jamesbond747: Was forced 1mg risperidone for 3 days by parents

jamesbond747

So since last 8-10months until 21st april this year i(24years age)was rebellious because of physical and mental torture by my parents.Actually they are just a bunch of uneducated socially backward people.I shouldn't have expected much from them.This 21st april they say you are the cause of our troubles(i used to argue against them for them being too unreasonable in treating me like an animal)and took me to an indian psychologist.The psychologist for their monetary benefits put me on 1 mg risperidone for a week and also threatened my parents and me that i am the one who is illogical and trouble causing person in our home quarrels and must be forcibly given these tablets(God our indian society those psychologists even didn't listen to any what i got to say just took report from my parents).So i stayed on them for 2-4 days and developed mental and physical retardness.(I am being specific of retardness because i researched on wikipedia that these tablets actively reduce 2 brain hormones namely dopamine and serotin and our brain only produces about 50 hormones!).So on feeling extreme weakness i researched on web and after 3days left taking risperidone.Now my parents thought i will again become rebellious against their inhumane behaviours so they tried to force me different antipsychotics from same practitioner.But this time i was clever and searched the whole web how even these antipsychotics and antidepressants work at molecular level.And determined my parents being highly backward villager people who just want whatever they feel i left home and quit risperidone suddenly ie cold turkey.Now i started living alone for a month in another region doing odd jobs but feeling psychologically a lot better to be away from inhumane treatment by parents.Even today the withdrawal symptoms are real bad.After 25days i arrived at this website and learnt a lot from you all people.According to you all i will recover in 12-14 months and this alone gives me hope.Today i am a new person socially and financially independent(almost).Never will i ever reach out to my backward parents or such people.I learnt majority of us all people were misdiagnosed on such antidepressants and only a little simple guidance from a good hearted elder to be financially and emotionally independent from inhumane people could have helped us all escape from such risperidone kind tablets but alas life is not always meant to be so!

23rd april2018- 26th april2018-risperdal 1mg

27th october2018- 31st february 2021- clonazepam 0.5mg per day

March 2021- February 2022- Abilify 10mg or 20mg per day

+ few other antidepressants i recheck and write names

After one month of cold turkey

My problems-

1-Some brain fog remains

2-libido is decreased

3-cant do exercise more than 10 minutes a day but at start i couldn't do even for 1 minute

4-half my emotions are back but in weak strength

5-Can feel neither depression nor aggression only a persistent feeling of body fatigue and heavy physical weakness

6-Their are windows and waves after one week of cold turkey and i can feel windows increasing in duration but very slowly...

• Altostrata changed the title to Himesh6547 Was forced 1mg rispiradone for 3 days by parents
  • Administrator

Welcome, Himesh.

Did you take risperidone for only 3-4 days? Did you take any psychiatric drugs before that?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Himesh6547 Was forced 1mg risperidone for 3 days by parents

You will get better.

Don't think the bad as you are lucky and aware enough to stop.

I am also a fellow Indian... I have been given too many drugs as a cocktail one after another... with me in trust. And also was told to stay away from internet while taking them. 

Its just had to happen with me. 

But its not a doctor story, 90% are such.

Indian medical system is crooked.  And its a 'say yes '  to US FDA  with no mind.

Corruption and reservations for caste has taken a toll and it will have impact on every other citizen. Each sector is impacted.

Also not in favour of govt. working ethics.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

yes i took 1mg given by doc then 1mg tablet by parents next day at home.The third time i took only half tablet because it started feeling strange.Then i left taking them and after 4 days of withdrawal the doc told i need to be shifted to psych-ward because of non-compliance,then i left home.(Guess i had it coming)

No i didn't had any antipsychotic drug history just some melatonin history for anxiety sleep disorder 2 years back.(I had failed in two of my college exams)

I really want to thank you all for i reached another doc 1 week back and he gave me nexiton plus tablets which he said will counter risperidone effects.I was almost going to take them but reading this website i came to know no such meds exist!

I am almost 50%-60% recovered now i feel it might have to do with your site helped me so much in these manners-

1-i didnt over exert myself in working and just did enough i knew my body could tolerate in a day.

2-did some exercise daily even though i felt heavily down on doing so.

3-restrained myself from taking more respiridone or even nexiton plus but i still kept some for emergency if need be as told by the site guidelines to properly taper.

4-ate normal healthy food i knew my body could digest even though i couldn't feel my stomach at all in withdrawal period.

5-I got to know about a cousin who is taking antidepressants since last 8-9years because a doctor misdiagnosed him too and he was still believing his counter antidepressants are whats keeping him working(his life is still hell though)and expected me to do same as him.So i referred him to this website and advised him to taper off very slowly to improve his quality of life and also to solve the root cause which led him to taking these evil meds.(He had failed in his college exams 9 years back)

6-I also bought the magnesium supplement as advised and i actually felt it soothing my nerves and rejuvenating them.

7-I practically feel your site guidance might as well make me 100% normal within 1 more month as opposed to risperdalhater who had to endure 14months.Thanks for saving my life again!

• Administrator

Sounds like you're taking care of yourself in a very reasonable way.

It also sounds like your body does not like risperidone and you had an adverse reaction to it. The legacy of symptoms will very gradually go away. I hope you will see improvement in a month but as you've read, recovery can take a lot longer and be very frustrating.

Some people are very sensitive to not having enough sleep. You may be one of these people. Please also be sure you go to bed and get up at regular hours, the nervous system likes stability and this will help it heal.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Its been a month i feel my mind quite strong but i cant feel my muscles...i feel like neither my muscles are repairing nor growing....How am i supposed to do my job which involves all physical work...Why i feel like i cant move my limbs...please guide me how to feel my muscles and limbs again i really need to feel them to do my job...I feel so sad why this risperidone was even invented....

• Administrator

Just do the best you can. Little by little, you will feel better.

I merged your two accounts. You are permitted only one account. Please do not start another one.

• Altostrata changed the title to jamesbond747 Was forced 1mg risperidone for 3 days by parents
  • Administrator

I merged another of your accounts into this one. If you start another account, you will be banned. Do not start another account.

• 1 year later...

So i failed to keep my job and returned home.I was again on several antidepressants(1 month on some gaba meds and 4 months on 0.5mg clonazepam) from october 2018-march 2019.I am again recovering from ad withdrawal since april2019.I feel much better after learning what caused me to reach that stages and i learned how to manage recovery with different ways shown in this website.Many situatuions have helpend me-change of our city to different city,my parent getting early retirement so i can get some focus,etc.But some old things still set me and my parents off we try not to indulge in past and that has helped.

Edited by jamesbond747
update

• ChessieCat changed the title to jamesbond747: Was forced 1mg risperidone for 3 days by parents
  • 3 years later...
  • Administrator

jamesbond747 has written a Success Story here 

As is our custom, I will close this topic now. Please post in jamesbond747's Success Story topic.

• Altostrata locked this topic