SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Nikki: hi, my rundown with ADs

Nikki

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nikki,

Glad to hear you feeling so positive, remember to ignore the calendar, really except as a "I won't make my next cut BEFORE such and such a date", no rigid schedules, if you're feeling healthy and mentally good, then it's ok to make the next tiny cut, if you're not feeling good hang there until you do feel good. Hope that makes sense. Slowly slowly catchee monkey ;)

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

"As of June, 2012: Working on remaining out of fearful thoughts of the future'

Annej....this is the absolute worst part of withdrawal. It is an all consuming aspect of a taper. It's what leads us and our physicians into thinking we are at square one again. It feels like a nervous breakdown.

Right now, I am feeling like the mental cloud has lifted to a more manageable level.

I would love to remain here for the duration of the taper. :rolleyes:

Sleeping well helps with outlook....

Thank your for posting....and how are you doing?

Hugs

Hi Nikki,

I am doing well and I thank you for asking. I really try to stay out of the "what ifs" of being back on Klonopin and feel grateful that I am out of the "hell of hells" by my reinstatement. I am finding that I only become distressed when I relive the traumatic events that unfolded during my 90+ days off of K. Remaining hopeful, keeping busy with activities that I find enjoying and remaining off the benzo sites allows me to remain out of the doom and gloom, future-thinking that something "bad" is going to happen to me due to long term use of benzos. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it at this time except wait for the passage of time and allow my CNS to heal from the previous assault caused by my history of the use of multiple medications and my sloppy (ignorance on the part of me and my pdoc) withdrawal from them. :) Hugs, Annej

My Intro
2000-Effexor and Klonopin
April 2011- C/T Adderall, lithium, Seroquel, Lunesta; Pristiq and Klonopin cut by 1/2 due to med-induced "rapid cycling"
May 2011- Pristiq/Lexapro bridge/taper
June, 2011- K cut to 0.5 mg (doctor)
July 18, 2011 - Lexapro done
October 2011- K taper started
Jan, 2012- Off K, Remeron started -bad idea
March 2012- Horrific Tardive Akathisa/TD (Dx: TA versus withdrawal akathisia secondary to K w/d)
May 2012- Reinstatement of K
Current Psych Meds: Klonopin 2 mg + Propanolol 15 mg and titrating up
As of June 2013: TA gone or suppressed - struggling with tolerance to benzos - beta blocker helping

annej....

Years back on another website the 'herd mindset' was that you had to get off ad's and just grin and bear it.

My point is that your life is your life, and if you needed to get back on the benzo, then that is what you did to survive.

Sometimes we have to go back in - to get out. You used the word 'assault' from the previous meds. That's what happens, or it does to me. The one I was getting off of did not release it's grip because I weaned onto another drug. You have a positive mind set.... :D

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

This has nothing to do with WD, then again maybe it does.....

I have a toothache. There is something going on under the Crown. I believe bruxism and Jaw Clenching may have shifted the crown.

Never had it this bad with the other ssri's. It did start when I went on Paxil. Celexa is the worst for me with Bruxism.

PS... Last night I took a Propanolol to make sure I went to sleep and I had the reverse reaction due to tapering. I was wired.

When I drop a dose I get a little manic or high energy. I have made the mistake of thinking "I feel good" so "I'll drop this dose again."

Not happening this time around. I am not dropping again until the 9th or 16th. Taking a decent amount of time during Holds.... :)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I need a "like" button here :rolleyes:

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I am out of my mind. Agitation, obsessive thinking, bruxism, vivid dreams.

The agitation and obsessive thinking are very intense. This happens when I try to get off this drug. It's been two weeks of being stuck in my head. I get angry too. I feel like a mental case.

I am upset with myself and of course, Celexa. I can't escape my own thoughts which I repeat over and over again with agitation/irritation.

This isn't normal, rational thinking.

When I start to think about only having decreased .2mL and this is happening, I get scared and want to stop. I can't imagine doing this for the next few years.

SOS :unsure:

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I am out of my mind. Agitation, obsessive thinking, bruxism, vivid dreams.

The agitation and obsessive thinking are very intense. This happens when I try to get off this drug. It's been two weeks of being stuck in my head. I get angry too. I feel like a mental case.

This isn't normal, rational thinking.

When I start to think about only having decreased .2mL and this is happening, I get scared and want to stop. I can't imagine doing this for the next few years.

SOS :unsure:

HI Nikki.. It sounds like the bruxism and vivid dreams may be at the root of your concern and thereby causing you to obsess. Problem is the obsessing may then be making the bruxism and vivid dreams seem worse because of the excessive focus? Are you panicking here. Perhaps your mindfulness strategies might help. (This is not in any way meant to suggest the withdrawal symptoms are not lousy!) ~S

PS.. The thought I have some control over my response to withdrawal gives me comfort, so I see things thru this lens.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Very sorry you are going through this agitation and obsessive thinking Nikki.

