??  I called my doctor and he said “ I’m sorry, yes there is an interaction with Zoloft and Remeron if you take it too close together.  Anyway, that is most of my history.  I have been afraid to ever come off of the Zoloft after what I went through that summer of ’99 with the Ativan. If I would have know that I was having withdrawal I probably could have reinstated and tapered from there and never went through any of the hell that I’ve been through.  Sadly, I will never know…

Edited by Altostrata
added paragraph spacing
  • magnesium, fish oil

I'm going to my PDOC today.  I'm going to tell hime I'm doing fine but would like to eventually do  an extremely slow taper of the Remeron.  I feel like I am possibly stabilizing on my reinstatement of Zoloft but still a little anxious, I won't tell me PDOC this...I have started my job search ( although I feel like I have ruined my career from what happenend on the Wellbutrin) I should have never switched to Wellbutrin, I didn't realize that I was having NEURO-EMOTIONS and quit job after job.  I'm glad I ddn't switch to Lexapro who knows what would have happened with that move!  I really want to get off of the Remeron before it turns on me..Is it possible to have a taper that doesn't interfere with my life?

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus

To answer your last question: yes, a very slow one.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

6 minutes ago, Gridley said:

To answer your last question: yes, a very slow one.

Thank you Gridley.  Of to the PDOC to get my prescription refilled. Have a nice day!

• magnesium, fish oil

So, I saw my PDOC today.  Told him i'm stabilizing after my reinstatement of Zoloft and requested to be tapered off of the Remeron very slowly.  I told him that I have successfully tapered off of it before but hadn't been on it as long as now (Aug 2012-present)  He said that's okay we'll just go very slowly.  So at least he is on board!  I won't be attempting this until I have established a new job and have a good routine going.

• magnesium, fish oil

I have 400mg Magnesium.  Is it okay to take this?  What about fish oil?

• magnesium, fish oil

On 2/3/2018 at 4:46 PM, nz11 said:

Hi SE 

I  have submitted my story!

• magnesium, fish oil

Wow SE that is fabulous.

Thankyou.

You have made a wonderful impact.

Recovering paxil addict

3 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Wow SE that is fabulous.

Thankyou.

You are very welcome!

• magnesium, fish oil

I am so scared to go back to work,  I have never been like this.  When I started taking the Wellbutrin In an effort to lose weight, I started in Feb. of 2012.  By the time October came around I started having ridiculous anxiety, I thought it was just being in a new town.  I couldn't even work my new job and quit.  Then I realized that Wellbutrin was  no good for me and stopped it cold turkey and went right back on Zoloft, I figured that this was okay because that's how I started taking it.  Now looking back I realize it took me 6 months to stabiliize back on the Zoloft.  Now I am so scared to go back to work, I have always been a hard worker, responsible person and confident!  Please someone give me some advice that I will be okay going back to work.  Please?

• magnesium, fish oil

I am having a blinding headache in the back right side of my head.  Can I take Ibuprofen?  What about Magnesium?

• magnesium, fish oil

Hello all.  Not that anyone will answer me as I know there are more people in dire need of help than myself.  However,  I am feeling very nauseous today.  Is this from reinstating the Zoloft?

• magnesium, fish oil

On 2/5/2018 at 3:15 PM, samanthaelizabeth said:

So, I saw my PDOC today.  Told him i'm stabilizing after my reinstatement of Zoloft and requested to be tapered off of the Remeron very slowly.  I told him that I have successfully tapered off of it before but hadn't been on it as long as now (Aug 2012-present)  He said that's okay we'll just go very slowly.  So at least he is on board!  I won't be attempting this until I have established a new job and have a good routine going.

I'm glad that your Psychiatrist is on board with your plan. Just remember to take it easy and stabilize for a few weeks before making any changes (to your life/medication). You were just in the hospital last week so you know how things can rapidly change with these medications.

Effexor: 2003 - 2018 (75-150 mgs) Off at times in 2015 and 2017. Tapered from 37.5 mgs in May of 2017 to 5? mgs at the end December of 2017 and jumped. Reinstated 5 beads on 1/16/18 after struggling with withdrawal symptoms. Upped to 37.5 mgs on 1/19/18. Feeling great as of 2/23/18.

Klonopin: 2003 - 2018 (1-3 mgs)

Supplements: Omega-3 Fish Oil (1000 mgs)

SE i just noticed you have moved location from 'somewhere' to Las Vegas' .

How exciting. 

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, samanthaelizabeth said:

I have 400mg Magnesium.  Is it okay to take this?  What about fish oil?

Please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

Please make use of the Search feature to explore. Also you can google Surviving antidepressants + [name of supplement, symptom, etc] and find many answers that way. 

16 hours ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

I am feeling very nauseous today.  Is this from reinstating the Zoloft?

Please see:

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

The symptoms checklist has nausea, along with many other symptoms:

glenmullen_symptoms_AS Appendix 1.pdf

You may find some helpful advice here:

Digestive problems: Nausea, Diarrhea, Bloating, GERD

I am feeling pretty depressed today.  I have been thinking about trying a new SSRI but I am afraid of what will happen.  I just want to get on with my life and be happy.  What should I do?  I would really like to get off of Zoloft totally but I am afraid of tapering?  If I am depressed now what will happen if I try to taper off of it?

