Dalalea

Recognizing a Silver Lining

Dalalea

What silver linings have you noticed during this horrible spot we find ourselves in? I'm practicing finding blessings in this mess to keep a positive attitude.

I'll start! I felt so terrible when I had the actual flu in January. All of my withdrawal symptoms were competing with my flu symptoms!
I feel like the flu recovery was finally happening for me and because of the horrible state I was in a few weeks ago, everything feels like a window!
I'll take windows any way I can get them!

NobodySpecial

Hey, I found that the utter heartbreak and despair has put me in touch with a tremendous wellspring of compassion and understanding for others.

I've also become MUCH better at accepting discomfort and challenge. My whole fiasco started because I was obsessed with not sleeping and hated being tired, now I have a tremendous capacity to hold that discomfort caringly and not act it out.

What other silver linings have you had @Dalalea?

Dalalea
49 minutes ago, NobodySpecial said:

What other silver linings have you had @Dalalea?

I've learned to be thankful for small improvements. The windows I have aren't totally free of symptoms so I'm practicing seeing the small steps as something to be thankful for without being so impatient. I'm also learning so much as I go that I might be able to use to help someone else.

:)

I'm learning to trust my body and adjust accordingly.

When I don't feel like moving much, I can still encourage others here!

NobodySpecial

That is so awesome @Dalalea!

I like what you said about being able to help others. There's a figure in Buddhism called the Bodhisattva and she has a load of hands all holding different things. Each thing is a way in which she (us) has been wounded, broken and ultimately transformed.

Sometimes reflecting on that is really reassuring. We help others through our own deep hurts :)