☼ Deathstroke51432: military officer needing help in withdrawing from risperidone

Deathstroke51432

Hi... i dont know how to create a thread so em posting here. 

I took weed for a specific amount of time, non stop, for a week day and night... i got a mania. I was referred to a hospital where they gave me sleep injections. I went to sleep. The next day i was fine . After about 5 days, they started my medication which was forced. I took risperidone 4 mg at day and night for almost 2 months and then 3 mg for about 2 weeks and 2 mg for 2 weeks then went cold turkey. I dont have any emotions. I cant listen to music. All my emotions are lost. I cannot smile nor i feel any joy. Basically i feel soul less. Can anyone help me when i will be ok?? When i will get my old self back bcz i was smart, i was happy and i was very sharp. All those things are gone now. How can i get them back??

Any help in this regard, i will be grateful. Will i ever recover from this???

jAsonvorhees007😎

Hi... i dont know how to create a thread so em posting here. 

I took weed for a specific amount of time, non stop, for a week day and night... i got a mania. I was referred to a hospital where they gave me sleep injections. I went to sleep. The next day i was fine . After about 5 days, they started my medication which was forced. I took risperidone 4 mg at day and night for almost 2 months and then 3 mg for about 2 weeks and 2 mg for 2 weeks then went cold turkey. I dont have any emotions. I cant listen to music. All my emotions are lost. I cannot smile nor i feel any joy. Basically i feel soul less. Can anyone help me when i will be ok?? When i will get my old self back bcz i was smart, i was happy and i was very sharp. All those things are gone now. How can i get them back??

Any help in this regard, i will be grateful. Will i ever get my old self back. Here i should also mention its been almost a month and i am feeling a little better. Earlier i was void of full emotions. I couldnt talk to anyone but now i can talk atleast with people. But i am getting alone. I cannot concentrate etc. 

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Altostrata changed the title to Deathstroke51432 Risperidone withdrawl
  • Administrator

Welcome, Deathstroke.

These drugs smother emotions, that is how they work. Your emotions will very gradually come back, you'll have to be patient and give it time. possibly over many months. It's a good sign you're feeling a little better already.

Your system may be sensitized from going on and off drugs. If I were you, I'd stay away from weed for a good while.

Please note that you have been identified by the medical system as someone who needs an antipsychotic drug such as risperidone. If you behave oddly and get sent to a hospital, it's highly likely you will be drugged again, with high dosages. To take care of yourself and stay out of the hospital, you will need to manage your behavior. Make sure you get good sleep, avoid street drugs, and don't be wild.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Deathstroke.

These drugs smother emotions, that is how they work. Your emotions will very gradually come back, you'll have to be patient and give it time. possibly over many months. It's a good sign you're feeling a little better already.

Your system may be sensitized from going on and off drugs. If I were you, I'd stay away from weed for a good while.

Please note that you have been identified by the medical system as someone who needs an antipsychotic drug such as risperidone. If you behave oddly and get sent to a hospital, it's highly likely you will be drugged again, with high dosages. To take care of yourself and stay out of the hospital, you will need to manage your behavior. Make sure you get good sleep, avoid street drugs, and don't be wild.

Thank u so much Altostrata for replying. I am already feeling much better as the days are passing. Each day, i am seeing improvement in my self. But one thing i should mention is i was having insomnia after quiting the drug and my voice was also kind of numb. I told my pdoc about it and he advised me a sleeping pill. That did some miracle. It was like i wasnt able to sleep like a baby since december. But after taking that sleeping pill, i slept like a baby, almost 9 hours.  The next day i woke up, my voice was back to as normal as it was and my emotions and activities are increasing by day. Will update as the days pass by. Also i should mention, my memory has got very weak.. what about that?

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Administrator

Same as with other residue from taking the drug -- memory fog will very, very gradually go away.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Same as with other residue from taking the drug -- memory fog will very, very gradually go away.

