Katamari

Katamari Another venlafaxine survivor!

Katamari

I decided to write my success story while I still remember something about the withdrawal... 

My introduction topic is here: 

So, it has been few months with no symptoms at all. That is why I think about any withdrawal stuff very rarely nowadays... And I've started to forget what it was like!

I try to explain in phases how it was:
Phase 1: Started about two weeks after the last pill and lasted about 5 months. Dizziness, headache, insomnia, mild nausea.
Phase 2: Panic attack 24/7, severe anxiety, depersonalization, intense crying spells, fear of losing my mind. These were the times when I was very close to calling an ambulance. It was almost psychotic. I think this phase lasted for about 2 months.
Phase 3: Windows and waves. More or less anxiety. Introduction of long forgotten emotions, bad and good ones. In the beginning it was mostly bad ones all the time, then about fifty fifty, then more good ones than bad ones. Every wave had its own "theme" of ruminating thoughts (doom, death, shame, anger...). Very disturbing and strange. Basically anything could trigger anxiety, stress tolerance was 0. This was the longest phase, I think it took a year and a half. 
Phase 4: Anhedonia. When the constant struggle and rollercoaster had turned into being somewhat neutral, I felt depleted. It was spooky and difficult, because anhedonia is very disturbing. I hated it. Not sure how long this took, 6 months maybe? Something like that. I think this phase also included lots of confusion and an identity crisis even. 

Then suddenly I realized its been weeks after weeks feeling normal. And by normal I mean good days and not so good days. The proportions are right. Emotions are legitimate.
It was definitely a physical and psychological adaptation that took almost 3 years for me. 

I DID IT!!!

Itzakadoozee

My hero

Madeleine

Thank you so much for sharing!  I got to stage 2, then panicked and re-instated.  I will be better prepared and informed next time thanks to you and many others in the forum -- and will ride it out.   Your post will be read and re-read by me and countless others for inspiration. 
With much gratitude, 

M.

Santino

A very Good News Katamari....

Very soon i will write my own success story tooo.... 

Life is beautiful when you fight to keep it that way.

Good luck once more

gigi63
19 hours ago, Katamari said:

I decided to write my success story while I still remember something about the withdrawal... 

My introduction topic is here: 

So, it has been few months with no symptoms at all. That is why I think about any withdrawal stuff very rarely nowadays... And I've started to forget what it was like!

I try to explain in phases how it was:
Phase 1: Started about two weeks after the last pill and lasted about 5 months. Dizziness, headache, insomnia, mild nausea.
Phase 2: Panic attack 24/7, severe anxiety, depersonalization, intense crying spells, fear of losing my mind. These were the times when I was very close to calling an ambulance. It was almost psychotic. I think this phase lasted for about 2 months.
Phase 3: Windows and waves. More or less anxiety. Introduction of long forgotten emotions, bad and good ones. In the beginning it was mostly bad ones all the time, then about fifty fifty, then more good ones than bad ones. Every wave had its own "theme" of ruminating thoughts (doom, death, shame, anger...). Very disturbing and strange. Basically anything could trigger anxiety, stress tolerance was 0. This was the longest phase, I think it took a year and a half. 
Phase 4: Anhedonia. When the constant struggle and rollercoaster had turned into being somewhat neutral, I felt depleted. It was spooky and difficult, because anhedonia is very disturbing. I hated it. Not sure how long this took, 6 months maybe? Something like that. I think this phase also included lots of confusion and an identity crisis even. 

Then suddenly I realized its been weeks after weeks feeling normal. And by normal I mean good days and not so good days. The proportions are right. Emotions are legitimate.
It was definitely a physical and psychological adaptation that took almost 3 years for me. 

I DID IT!!!

Katamari, thank you so much for coming to relay your good news.  Congratulations and the very best to you!!!!  

I am am wondering if you could tell us more about the phase of anhedonia.  Can you paint a more descriptive picture of what that looked like Day in and day out.

i personally find it hard to know where I am at.  Is is the depression or anhedonia, it feels like both.  But when you speak of the depletion, boy, that resonates with me.  I do feel so depleted now, and it is pretty steady.   

Thank you again and and best wishes to you in life!!!!!  God Bless you!!!!

PSVT

Nice work!

i am around 4 months off Pristiq cold turkey and have recently just started  getting small and short lived "Windows"

Could you you detail some further information around your windows and waves experience.

thank you

Anthony

sharyn

Thank you. I enjoyed reading your success story. I am desperate to get off venlafaxine. It is so hard as I can't live without sleep. So I doing it super slowly cutting my tablets

Katamari
On 26.1.2018 at 4:39 PM, gigi63 said:

Katamari, thank you so much for coming to relay your good news.  Congratulations and the very best to you!!!!  

I am am wondering if you could tell us more about the phase of anhedonia.  Can you paint a more descriptive picture of what that looked like Day in and day out.

i personally find it hard to know where I am at.  Is is the depression or anhedonia, it feels like both.  But when you speak of the depletion, boy, that resonates with me.  I do feel so depleted now, and it is pretty steady.   

Thank you again and and best wishes to you in life!!!!!  God Bless you!!!!

Being in the middle of anhedonia is indeed very similar to being depressed. Unlike in windows and waves where living is very emotion-centered, anhedonia is very blunt. It's like ultimate laziness. Those were the days when I spent my free time on the couch doing nothing. Then I realized it has been some time of doing absolutely nothing enjoyable and I felt slightly bored but still nothing compelled. I didn't want to see other people, I just didn't care. As this went on, I started to get anxious because I had no idea how long that was going to take. And if you ask me, I rather choose intense neuro-emotions than complete emotional emptiness. Anhedonia is a waste of life and luckily it only took couple of months to pass. 

On 27.1.2018 at 7:04 AM, PSVT said:

Nice work!

i am around 4 months off Pristiq cold turkey and have recently just started  getting small and short lived "Windows"

Could you you detail some further information around your windows and waves experience.

thank you

Anthony

My introduction topic is all about windows and waves, it has very detailed descriptions of what I went through, so I'd suggest reading that. A lot of time has already passed, and I remember less about it after every month. Also, as it was the most difficult time of my life, my memories are somewhat blurred too. If you have any questions, you may need to be more specific...

Good luck!

peng

Well done, Kat.  So envious of your success - and such a fast decrease.

I take it that the dose on your second week should be 37.5mg, not 35.5mg?  The multiples of our drug sizes here are 150, 75 and 37.5mg.

Apologies for being so obsessive!