I had this badly in my earlier withdrawal. I can relate - I often felt like l was losing it and needed a lot of reassurance that I wasn’t. It really is not down to you and you are not a case of any sort!

I very much hope this passes soon for you.

Sending lots of hugs to you xxx

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Thanks S and G....

When I go back up in dose the agitation and obsessing stop or at least subside to a normal range.

It really is a chemical - WD problem. I had this whenever I tried to taper an ssri. When and if this lifts another wd symptom will come and takes it's place. That is how tapering is for me.

I can over-react easily and take everything personally.

The thought of experiencing problems, for the next few years while tapering sends me into a state of despair. How do all of you brave people do this?

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks S and G....

When I go back up in dose the agitation and obsessing stop or at least subside to a normal range.

It really is a chemical - WD problem. I had this whenever I tried to taper an ssri. When and if this lifts another wd symptom will come and takes it's place. That is how tapering is for me.

I can over-react easily and take everything personally.

The thought of experiencing problems, for the next few years while tapering sends me into a state of despair. How do all of you brave people do this?

Hugs

Hi Nikki.. miserable to be sure. When you up dosed, did you go back to 39 or 40 mgs? Does liquid Celexa make very tiny cuts possible?

How to get thru this.. I would take the route that provided me with the most comfort while taking cuts affording forward momentum, no matter how small. I would do a micro taper to spread out the reductions (I don't think mts should be used to go faster, only more smoothly) and pay no heed to how long it takes.~S

PS.. how does the math work if you take a 2mg cut, divide by 30, then reduce by 1/30th each day for 30 days? If that were too fast, using 1 mg.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nikki

Sorry your feeling so bad, it obviously is withdrawal isn't it? can you go up a tiny bit? like someone above me suggested? would that work?

By the way, what is bruxism? (off to google that word)

strawberry

Hey Nikki,

I was very sensitive to things and my reactions were often massive.

Some things that helped me get through withdrawal: I talked a lot about how I was feeling. Sometimes I would fight against it. Other times I had to rest and stop fighting.

Distraction sometimes helped quite a lot – films, TV box sets, books, talking about other things, etc.(although I know what it feels like when nothing seems to help). I was lucky in that I was able to work part-time and I think this (mostly) helped me through.

I found a therapist who helped a great deal and he was able to help me get some of my feelings in perspective & explain and help me rationalize things when my brain just wasn’t working properly. I also talked to CITA (an organisation in the UK).

I don’t know if you are familiar with CBT and thought records/diaries. In my earlier withdrawal, CBT didn’t really work for me. But a bit later on, I found that if I just did the ‘rational response’ part of the thought record, it worked better. As writing the automatic thoughts would trigger more obsessive withdrawal thoughts.

Reading about other people’s experiences online and the advice they received helped me to feel a lot less alone.

I used basic breathing techniques and yogic nose breathing: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1175-yoga-breathing-technique/page__p__10613__hl__%2Bnose+%2Bbreathing__fromsearch__1#entry10613

Aromatherapy and essential oils have helped at times too and I think Magnesium Citrate has helped me. Although, I know some people are sensitive to supplements etc so this is not right for everyone.

I hope this helps in some way Nikki, take care & lots of hugs to you xxx

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Nikki, just wanted to send you hugs and give you my sympathy and support. I've really been suffering a lot too with extreme anxiety and all its effects. I know how devastating it is. I don't know about you but I think I have a hard time being gentle with myself during these times, and that is important. I hope you have a better day today.

Self-tapered off Effexor after being on for 9 years around 2001

Medication-free until 2006

In 2006 went through divorce and placed on Celexa 20 mg and p.r.n. clonazepam

Stayed on 20 mg until 2011 when began cutting in half and taking 10 mg (Didn't really notice withdrawal symptoms)

Began to plan to come off in spring/summer 2012, continuing 10 mg Jan/Feb.

Tapered to 5 mg March/April (about 1 week mild withdrawal symptoms).

Tapered to sliver of tablet, estimated 2-2.5 mg in (1-2 weeks of withdrawal symptoms progressively diminishing and then stopping)

May 18, 2012: Stopped Celexa.

July 5, 2012: Reinstated Celexa at 5 mg.

July 13, 2012: Increased Celexa to 10 mg.

August 30, 2012: Increased Celexa 15 mg.

You are the best ;) Thanks everyone.

Schuyler...I like what you said about telling yourself you do have control of wd...will try that.

I made the smallest cut possible. .2mL using liquid. If I go back up I will be at square one which is 40mgs.

Right now I am taking a mega dose of Ibuprofen and tonight I will be taking Cipro for the root canal which has gone awry. Maybe this has something to do with it. Took amoxicillian two days ago and got hives.