• magnesium, fish oil

51 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

I am feeling pretty depressed today.  I have been thinking about trying a new SSRI but I am afraid of what will happen.  I just want to get on with my life and be happy.  What should I do?  I would really like to get off of Zoloft totally but I am afraid of tapering?  If I am depressed now what will happen if I try to taper off of it?

You are only about two weeks into trying to stabilize on 200mgs of Zoloft. Things are going to be VERY up and down for a bit. You need to give it time, think in terms of months. Once you are stable, then worry about the taper. When you taper from a stable position, the taper will just kind of run in the background of your life and won't interfere with you CNS like your big changes have. 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Even with my slow and careful taper over the last 2 years I have ups and downs and periods of discomfort.  There are going to be times when we suffer discomfort but we need to learn and use Non-drug techniques.  Using these can make a huge difference in how and whether a person gets off the drug/s.  There is no easy and/or quick fix.  It is going to take time.  We are so used to things being instant.  And we also want to feel/know that we are doing something.  Holding steady is doing something, even though it doesn't seem like it.

Acceptance

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Learning about these drugs is also useful.  On the links page (about half way down) there are links to things which I have found on the internet.  adwithdrawal.weebly.com

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Even with my slow and careful taper over the last 2 years I have ups and downs and periods of discomfort.  There are going to be times when we suffer discomfort but we need to learn and use Non-drug techniques.  Using these can make a huge difference in how and whether a person gets off the drug/s.  There is no easy and/or quick fix.  It is going to take time.  We are so used to things being instant.  And we also want to feel/know that we are doing something.  Holding steady is doing something, even though it doesn't seem like it.

Acceptance

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Learning about these drugs is also useful.  On the links page (about half way down) there are links to things which I have found on the internet.  adwithdrawal.weebly.com

Thank you ChessieCat!  I needed to hear this. I'm going to start going to therapy

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus
59 minutes ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

I'm going to start going to therapy

I will offer a word of caution when dealing with therapists.  Unfortunately many of them do not understand the issues that taking/changing/withdrawing from psychiatric drugs can cause.  When talking with a therapist it may be better to tell them that you want to learn skills so that you are better able to cope with life issues.  My suggestion would to not discuss the drug issues with them because they may treat you differently because it will "colour" their opinion.

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I left out that this is my website: adwithdrawal.weebly.com where you can find the links.  Or click on the link in my signature.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

I will offer a word of caution when dealing with therapists.  Unfortunately many of them do not understand the issues that taking/changing/withdrawing from psychiatric drugs can cause.  When talking with a therapist it may be better to tell them that you want to learn skills so that you are better able to cope with life issues.  My suggestion would to not discuss the drug issues with them because they may treat you differently because it will "colour" their opinion.

I left out that this is my website: adwithdrawal.weebly.com where you can find the links.  Or click on the link in my signature.

Yes, ChessieCat.  I'm going to say that I would like to learn non-drug techniques for coping with life!  Thank you, God Bless!

• magnesium, fish oil

I went to the dentist today and while sitting in the chair, I just felt like crying.  Just so upset about this whole thing with meds and what the PDocs are doing to people and my life.  After ChessieCat reached out to me, I felt better because I took some of my power back and said to myself "I'm still the same person I was before the meds and I'm not going to let them ruin my life"  I think I will have to keep drilling that in my head.  But I do feel better with some resolve in my heart!  So, i'm feeling okay right now.  Except that stuff they use to numb your mouth made me really shakey for some reason, it's never done that to me before!

• magnesium, fish oil

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Except that stuff they use to numb your mouth made me really shakey for some reason

It's the adrenaline in the injection.  It happens to me all the time.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, samanthaelizabeth said:

Except that stuff they use to numb your mouth made me really shakey for some reason, it's never done that to me before!

4 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

It's the adrenaline in the injection.  It happens to me all the time.

If you're sensitive to the adrenaline in novacaine, you could ask your dentist for carbocaine, another type of numbing agent. Carbocaine works well but it doesn't last as long, so that's a drawback  because it may mean more injections.

I've asked my dentist to use carbocaine instead of novacaine for several dental procedures during withdrawal and had no problems with it. 

8 hours ago, Shep said:

If you're sensitive to the adrenaline in novacaine, you could ask your dentist for carbocaine, another type of numbing agent. Carbocaine works well but it doesn't last as long, so that's a drawback  because it may mean more injections.

I've asked my dentist to use carbocaine instead of novacaine for several dental procedures during withdrawal and had no problems with it. 

Thank you for your response, Shep.  I slept good last night, I know this because I was dreaming..  Anyway, I noticed that you take Glycine.  Does this help you?  What does it do for you?  I think I should quit smoking to besides the health benifit, I think it is making more anxious.  I don't know why I had a Cortisol spike this morning but I don't like it as it makes me feel terribly anxious.  I also read that taking magnesium at night can reduce cortisol spikes in the morning.

• magnesium, fish oil

I'm going back to the dentist today.  Not looking forward to it as it gave me horrible anxiety yesterday, I was shaking!  Tomorrow is my Mother's birthday  (she passed away when I was ten years old from Cirrosis of the liver).  Thankfully, I don't drink.

• magnesium, fish oil