One thing i want to ask is, i havent seen a single post or searched complete internet, not seen a single post where it says anyone fully recovered from this anti psychotic. This way, i lose hope.. can anyone tell me anything about that?

jAsonvorhees007😎

I posted earlier also but guess no one is bothering. I am very much depressed because my questions are unanswered and no one gives me a clear idea what is happening. So the thing i will tell my story completely and i beg of u all to please answer it. Answer in anyways but please answer.

So my story begins as i am a militaty officer. I was very sharp from beginning. Full of ideas. Full of life. Very happy. Got married at the age of 25. Loved gadgets and playing playstation and xbox. Full of knowledge. Very much motivated.

My only mistake was i was an ocassional smoker of weed (cannabis). Used to smoke it once a month or ever after months for 1 day or two. 

Problem started when i started smoking it daily from last year november. I used to play playstation and xbox all night and started to sleep less. I started to speak too much(that i am told by my wife otherwise i was a quick talker). 

Slowly i got addicted to weed and i didnt even realize it. For the 1st time in my life, i bought weed myself from a local drug dealer. I think it was not synthisized ( i mean i was a casual smoker so i didnt know how to make it and i used to smoke it in cigarettes. I used to mix it directly with tobacco without heating it much and then smoking it). I smoked it day and night for almost 7 days. 3 x cigarettes a day or may be 4. I restricted my self in a room and kept on smoking it and watching movies. Slowly i started to sleep less ( 2 or 3 hours ) and didnt feel any hunger also. Started to call people, friends, parents and started to speak very fast. Fast thoughts were coming in my mind and it was like no one was understanding me. I started to act crazy. 

This night, i didnt sleep for a minute and i kept on talking. (Mostly crazy) and i felt like no one was understanding me. My soldiers started to notice change in my behaviour. (Here i would like to mention is that whenever i used to use cannabis, the next day i used to feel a little angry and getting annoyed on little things.)

In the morning, they took me home as i was staying in my unit. On my way back, i kept on talking crazy and kept on even hitting people on little things. I went back to my wife and she noticed something was wrong as she was notified before me arriving at home. I also hit her even if she did not agree with me on some stupid issue. I was out of control. 

So my soldiers and officers tied me and took me to a psychiatrist ward in a military hospital. No one except me knew that this all happened bcz of weed. Everyone thought i was in my room and started to act crazy. ( here i am mentioning that no one, i mean no one except me knew this all happened bcz of weed. As i am an officer, i had a seperate room. No one was allowed to come without permission and i locked my self inside smoking weed and watching movies so no one knew what was going on inside. )

Now the Pdoc gave me some sleeping injections and i went to sleep. They kept me sedated for 2 days. I kept on sleeping. They took my urine samples to check for any substance or drug. I dont know what happened (may be poor lab test) but nothing came in my urine test. 

After keeping me for 2 days, they referred me to a big Military hospital. I started to come back to normal senses and i was ok. I was kept there as bigger military hospital officers ward for 5 days where they gave me some drips bcz i was dehydrated so my body could coop up and took my different tests. Neurological tests, MRE etc for 5 days. I started to come back to normal but i was too afraid to tell anyone about weed in case i would loose my job. So i did not tell anyone. After 5 days, i was ok. But i was now referred to a psych ward in this big military hospital and they, without asking me anything, after watching my old report, admitted me there and forcefully started giving me injections and medicine.  I told them i am ok and please discharge me from hospital but no one was listening as it was a military hospital and doctors were acting like a*******. I didnt even know what medicines i was being given. Slowly i started to loose interest in everything.  Doctors were least bothered about my condition which was getting worsen and i was in hell. I didnt know that risperidone was the culprit which was ruining me. They thought i got mania bcz of whether effect or environmental effect or something but i knew the truth which i kept from the authorities or else i wouldve lost my job. My condition was getting worse. They were giving me many medicines including dosak, resperidone, kempro, and many more i dont even remember names. 

Please do not get bored bcz this is a long story and i do not want to miss any detail.

