A journalist seeks UK mothers whose babies have suffered withdrawal.

Vanora

Are you a UK mother who was prescribed an antidepressant in pregnancy within the past 2 years and whose baby subsequently suffered from withdrawal? If you are in this unfortunate position and are prepared to go on the record please contact Janet Boyle at telephone: 01415672776 or email her at jboyle@sundaypost.com. I've spoken myself to Janet and I can assure you that she's a very nice person and will treat your story with all due sensitivity.   

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

You could also of course been prescribed an antidepressant prior to becoming pregnant and told it was safe to continue taking the drug.

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.