anongrl5590

Any cold turkey success stories?

neurotransmission

They are not  crutch, drug itself is crutch. i tried them, they are working on me, a lot of guys experiencing they work, there is some evidence they work. Im not advocating cold - turkey. But even on cold turkey you can benefit from these augmentations. im not saying they will %100 work, but you should try.  if you response,  im just saying you gonna experience far more faster and more succesfull, less painfull taper off with this aproach. i think its very pointless to wait for months to just go half the dosage, decrease dosage by very tiny tiny amounts. I think this should be done at the last stage of taper off. Not the beginning. These drugs effiency is not linear after a dosage as you know. So tapering off for months to compensate lack of %5 effiency is pointless.  Some guys even   immediatly go half the current dosage with these augmentations without any withrawal syndroms and then continue with slower steps with minimum withrawal issues. its pointless to not use your facilities and mess with syirnge,solutions for months years.  

Hellbutrin
On 2/16/2018 at 12:19 PM, Pennylane34 said:

I cold turkeyed.  It's dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it.  But I recovered and I'm sure you will as well.

Pennylane, how long did it take for you to recover from your C/T?

Pennylane34
On 5/7/2018 at 12:53 PM, Hellbutrin said:

Pennylane, how long did it take for you to recover from your C/T?

If you click on my user name and go to my original post I laid out my entire story there.  It's not a story of recovery from a CT- it was an overall story of recovery from w/d.  I can't pinpoint the CT and say that that's the reason it was as bad as it was.  Coming off meds and tapering might have been equally as sh*tty for me.  No one is to really know...

Pennylane34
On 4/4/2018 at 1:05 PM, Liamb123456 said:

How long until you recoverd

Click my user name for the full story.

bhasski

@Pennylane34

What has helped you get back your cognitive abilities, sense of pleasure and calm ... what  proved to be of help for memory etc.. ?

I am going to read your thread again as I had done may be several times but forget.

After a 1.5 years I am now out of my city at my sister's home, but  still zombie, restless here ... the reason that I don't go any where... this crappy, sh*tty feeling makes me helpless.

Gerg

To bhasski

For me what you posted is a very important ?. Cognitive behavioral therapy is an intriguing concept that has merit. I did this in 1989 and continue to use it up till today. You use the word correctly but I sence u don't use the technique in your day to day.

I will give you a small rundown of what I have known to work, if you want to discus any at length then feel free to ask.

1. A doctor that actually is interested in your plight.

Not because he has the answeres but because you need a medical friend.

2. A social outlet eg. Club, religious.

One thing, though they need to be supportive of you for remember your illness does not define who you are.

Critical friends are worse than no friends. Do without this type of friend if they are bad for you. But if you find supportive friends you will receive much comfort as you fight your demons.

I know these (people) are hard to find but you will did them worthwhile in your quest for peace

3. Don't give Up, be resolved to be kind to yourself by being proactive. The journey of a 1,000 miles or starts with the first step.

Already you can see how I am a happy ex bipolar. The only thing in this post I feel sad about is the knowledge that you are where I was 40 years ago, so don't kid yourself into thinking it will be easy but don't convince yourself that you can't care for yourself, this will help you be calm. Your negative feelings are a result of your illness they are not you even the zombie in you is not you.

We can talk about cognitive behavioral actions and thoughts if you want to continue this post. Look it up online, "Cognitive Thinking". it is not a magic bullet but it will help you eventually get your thoughts in order.

Gerg