Kicking myself in the rear end. A month back I was down to 38mgs., had bad anxiety and went back up to 40mgs. Became brave once again and I am trying to taper again.

Oh the joys of tapering ssris :blink:

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Kicking myself in the rear end. A month back I was down to 38mgs., had bad anxiety and went back up to 40mgs. Became brave once again and I am trying to taper again.

Oh the joys of tapering ssris :blink:

Nikki, I jerked my Lyrica dose around a bit out of anxiety before really settling in for the taper. Rest assured, you are not alone!!

Is there any possibility you can dilute the liquid? Is it water soluble? Or are you just stuck with as is. I was just reading someone's post about diluting Lexapro liquid so thought to ask. Hope you are feeling betterz ~S

Nikki,

The Cipro may make things MUCH WORSE!! It has many central nervous system effects! There are other antibiotics appropriate for tooth/dental infections. Augmentin is frequently used and has a much better safety profile unless you are penicillin allergic. Cephalosporins may also work at far less risk. Of course, it depends on the offending pathogen.

I took Cipro when I was doing my sloppy-rapid-taper (prior to finding this site) and it may have exacerbated my anxiety.

There are several threads about the danger of Cipro and quinolone antibiotics here on the forum. I cant seem to find any right now, but here is a website to give you an idea:

http://www.saferpills.org/?page_id=83

Hugs!

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

Hi Nikki

So sorry you are going through a rough time. I agree with Barb ... when I took Cipro last fall is when I believe my withdrawal symptoms set in with a vengeance. I would look at one of the other antibiotics suggested. Alternatively, understand that this is not all withdrawals from celexa, but is exacerbated by the antibiotic.

Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

I am a Veteran of Cipro. It does exacerbate anxiety. I experience that when I have to take it, but it does pass.

I am allergic to erythromyacin, now amoxicillian and I was afraid to take Augmentin (which I never had an issue with) because it is related to amox.

I can tolerate Cipro. I don't like it, but I tolerate it.

I am sure I will be on the site cyring of Cipro.....Just Ignore Me ;)

Honestly, the things that crop up in life may not be pleasant, and ordinarily we push past most of it, HOWEVER when on AD's or worse, tapering from them, all this other stuff is very challenging. Holler Holler Holler if you agree...

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

iiii HOLLER !!!!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

If it's any consolation I am struggling with low level anxiety/depression at the moment, especially in the mornings, bit disappointed after it's been going so well for so long but I think it will pass in time, the whole thing is a bugger so HOLLER!!

Strawberry does it pass once you are out of the house and busy getting on with your day?

My impression of your slow taper is that you were able to circumvent alot of the anxiety stuff due to a very slow and tiny cut taper.

I guess no one is immune B)

Holler

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

No Nikki I am not immune, I can actually feel it clearing up now, I've noticed now that I'm down very low on dose that I am getting withdrawals but they do pass, and I can still live my life, I've had about 10 days of low level depression/anxiety, poor sleep and fuzzy head, but I can feel it clearing now. Yes withdrawals always feel worse early in the morning, I was getting that early morning anxiety thing.

Last night my BFF's husband (Stuart)died in Hospice. I was there along with another friend.

He was darling. They had a loving marriage. For the las 2 1/2 weeks my three friends and I were at he hospital every day for hours. My other friends don't work. I do. It all worked out perfectly. None of us were ever alone with Joy (BFF).

Many lessons came out of this (thank you Stuart). Joy let alot of friendships go in the last 5 years. As a result there wasn't any there for her except us.

Don't give up your friends unless they are no longer a friend. Keep busy and socialize with your friends. Pick up the phone. Stay connected. The other friends and I made a pact to see each other regularly. Spending all of this time together in the last two weeks was phenomenal, in spite of the sadness.

The other lesson:

I have spoken on this site about having been fired from Hospice and how my self-esteem took a nose dive from it. I had to get up the courage to walk in there last night, right past the desk I sat at. I didn't recognize anyone, except the RN who was caring for Stuart.

We spoke. She said alot of the staff left. The Secretary who "thru me under the bus" was still there and they have trouble hiring another secretaries because of her. No one lasts. The night secretary who was there for 10 years left without having a job.

My friends were stunned that this was where I worked, and said "how did you do this?"

This put closure on something that has been bothering me for a long time again, in spite of the tragedy of Stuart's loss. I never really belonged there and as they say "God did for me what I could not do for myself."

We all needed alot of sleep today....

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

<3

• Moderator Emeritus

No adequate comment but just to let you know I read this x God moves in mysterious ways?

I am going to tell on myself....

I couldn't get a liquid refill on time, so I went back to the 40mgs. Celexa - Again.

From the .2mL drop in dose, my thinking was obsessive and distorted. Agitation thru the roof. I couldn't stand myself.

