Kristine

Netflix - Dirty Money

Kristine

Just watched 1/4 of season 1 episode 3 of a documentary  series on Netflix called "Dirty Money",  Epioside 3 "drug short".  Felt my blood pressure rising so I've decided to only watch a little at a time.  Had to go outside for some fresh air and sunshine. K

wantrelief

I just saw the filmmaker interviewed - will have to check the film out.

Kristine
On 02/02/2018 at 2:29 PM, wantrelief said:

I just saw the filmmaker interviewed - will have to check the film out.

Is it the same filmmaker for the whole series? or just epoisode 3?...it isn't directly linked to psychotropic drugs but it is a disturbing insight into the greed, power and malnipulation of a pharmaceutical company and the complete lack of morality or care for the consumer.   I found it disturbing to watch but another eye opener.....good part was the company suffered a massive fall....none of the company leaders have been charged for their crimes 😕 

wantrelief

I think the same filmmaker did the whole series.  The episode does sound disturbing but educational.....I never know what I can handle and what I can't right now but would like to try to watch it to get more information about how these companies work.  I wish I was surprised that the top leaders were never charged for their crimes. :/

dj2010

watched this last week, I knew the drug companies were all about money but after watching this I realised to what extent, they are basically run by a bunch of sociopaths 

Kristine
4 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

watched this last week, I knew the drug companies were all about money but after watching this I realised to what extent, they are basically run by a bunch of sociopaths 

The term "sociopaths" crossed my mind several times.  Lost their humanity along with their morality. 

dj2010
27 minutes ago, Kristine said:

The term "sociopaths" crossed my mind several times.  Lost their humanity along with their morality. 

yep, there a special place in hell for these people

samanthaelizabeth

I'm going to watch this!