Carljungs2ndsymbol: Weaning off seroquel and luvox

Carljungs2ndsymbol

I am weaninf off seroquel and luvox using ambien and ativan.  Anyone have exp. Weaning off the 2?

1999 started Seroquel 200 mg & Luvox 100 mg.  9/2021 stopped Luvox & went down to Seroquel 100 mg.  12/19 Seroquel 50 mg, Ambien 5 mg, Unisom 25 mg, Melatonin 15 mg.  

• ChessieCat changed the title to Carljungs2ndsymbol: Weaning off seroquel and luvox
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carljungs and welcome to SA,

Before we can offer any suggestions we need you to provide your drug history.

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  This appears below every post you make.  Please update it whenever you make a change.  This is the preferred format which makes it easier for us to see your drug history at a glance:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, I am just in needed of some information on how this switch from Zoloft to Luvox--how this has been tolerated by any of you, or any knowledge and strategies as to how to switch and what to expect for example.  Thank you

Switching from Luvox 100 mg to Zoloft 100 mg

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic heading to post

1999 started Seroquel 200 mg & Luvox 100 mg.  9/2021 stopped Luvox & went down to Seroquel 100 mg.  12/19 Seroquel 50 mg, Ambien 5 mg, Unisom 25 mg, Melatonin 15 mg.  

• Moderator Emeritus

As previously requested we need you to complete your drug signature before we can offer any suggestions.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Administrator

Hello, Carljung. Very few people are on Luvox any more. You might use search in the Introductions forum for "luvox" to see if anyone has switched off it.

Why do you want make this change?

For purposes of tapering, switching from Luvox to Zoloft is not very helpful. Have you tried tapering Luvox itself?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I have been on psychiatric medications more than half my life. I feel a little dissociated.  I am looking to get some pointers and maybe learn a thing of two.  I recently just switched from Luvox 100mg to Zoloft 100 mg after being on Luvox for 18 years--a little rough.

Seroquel 300mg qhs

Zoloft 100 mg qam but going to qhs it

Ambien 5 mg qhs

Ativan 1 mg prn

unisom 25 mg qhs

melatonin 5 mg qhs

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, ChessieCat said:

As previously requested we need you to complete your drug signature before we can offer any suggestions.

This is the third request for this information.  We are making suggestions about drugs and we take this very seriously.  Because of the seriousness of this we need details of your drug history.  Please see the instructions provided in my first response.

Please note that members only have 1 Intro topic where they can ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  Please do not start any more new Intro topics.  Thank you.

Okay when I can concentrate I will try and do that.  I can just post it in the proper forum correct?

Thanks,

James

• Moderator Emeritus

Click on the link below to go to the area where you can create your drug signature.

It might help if you do it a bit at a time by writing it down on paper.  Just drugs, dates and doses.  If we want to know anything else we read back through the posts or ask you to provide the information.

Start with the most recent.  That would be helpful.  The most important is the last 2 years.  But we will need the summary of the rest as soon as possible please.

Keep it simple by following these instructions (NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you):

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CJ, 

Would you please be so kind and put in your signature as ChessieCat has requested. No one is able to help you if you don’t put in your drug signature. Just press on the link that ChessieCat gave you. Thanks. 

I’m tapering off Seroquel myself. 

Take care💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Administrator
On 12/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, Carljungs2ndsymbol said:

Hi there, I have been on psychiatric medications more than half my life. I feel a little dissociated.  I am looking to get some pointers and maybe learn a thing of two.  I recently just switched from Luvox 100mg to Zoloft 100 mg after being on Luvox for 18 years--a little rough.

Seroquel 300mg qhs

Zoloft 100 mg qam but going to qhs it

Ambien 5 mg qhs

Ativan 1 mg prn

unisom 25 mg qhs

melatonin 5 mg qhs

Hi, Carljung. What do you mean by "a little rough"?

Why did you choose to switch to Zoloft? Why are you taking all those sleep drugs?

(Yes, please put this info in your signature!)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.