Instantly ~ the stinking thinking stopped. I am calm, the anger, and obsessive thinking came to an abrupt halt.

As Dr Healy says, if you go back up and the symptoms stop - it is WD (Hell) and it was hellacious :o

I don't know how you do it. God Bless all of you. It is almost impossible for me t over-ride what WD brings on. Don't know what I want to do yet, and sometimes doing nothing is making an active choice ;)

Thank you for helping me out with the (2) attempts at reducing.

Hugs

Nikki

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

((hugs)) Do what you need to stabilize Nikki. It's a lesson I've learned the hard way.

Self-tapered off Effexor after being on for 9 years around 2001

Medication-free until 2006

In 2006 went through divorce and placed on Celexa 20 mg and p.r.n. clonazepam

Stayed on 20 mg until 2011 when began cutting in half and taking 10 mg (Didn't really notice withdrawal symptoms)

Began to plan to come off in spring/summer 2012, continuing 10 mg Jan/Feb.

Tapered to 5 mg March/April (about 1 week mild withdrawal symptoms).

Tapered to sliver of tablet, estimated 2-2.5 mg in (1-2 weeks of withdrawal symptoms progressively diminishing and then stopping)

May 18, 2012: Stopped Celexa.

July 5, 2012: Reinstated Celexa at 5 mg.

July 13, 2012: Increased Celexa to 10 mg.

August 30, 2012: Increased Celexa 15 mg.

Absolutely!

• Administrator

Hi Nikki

I'm so sorry for your loss - I understand that both Joy and Stuart were your BFF. Joy is really going to need you now.

I'm very happy for you that you are finding positive lessons from this difficult situation. It is a very beautiful thing that you and Joy's other friends will be ensuring that you stay connected. I value connectedness very highly.

I am also happy for you that you found a level of medication that takes you out of withdrawals. First, do no harm. Once you are beyond the current stress you can look at your diet and life style and see if there are any changes you need to make there before another attempt at reducing your meds. I truly believe that getting the gut healthy gives us a better chance at coming off of the meds with fewer difficulties.

Posted Image

Love and light,

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Hi guys....

Have you been listening to the news story about computer's being seriously affected by certain viruses??

Well I didn't have my computer for a few days....I was infected by those very viruses :angry: Went to Staples and had it cleaned up.

Root Canal today.

Onto the Celexa Front: I am back at my original dose and feeling okay. It has taken a long time for me to feel okay after the crossover. I will be staying here until - well I don't really know.

Just can't tolerate how I feel when I WD.

Thank you so much for all of your kindness and knowledge (from your own suffering) unfortunately.

Hugs

Nikki

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry you had to walk by your old desk although that probably seemed trivial at that moment. You are very strong and you're gonna make it.

Love,

Tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Nikki, sorry it didn't work, but glad (?) you're feeling better again? I wish there was an answer to this dilemma.

Hi folks....

For the moment, I am not perceiving this as a dilemma (of course that can change at any time) :blink: I am not thinking about it. Being busy is really good for me, and I feel fine.

Just tired. Never seem to catch up on a decent night of sleep. Last night my Chihuahua was so restless. He had us up from 2am to 3am.

A friend/neighbor who lives in Manhattan and comes here for the summer with her kids and was telling me that she started having severe panic attacks. Doctor gave her a benzo.

She is walking, getting into the pool everyday and taking Yoga. Bless her heart. She told me that she is trying to remove 'stressors' from her life.

I made a decision this morning to get away from stressors as well. For me it is doing favors and driving people around. I have to do things for my mother. My daughter drains me financially, have had friends ask me to pick up and drop off their kids. Have a friend with RA and she needs rides.

I have become a chaueffeur in the last few months. Gas is expensive folks. My time is precious and I have to learn how to say No, I can't. Or, I don't have time.

Yesterday a neighbor asked me to pick up her son from camp, take him to Wendy's and then to drop him off at the Bowling Alley. I paid for Wendy's and Bowling not to mention gas. She didn't give him money. I had to whip out my debit card.

There are no hostages, just volunteers.....not any more.....need to set a boundary with myself.

Okay I'll get off my soap box. If you are in WD, eliminate the stress of people who are like Hoover vacuums... ;)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh wow Nikki your neighbour was hugely cheeky, did she not reimburse you? yes it's good to learn the word "no".

Hi folks....still don't have plans to begin another taper.

The thought of experiencing the way the wires in my head become unplugged really bothers me.

I believe WD causes a PTSD from the myriad of symptoms. For me, it's not the bodily symptoms, it's what it does to my thinking, crying, anxiety and depressive episodes.

I feel totally 'out of control' when WDing. And I so want to feel in control with a level head. Self doubt is another huge issue from WD.

I really admire those of you who can tolerate this.

Lots of Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa