Jump to content
Hellbutrin

Why aren't there very many success stories?

Recommended Posts

Hellbutrin
1 hour ago, servadei said:

It is true that there aren't many success stories because as soon as you get your life back you don't really think about this site. I've cold turkeyed in 2015 and it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. It was an absolute nightmare, and there aren't really words to describe it. Today I'm in second year of college.. I still have a lot of problems and I don't feel normal, but it is nowhere near that nightmare. I randomly remembered how much it helped me to read success stories, hell, I would spend hours here reading the same ones over and over again. So I'm hoping this will give at least a bit of reassurance for whoever is reading this. You're all in my prayers tonight. And remember: you are way stronger and resilient than you think. 

Hi Servadei,

 

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I do appreciate the reassurance that this does eventually get better.

 

It's so hard to believe that there will be an end to all of this suffering when you go day after day without getting any relief. I don't get any enjoyment out of life, and depression constantly looms over me with a foreboding feeling of dread, and my memory is totally shot. I think that is so hard for me because I'm not familiar with feeling depression like this, I was taking Wellbutrin for anxiety, not for depression. I've had times in my life where I was down or upset, but they were always fleeting and I could always get myself out of whatever funk I was in. This is completely different. I feel terrible %100 of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rabe

You've come SO far Hellbutrin!  I thought what Alto wrote is true...and I believe that you will fully recover with time....you are already so much improved from so many of your earlier posts!!!  Take care!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
3 hours ago, Rabe said:

You've come SO far Hellbutrin!  I thought what Alto wrote is true...and I believe that you will fully recover with time....you are already so much improved from so many of your earlier posts!!!  Take care!!

Thanks Rabe, I’m so thankful for your kind words. It’s heartening to hear that I seem better even if I don’t necessarily feel better. Maybe that means that I am undergoing slow and subtle changes and I’m just not noticing them. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rabe

I truly believe it does mean that!!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456

I cold turkey off Zoloft 50mg 9 months out and I feel worse now than I did at start it's mostly mentally I feel like my brain is shutting.. is the normal at 9 months out can get worse later your off meds please can any help me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
servadei
3 minutes ago, Liamb123456 said:

I cold turkey off Zoloft 50mg 9 months out and I feel worse now than I did at start it's mostly mentally I feel like my brain is shutting.. is the normal at 9 months out can get worse later your off meds please can any help me 

Yes. It is totally normal. I felt really really bad at that time too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
1 minute ago, servadei said:

Yes. It is totally normal. I felt really really bad at that time too. 

Hey thanks for the reply did you ct meds also it's like my brain has no interest in watching television or it's like wen I'm watch I can't understand what's going on we're you like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 5/22/2018 at 5:43 AM, Hellbutrin said:

Thanks Rabe, I’m so thankful for your kind words. It’s heartening to hear that I seem better even if I don’t necessarily feel better. Maybe that means that I am undergoing slow and subtle changes and I’m just not noticing them. Thanks again

Hey what's you still suffering with since your cold turkey.. I cold turkey 9 months ago and feel like I'm getting worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
2 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

Hey what's you still suffering with since your cold turkey.. I cold turkey 9 months ago and feel like I'm getting worse 

Yes, I'm at 10.5 months out and I'm still having a really rough time. I haven't seen any improvement in my lack of positive feelings, my depression, or my memory loss. I'm just hoping that the reassurance that it improves over time is true. I guess we don't have any choice but to keep holding on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altostrata

Hellbutrin, why do I get the feeling you start topics to talk about yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin

Most of the time I do start topics to ask questions about what I'm experiencing, and to talk to others about how they're coping with similar symptoms. I thought that was the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
3 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

I cold turkey off Zoloft 50mg 9 months out and I feel worse now than I did at start it's mostly mentally I feel like my brain is shutting.. is the normal at 9 months out can get worse later your off meds please can any help me 

I totally get it Liamb123456, It's hard when you just want to get to the point where you can start feeling better and you get catapulted back into acute this far out. Lets just hang on and hopefully things will get better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altostrata

Sometimes picking at a sore makes it worse. Not brooding over your symptoms is harder, but better for you, than brooding over your symptoms.

 

Yes, we acknowledge you feel terrible. We also want you to know you need to find ways to manage this, not dwell on it.

 

I have a lot of reservations supplying a platform for people to brood. This is such an inherently negative topic, it annoys me every time I see it.

 

You'd be surprised, encouraging and supporting other people can make you feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
8 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Sometimes picking at a sore makes it worse. Not brooding over your symptoms is harder, but better for you, than brooding over your symptoms.

 

Yes, we acknowledge you feel terrible. We also want you to know you need to find ways to manage this, not dwell on it.

 

I have a lot of reservations supplying a platform for people to brood. This is such an inherently negative topic, it annoys me every time I see it.

 

You'd be surprised, encouraging and supporting other people can make you feel better.

If you think that this thread is negatively impacting anyone then please deactivate it or delete it however that works. Sorry if I annoyed you, that definitely wasn't my intention. You've been working with this forum for a long time, so I trust that you know the best approach to take when monitoring the site. I appreciate all of the feedback that I get here. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.