100532: Help

Hi.looking help to come off 40mg prozac using water.doc won't help by giving me liquid..been on them 11 years and was in 40 mg off propanol there until September when I suddenly stopped.due to low bp... anxirty is awful at the minute. So she wants me to go up a dose to 60mg..I don't want to .also leaving me busiprone to take twice daily.. can anyone help plzzz  😥

Edited by 100532
More words to put in

Need help to get off 40 mg prozac by using water ..anxiety awful at present and the cloud wont seem to go..can anyone advice.. do I stay on 40 or taper.so scared ..

• ChessieCat changed the title to 100532: Help
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi 100532 and welcome to SA,

The first thing we ask all new members to do is to create a drug signature using this format so we can see your drug history at a glance:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold of about 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.  The drugs change the brain and it is a physiological dependence, not physical like nicotine and caffeine.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?
If you're not having an adverse reaction from the other medications, taper the most activating drug first. This is usually an antidepressant or stimulant (ADHD drug).

Post #1 of this topic has links to how to taper different drugs:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ

I found these helped me to understand SA's recommendations:

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.  We encourage members to visit each others topics so that you can support each other.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature as previously requested.

• Moderator Emeritus

This is SA's topic:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/759-tips-for-tapering-off-prozac-fluoxetine/

If you search the site from the main page (click on the Surviving Antidepressants logo at the top left) and type in prozac in the search bar (top right) you will be able to find other members who are taking Prozac.