So they admitted me there for 2 and half months forcefully giving me the medicines.  My life was becoming hell. I got quiet. I couldn't speak with anyone.  Started to develop tardiv dyskensia. Couldn't sit at any place or stand. Couldn't feel anything. It was like i became soul less. They discharged me after 2 and half months telling me now i was ok but should not miss a single dose of risperidone and other drugs else i would be admitted again and get sick etc etc. From day 1, no one told me what was wrong with me or why i was being given those medications. 

As the days passed, my wife was scared as they only told her this thing that they gave me anti psychotics so she couldnt miss a single doze so she was afraid and started to give me those medicines. Day by day, i was getting worse. My head was exploding. One time i was ok and then i would get downers. It was like i used to get deep depression and after a wave, it used to get over. I cannot explain the feeling. The pain was getting out of control. I couldnt sleep. I couldnt pass the time. Those medicines were killing me. When i couldn't bear, i told my wife at last that this all happened because of weed and i am dying because of these medicines. I couldnt even move. I couldnt speak. I couldnt leave my bed. I was like paralyzed. A friend of mine told me that this risperidone is killing you and eating your brains. Leave it cold turkey as soon as you can bcz those doctors started me off with 4 mg and now i was at 2mg as they were least bothered about my condition. They just used to look at my face and leave. 

When i could not bear, i went to a private doctor, i told him the reality about weed and this whole story, he told me i had a substance induced psychosis but i told him that if i wouldve been left as i was, i wouldve been ok now. So that private doctor immidiately stopped my risperidone cold turkey and gave me some other drugs to counter the damage which was done in military hospital.

Now i started to recover slowly. My exploding head stopped. My confidence very slowly started to build and i started to speak again . Started to use social media again but now i started to have insomnia. They gave me a sleeping tab and after about december, i slept like a baby for 1st time.  I am slowly getting better now but my question here is, will i fully ever get recovered? I usually do not want to go anywhere. Now i dont feel as i used to feel. I feel like i have been changed. My feelings are numb.  And without sleeping pill, i cannot sleep. 

Will i ever recover? Or has anyone ever recovered? I am sorry for a long story but no one was answering my early thread. Here i should mention that i m seeing improvements as the days are passing. But i want some miracle. My memory has gone very weak and my interest in my playstation and xbox have been gone. I dont smile on any funny clip or joke i see on social media and i feel dead inside ( but its slowly getting better). 

Edited by Songbird
masked expletive

jAsonvorhees007😎

I should also mention that one of my friend and one doctor told me that if i was to let go, i would've been ok. I didnot need that horrible treatment. That was only weed overdose and that was it. 

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Deathstroke 51432...quite a name you have there! :)  I am sorry you are struggling and i don't have time for a long response. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.  There is lots of good informaiton on this site. I was not able to glean from your information if you are still on risperdal or tapering?.  It takes a long time for bodies to heal.  There is no miracle unfortunately.  But there are people who have found success and happiness after years of struggling.  It will take time and it is important to focus on the improvements you are already experiencing.  I have read that people do recover after tapering risperdal. My 22 year old daughter is going through a taper now. It has been very difficult for her but we are seeing some signs of her normal personality showing through, the lower her dose gets.  I don't believe she will ever return to 'normal' until she is off of this drug completelhy and then months (maybe years) go by.  But the most important thing is that i believe she will recover.  Hang in there.  All of us want the answer to be easy and unfortunately, it is not.  You can get through this.  I wish you peace in your journey.

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

50 minutes ago, Glosmom said:

HI Deathstroke 51432...quite a name you have there! :)  I am sorry you are struggling and i don't have time for a long response. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.  There is lots of good informaiton on this site. I was not able to glean from your information if you are still on risperdal or tapering?.  It takes a long time for bodies to heal.  There is no miracle unfortunately.  But there are people who have found success and happiness after years of struggling.  It will take time and it is important to focus on the improvements you are already experiencing.  I have read that people do recover after tapering risperdal. My 22 year old daughter is going through a taper now. It has been very difficult for her but we are seeing some signs of her normal personality showing through, the lower her dose gets.  I don't believe she will ever return to 'normal' until she is off of this drug completelhy and then months (maybe years) go by.  But the most important thing is that i believe she will recover.  Hang in there.  All of us want the answer to be easy and unfortunately, it is not.  You can get through this.  I wish you peace in your journey.

