SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hopper: Help with boundaries

Hopper

I am ashamed of how I've been acting in the last 3-4 months. My emotions are like a ping-pong ball, and I find myself trying to make big life decisions (changing careers, moving countries, breaking up a relationship, withdrawing from friends, OCD) even though I do not really have any capacity to.

I need help and advice to self-soothe and not "dump" this all on my beloved boyfriend. 

At the moment, the only thing that works is when I work really hard at my job. It's the only time I am able to achieve some reprieve from the mental rituals in my head.

Also, how long should I wait before I can reasonably expect to be in my "right" mind again to make life decisions? I have been drug-free for 4 months (yay!). 

Oct 2007 - Jan 2009: Prozac 20mg (quit cold-turkey)

Feb 2012 - Jun 2015: Prozac 60mg (tapered in rehab) 

Jun 2016 - Aug 2017: Prozac 60mg (tapered over 4 months)

Drug-free since August 2017.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hopper: Help with boundaries
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Hopper.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

You may find these threads helpful:

Neuro-emotions

Dealing with emotional spirals

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Knowing a bit more about the withdrawal syndrome from these drugs may also be helpful:

The windows and waves pattern of stabilization

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

You may benefit from a small reinstatement of Prozac. Here are some links to get you started researching this:

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms 

If you do decide to reinstate, please note you will need to do so at a dose much smaller than what you came off at, so please post and ask questions before doing a reinstatement and we can help you set an appropriate reinstatement dose.

Please use this thread to post your symptoms and ask questions. Also, please list any supplements and any other medications in your signature.