Kev93

Kev93: 3 months off Sertraline

Rosetta

I know.  My main issue is anxiety about a lot of things not just OCD type worries.  I will be glad to feel normal again, too, believe me.  How I wish I had know that ADs could make my life even worse!

Kev93

I know when I was first diagnosed with Ocd there wasn't a lot of options except ADs. I read over my post tonight from the beginning and I can see some improvement in my symptoms from then to now.

I should have written them down because up till this point I can't believe some of the things that I've been through and it's not over yet.

Sometimes I feel like this is one crazy dream.

Kev93

Last six months of being on Sertraline I had Ocd Symptoms popping up more frequently. I am wondering if the meds were not working like they were in the beginning and I was having withdrawal symptoms while I was still on it.

Is this even possible??

Rosetta

Yes.  You could have reached the point of poop-out aka tachyphylaxis.

Kev93

And it could have given me withdrawal symptoms while still taking it?

Rosetta

Yes.  That happened to me.  It's a risk of taking these drugs long term and tapering off doesn't give one the less traumatic exit it would give someone who had not reached tachyphylaxis.  Another thing no doc ever told me.  They are so ignorant and reckless.

You might have forgotten to take a dose or several or had too much alcohol or taken some other medicine that caused you to go into temporary "withdrawal."  

Kev93

Had more frequent episodes toward the end of the time I was still taking them. Thought I just needed to increase my dosage and did but that's when It landed me in the hospital because of it.

Rosetta

Yep.  That's how I got to 150 mg.