Thank you so much maam for ur response. And yes i m off of that horrible drug now and i wish your daughter gets off of that drug too.. as soon as possible. Maam this drug rips everything away from you and i have heard that it takes away your brilliance. I bet your daughter was a brilliant girl with flight of ideas and creativity that is y these bloody pdocs (who even themselves dont know what this drug does) have recommended for her. But maam believe me, she will always complain for rest of her life for getting her past life back. I wish you are right and i get myself back bcz as far as i have heard, people dont get recovered, they just accept the new "you". Peace maam and thanks once again

jAsonvorhees007😎

Oh wow, I hope you feel better soon. I’m currently looking for a miracle too. Sadly, there is none that I know of. Like someone said above, this site is full of great resources and reads. I discover new things people write and honestly the more you know the better.

I tapered over a year ago and ultimately stopped in December 2017. I’m still having quite a difficult time to adjust to regular life. A good analogy I read either here or another site was that our ”brains are like computers. We’re injured so it tries to do updates everyday.”

I was on antidepressants when I was active duty (enlisted). Ultimately I was honorably with medical discharge due to the antidepressants.

• 2003-2006: Fluoxitine 
  • 2013-2015: Seroquel XR 600mg
  • 2016-2017: Seroquel XR 600mg Celexa 60mg, Lamictal 200mg, Ability 2mg, Minipress 4mg, Valium 2mg 
  • 2017 April: Celexa 40mg, Lamictal 100mg
  • 2017 July: Celexa 20mg, Lamictal 50mg
  • 2017 Sep: Celexa 10mg / Oct: 5mg / Nov: 2mg / Dec 4th: Quit

My introduction

*I am not a medical professional. All my comments are based on personal opinion. Please consult a knowledgeable medical professional for further help.

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Deathstroke51432 said:

I posted earlier also but guess no one is bothering. I am very much depressed because my questions are unanswered and no one gives me a clear idea what is happening. So the thing i will tell my story completely and i beg of u all to please answer it. Answer in anyways but please answer.

Alto responded yesterday to your post, so your questions are not unanswered. Moderators are volunteers, and it may take a while to get a response. 

I've merged your post onto this thread, your introductory thread. It will get more views here; please don't start additional new threads.

Although withdrawal can be difficult, healing is very possible. You might want to read some of the success stories here. Brassmonkey is a moderator who has successfully come off a very potent drug (Paxil) and is doing very well.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Altostrata changed the title to Deathstroke51432 Military officer Needing help in withdrawing from risperidone

Hello everyone... so i came to know the reason y i am already feeling better... lol... i m feeling like a football here... so anti pyschotics screwed my mind, took away feelings and dopamine and serotonin etc... now i am prescribed anti depressant for getting everything back. I dont know what these pdocs are upto.. they are playing with my brain just like a football... and they even dont know what is wrong with me... here i m wishing to die... but at the same time i m smiling at my self... they screwed my mind which was ok before taking any medicine..

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

Could you do your drug signature (psychiatric drug history)?  Here's how:

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello everyone... so i came back to tell my tale again... i have been seeing mark improvement. Day by day, i am getting my old self back. Though i m on SSRIs and anti anxiety tabs but i m getting my self slowly. U got to have patience. And find a good pdoc. Bcz most of em are assholes and mess u up real bad. So i didnt do anything on my own other than changing a pdoc and thankfully i got a best one. Improvements are here. I m getting back to my life. Making jokes again, lil bit of enjoying music... and let me tell u again, have patience. Initially It looks like there is only darkness and no hope of light but let me assure u, slowly and gradually u get urself back. Rightnow, i m having problem of isomnia which is also getting better slowly. Guess brain is rewiring itself again...

Peace and best of luck for all.... 

jAsonvorhees007😎

Hello everyone again... its me, again... so i have been seeing mark improvement in my condition day by day, guess my nervous system is adjusting itself. Memory Fog is almost completely gone and emotions are almost fully back. Started listening to songs and enjoying. Feels like got my old self back. You just need to calm down and give your nervous system time to readjust itself to normal.  

Will update further.. peace out and best of luck

jAsonvorhees007😎

• 2 weeks later...

well deathstroke my friend...i am saddened by hearing what you had to go through...I read it all...I will advise you to read resperdalhater post on this site.According to him it will take you a year to completely recover probably...Anyways weed is still much more damaging as i have researched compared to risperidon...For docs tested your blood test and knew you were avid weed taker for them it was either leaving you to cause yourself more harm woth weeds or saving you by giving you some harm for some months/1-2year.I strongly oppose weed and risperdal equally.I feel what you actually needed was a better guidance by a more matured and experienced elder of yours...Weed is good if taken only once in life to experience its dopamine boost..Respiridone is good only if 0.10mg is taken once in life...Yet here we are...I would advuse you to be in a better company i feel you were being isolated in life as-1-you played x box alone not in company of 6-7friends.

2-you army officer and were allowed a separate room for too much time.

3-I really suspect the maturedness of people around you..Even army officers are supposed to be very strict and here superiors get to know if their subordinate is having weed.They just allow it in control.

4-Looks like someone superior left you alone to wander and get in trouble...I advise to seek a better friends and army superiors as they cant just help you come out clean now.Move out to a new state and keep reading this forum.You deserve a better social and army circle..

23rd april2018- 26th april2018-risperdal 1mg

27th october2018- 31st february 2021- clonazepam 0.5mg per day

March 2021- February 2022- Abilify 10mg or 20mg per day

+ few other antidepressants i recheck and write names

On 5/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, Himesh6547 said:

well deathstroke my friend...i am saddened by hearing what you had to go through...I read it all...I will advise you to read resperdalhater post on this site.According to him it will take you a year to completely recover probably...Anyways weed is still much more damaging as i have researched compared to risperidon...For docs tested your blood test and knew you were avid weed taker for them it was either leaving you to cause yourself more harm woth weeds or saving you by giving you some harm for some months/1-2year.I strongly oppose weed and risperdal equally.I feel what you actually needed was a better guidance by a more matured and experienced elder of yours...Weed is good if taken only once in life to experience its dopamine boost..Respiridone is good only if 0.10mg is taken once in life...Yet here we are...I would advuse you to be in a better company i feel you were being isolated in life as-1-you played x box alone not in company of 6-7friends.

2-you army officer and were allowed a separate room for too much time.

3-I really suspect the maturedness of people around you..Even army officers are supposed to be very strict and here superiors get to know if their subordinate is having weed.They just allow it in control.

4-Looks like someone superior left you alone to wander and get in trouble...I advise to seek a better friends and army superiors as they cant just help you come out clean now.Move out to a new state and keep reading this forum.You deserve a better social and army circle..

Thanks bro for posting comment. So i was put on Bromazepam 3 mg and cipralex 10 mg (SSRI) and feeling better. As my pdoc stopped my Bromazepam, i was ok till 3 x days then started to feel low in energy. Now the condition is same. I dont know will i ever recover from risperidone or not but there was a fellow officer who was also given the same treatment and he says that he recovered completely and is drug free for almost 3 years now. ( he was put on medicines for 1 year , same issue ). Lets see what happens. Emotions are still flat... 

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/1/2018 at 10:07 AM, Gridley said:

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 

Please add a signature when you get a chance. This will help people see at a glance where you are at.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Read my story, I fully recover!! good luck, it will take time, maybe a year or more, but u will recover. Supplements like Vitamine b complex helped me.

On Risperdal 6 mg a day from february to june

Now on Abilify 20mg Depakine ?mg and seroquel 200 mg

I was I in this hell for almost 2 years, it makes me so angry that other people have to experience this and there is nothing that  I can do to stop it.....

9 hours ago, NicoBicko said:

I was I in this hell for almost 2 years, it makes me so angry that other people have to experience this and there is nothing that  I can do to stop it.....

