Sheri755

Progesterone tapering compounded oral powder capsules

Sheri755

I’ve been told that progesterone interferes with GABA.  Im getting ready to taper clonazepam after being bedridden for 1.5 years from a too fast Effexor taper.

Does anyone know how to safely taper progesterone oral capsules, 200 mg?  The percentage and holding time between cuts?

HAa

Sorry for your long period aften tapering effexor. I have just started tapering effexor  and would like to avoid your situation. How fast did you taper?

Sheri755

Thank you. A little over s year but my dr said it was ok to stop st 37.5 which is where things went wrong. That’s where you especially need to be careful. There are Effexor tapering tips in the files here. Wish I had seen them sooner. Best of luck to you!

Purplerain

54 minutes ago, Sheri755 said:

I’ve been told that progesterone interferes with GABA.  Im getting ready to taper clonazepam after being bedridden for 1.5 years from a too fast Effexor taper.

Does anyone know how to safely taper progesterone oral capsules, 200 mg?  The percentage and holding time between cuts?

I’m sorry I’m not sure about the answer to your progesterone question Sheri but felt compelled to respond to you. I am tapering Effexor too. That is absolutely criminal that your doctor told you to jump off at 37.5mg and you’re still bedridden 1.5 years later because of this advice. My heart breaks for you, I hope you filed a complaint against this imcompetant doctor? Sending love xxx

HAa
3 hours ago, Sheri755 said:

Thank you. A little over s year but my dr said it was ok to stop st 37.5 which is where things went wrong. That’s where you especially need to be careful. There are Effexor tapering tips in the files here. Wish I had seen them sooner. Best of luck to you!

Thank you - Wish you all the best.