squirrel

Tinnitus -- What does all that noise mean?

ikam   
ikam

I don't have high BP...it usually happens just before I go to sleep, in bed and when I wake up

KarenB   
KarenB

When I've had tinnitus these are the times I get it too, though mine presented differently.  I recall that turning over in bed would set it off, and lying still made it a bit better.

ikam   
ikam

it seems similar with me, lying still makes it better...

GirlfromD   
GirlfromD

These last couple of weeks the ringing in my ears or tinitus or whatever it is, has gotten very intense, and the last week i almost feel like i can here birdsinging all the time, and it is making me crazy. Will this maybe fade soon, I hope the tinitus is better in a couple of days, because it was so intense today that i couldn't watch tv, I panicked because i thought i could hear birdsinging in the program i saw, and i need that to distract myself. I dont know what to do, this is so hard! Please help

ikam   
ikam

I have found white noise cd helpful in times...

when you get "pre-occupied" with it (I tend to do) it becomes worse...I try o minimise this, tell myself that it will pass; any additional emotions make it worse for me...

GirlfromD   
GirlfromD

I have found white noise cd helpful in times...

when you get "pre-occupied" with it (I tend to do) it becomes worse...I try o minimise this, tell myself that it will pass; any additional emotions make it worse for me...

Okay I will try that thanks. 

Cressida   
Cressida

I have a type of pulsating tinnitus in one ear. It is as if magnified heart beat that I hear in my ear. Irritating in times. Don't know if I should investigate it further or treat ad WD? I have had it for over half a year...

Has anybody have symptom like this? What could be an explanation?

Cressida   
Cressida

I ve had pulsatile tinnitus for 3 years. I hear it over the left side of my head. It has got quieter generally but the volume fluctuates with head , neck and shoulder tension. I will know I am fully recovered when it goes

Kalinia   
Kalinia

I'm just wondering if any of you suffer with ear congestion/ pressure as well? I have for a year now. It came on two weeks after stopping celexa.

I just read a lot of articles about how common tinnitus is with ssris. Just a tip that I'm sure most of you know, but white noise really helps.

Also this is worth a try.

http://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/3l3uri/these_guys_lighting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yDCox-qKbk

ChessieCat   
ChessieCat

One of my withdrawal symptoms when I have dropped too much is ear pressure and sometimes I have had pain with it.  A couple of times it was so bad that I updosed.  On a couple of other occasions I was able to put up with it and didn't updose and it improved.

At one time my tinnitus was really bad and was driving me nuts but I have found that as my dose has got lower it is barely there and hardly bothers me now.

Junglechicken   
Junglechicken

Mine is still going strong after 14 months.

That oh so lovely high pitched tone that can suddenly drop in pitch or intensity.

Mimi11   
Mimi11

I have head noise and tinnitus. The tinnitus comes and goes and mostly notice at night, but the head noise (hard to describe other than that) has been a pretty much constant companion throughout WD. Interestingly enough, it has really lessened in the last couple of weeks, almost imperceptible. I wake up in the morning and my head (brain) is quiet. First time in 16 months. 

Survivor1   
Survivor1

I have head noises (seeing some improvement) and myoclonus of the stapedial muscle in the left ear.  Had it really bad after klonopin wd, and went away eventually.  Restarted after several rapid tapers/ct's.

Have about 10 episodes a day, sometimes it is painful and disorienting - feels like a hard slap inside the head; many times it is faint only.  Yesterday had a 5-min continuous episode and ear was smarting after :( .  I hope it goes away, only then can I resume my taper.

Bobo32   
Bobo32

I've had bad ear congestion and tinnitus while taking xanax and lexapro. Congestion went away when I stopped xanax. Now I quit lexapro but tinnitus is stills there. Lower but still there. Anything helped with that? Now I'm 2 weeks off lexapro but still have tinnitus

Why   
Why

I have this as well.

And like of most of others is mostly in my left ear.

Some thoughts on it :

-since it comes and goes away, and changes intensity, shouldn't it be related to chemical changes in the brain, instead of structural damage of it?

-it's mostly on one side (left). We should investigate what's the morphological/chemical difference between the two sides

What do you think guys?

ikam   
ikam

My tinnitus has become much worse since colonoscopy. I am unsure why. Maybe because of sedation. Also stress, anxiety. Possibly low iron, anemia...

I used to have only pulsstille tinnitus in one ear, now I have this high pitch sound, kind of in the middle of head. Always when it is quieter...

Trying to ignore it, which is not easy

Aelius   
Aelius

I`ve had persistent tinnitus since 18th February after commig off of Buspirone completely. Like most of other people here I have it in my left ear. I had four good days when it was completely silent but after going swimming two weeks ago everything got worse and I can hear it all day long. I joined Tinnitus Sufferers group on FB with more than 14 thousand members. Some people there have T for years after going off of ADs. From what I have learned there`s a high probability T will never go away once it`s activated.

ikam   
ikam

it has been on increase with me...hissing has been moreless continuous...

ikam   
ikam

Hopeful:

Does tinnitus ever go away?

Studies have indicated that, even without any ‘treatment’, the noises disappear or at least diminish in the majority of cases, as the brain loses interest in and stops surveying the signal. This process is called ‘habituation’ and it can take several months or years.

Tinnitus can become emotionally distressing in the initial period. This is commonly due to misconceptions as to the cause, prognosis and management of tinnitus.

There is also a general feeling of not being taken seriously by the medical profession. Many are told: ‘It is not serious, there is no cure, and you have to learn to live with it’. It can be argued that this is, to a certain extent true.

In most cases there is not a serious underlying medical condition and you will gradually learn to stop paying attention to the tinnitus noises, in the same way that you ignore all the other ‘predictable’ noises of daily life. Reaction to these sounds are more dependent on your frame of mind and reaction, than the actual sound itself.

Bobo32   
Bobo32

4 months off. Improved tinnitus but still there. I dont want to reinstate but im wondering if thats the only thing that will make it go away 

anyone had a relief from tinnitus without having to reinstate ?

scallywag   
scallywag

Bobo: I haved moved your post from the topic "Ear Issues - Blocked Ears, ETD, and tinnitus" to this topic that is specifically about tinnitus.

On 2017-07-12 at 2:17 PM, Bobo32 said:

4 months off. Improved tinnitus but still there. I dont want to reinstate but im wondering if thats the only thing that will make it go away 

anyone had a relief from tinnitus without having to reinstate ?

Please read this topic from the first post for answers to your question.

ikam   
ikam

Went to see my gp, she said I have something Edith eardrum, called retracted eardrum which causes tinnitus https://medicalfoster.com/retracted-eardrum/

I will have hearing test and then long waiting for ent doctor

In the meantime my tinnitus is far worse, I have two, pulsation at night and hissing during the day...