Thanks u Nico.. i will read ur story and thanks for giving me hope... p.s i was feeling low in energy due to my fever lol.. actually i m much more afraid than anyone can possibly think.. i dont have bipolar for sure but as i feel a lil upset, i start to do my self diagnosis (thanks to reading everything available on internet which messed up my mind even more) and think that all those problems are definitely in me... 😁

jAsonvorhees007😎

I can understand u, but as far as I know there are much more recovery story than mine, especially on this website(I can send u the links if u want), I did the same and the worst thing for me was that I could hardly find a recovery story... My family told me that most of the people who fully recover would not write anymore because they want to leave this bad time behind them, I didn't believe it but now I can see it on myself, so don't get afraid if u only read bad things :) and don't get mad about your diagnosis, that don't mean much especially for mentally diseases. I've got like 5 different diagnosis and neither one of them is really correct:) so be critical especially towards the medication!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, NicoBicko said:

I can understand u, but as far as I know there are much more recovery story than mine, especially on this website(I can send u the links if u want), I did the same and the worst thing for me was that I could hardly find a recovery story... My family told me that most of the people who fully recover would not write anymore because they want to leave this bad time behind them, I didn't believe it but now I can see it on myself, so don't get afraid if u only read bad things :) and don't get mad about your diagnosis, that don't mean much especially for mentally diseases. I've got like 5 different diagnosis and neither one of them is really correct:) so be critical especially towards the medication!!

I agree bro... By the grace of Almighty God, i have recovered fully... it took me a total of 90 days approx to recover... though everyday was difficult, the recovery was slow but it was improving day by day... initially i had insomnia which also has recovered.  Now i am one hundred percent ok.. and u r right... as i recovered, i forgot to come back to this forum... so all those people who feel hope is lost, it is not lost,.. just hang on and u will be alright... i thank everyone on this forum to give me hope.. and if i have made it through, u also can... just wait for a while.. and about emotions getting flat, they are also back.. i am back to my old self, rather i am much better and sweeter than i ever used to be... much more mature...

jAsonvorhees007😎

Are you still on an antidepressant?

Mid 2014 - June 2016 (~ 2.5 yrs): sertraline 75mg. Under advice of my Pysch NP, weaned off in 1 month

Sept 2017 - Feb 2017 (6 months): Latuda (dose 20mg up to 80mg). Under advice of Psych NP, weaned off in 6 weeks (Jan - mid Feb). Tirtated down 20mg every 2 weeks.

Nov 2017 - Feb 2017 (3 months): lamictal 100mg. Abruptly taken off. This was the "wean": 100mg, 50mg, then off

Feb 2017: sertraline 150mg for 1 week to bring me out of a severe suicidal depression. Abruptly stopped due to serotonin syndrome. Tried to reinstate 50mg a week later, but the serotonin syndrome symptoms came back. Not possible to reinstate sertraline.

March 2017: remeron 7.5mg. Took one dose that knocked me out for two days. Refused to take it again

February 2017 - March 2017: Ativan 1mg. Took 5 pills total spread out over the course of 3 weeks. No longer taking it.

6/16/18 - 6/26: celexa 1.25mg

6/27/18 - 6/29: celexa 2.5mg, 6/29 had burning and agitation within 30min of dose

6/30/18 - present: celexa 1.25mg

• ChessieCat changed the title to Deathstroke51432: Military officer needing help in withdrawing from risperidone
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 5/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, Gridley said:

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

9 hours ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

Are you still on an antidepressant?

Yes i am on Cipralex(escitalopram) 2.5 mg which will be stopped completely next month. 

Other combinations i am using are listed as under:

Morning Cipralex (escitalopram) 2.5 mg + Epival ( Sodium Valporate ) 500 mg

Evening : Lamnet ( Lamotrigine) 100 mg

Night : Epival ( Sodium Valporate ) 500 mg

Next month, Cipralex will be stopped completely.  Though tapper has been gradual, it helped alot.

Will update the forum again soon. 

jAsonvorhees007😎

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.... update here

Morning : Epival ( Sodium Valporate ) 500 mg

Evening : Lamnet ( Lamotrigine) 100 mg

Night : Epival ( Sodium Valporate ) 500 mg

anti depressant is out now.... feeling better than ever.. thanks to Almighty God 

jAsonvorhees007😎

On 4/30/2018 at 9:01 PM, Glosmom said:

Ma'am thank u so much for giving me hope... u were right... waiting was worth it... thank u everyone here

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so glad to hear you are doing better deathstroke51432!   Continue to take it one day at a time and even if you have days in the future where you don't feel so well, remember you made it through the worst of it.  Great work!!  Stay safe and may Peace be with you! glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, Glosmom said:

I am so glad to hear you are doing better deathstroke51432!   Continue to take it one day at a time and even if you have days in the future where you don't feel so well, remember you made it through the worst of it.  Great work!!  Stay safe and may Peace be with you! glosmom

Ma'am thank u so much... 

I m really lucky when i compare myself with other people's story...

My dose now is

Divalproex Sodium a.k.a Epival 500 mg 1 x day and 1 x night.

Lamotrigine has also been excluded.. 

And ma'am the only drug which was killing me was risperidone... personally; i will never advise anyone to take any psych drug ever... even anti depressant of lowest dose damages ur brain... 

Any drug related to ur brain, i cannot heal it... y? I have researched it alot

Your brain is just like a circuit board... u cannot change its circuits... u can temporarily change the electronic pulses using these drugs but once u r off of these drugs, it rewires itself back to default... just like it was before using any drugs.. y u feel withdrawal symptoms? That is bcz rewiring itself is not a pleasant experience.. it rewires itself fast and u cannot bear it, once u cannot bear it, u take more drugs screwing ur circuits even more... 

Psych related drugs can numb ur brain but can never ever cure it... that is y, there is no cure for psych diseases, they can only be treated (as i told u about circuits ) .... that is y they tell u to keep on taking the drug and not to miss any dose coz they want to keep ur brain numb...

It is a long debate but to cut it short, i have seen people who were better without using any drugs and suffered more in a longer run once they were put on drugs instead of people who are living with the disease and have tried and almost successfully succeeded to manage it without any medicines ... bcz after all, it is ur mind, not cancer that u cannot overcome... i have seen a schizophrenic girl, on Ted Ex as well she talks, she has managed it and was saying that she still sees giant spiders and horrifying clowns among people even when she was adressing the people so... yeah... it is a long debate...

But best of luck to all who are struggling... 

Do not give up... Life is much more beautiful than u can possibly think of... u just need to explore it..

I m the one who survived and i thank u all for helping me get through...

I was once told be a friend from one of this group that people who recover do not come back here to post again and he was right... people do not... they want to leave that horrible life behind so any one who is reading this thread, please do not give up by thinking that u have not found any success story on internet or here so far coz on internet, u wont find answers or anything.... 

Best of luck to all...

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Deathstroke,

So glad to hear you are doing well!  Thank you again for relating your experience as it helps me understand what my daughter is going through. I totally believe that she will have no chance of returning to her normal self until she gets off this drug.  We are getting close and i look forward to the day i get to share (hopefully) that she is doing so much better and closer to her normal, sweet self.  It was a medication (prednisone) that made her have psychosis (and not an underlying psych condition) and this medication (risperdal) has done nothing to help..so she is coming off!! :)

Again, thank you for keeping in touch!  Stay safe and peace to you, Glosmom

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone... its been so long since i almost forgot about this forum... By the grace of God, i have recovered fully... just on Divalproex Sodium 500 mg and enjoying my life back to normal... i word of advice for u all, stay strong and hold on... dont give up... it is difficult to withdraw from hellish resperidone but it is possible and i am one the examples... living my life to the optimum.. Good luck to all

jAsonvorhees007😎

• Moderator Emeritus

That's really great to hear.  Thank you for coming back to update us on how you are.  We really do appreciate it.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.