SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Nikki: hi, my rundown with ADs

Nikki

Hugs back, Nikki.

I just dont know anymore... I'm past the point of reinstating after too fast, sloppy taper and nonfunctional. Having trouble getting what does help. I just dont know...

Very glad YOU are doing better!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Barb in your situation, could it just be the 'aftermath' of being given so many meds? I honestly don't know what you could take to alleviate your lack of energy.

The medicine we talked about (forget the name already "Vvyanese?) not sure if this is what my neighbor is taking. I'll ask when I see her.

I am constantly tired during the day....don't get enough sleep at night. Do you sleep at night?

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Nikki, yes. I likely have end organ damage - liver, heart, bones... though dont know extent. Several autoimmune diseases (body attacking itself) Several scans I have yet to do. :(

It was just coincidence that I found this out while going thru withdrawal. It gets all mixed in my mind. My endocrinologist's explanation is very much in line with Giovanna Fava, MD, from Italy: the serotonin drugs worsen depression and disrupt the immune/endocrine system.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Can you take supplements to bolster your immune system? That may bump up your energy and lower depression.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Hi Nikki

Sorry to hear youre having a rough time at the moment I have been reading your posts.

The Number 1 time management tool is to learn to say NO!!

I know its hard I have difficulties with it too, I am getting better!

I like to help but now I put myself first and help in my spare time.

I am thinking of you and hope you find a solution. It is hard to start a taper when their are other issues in your life as I think your body needs to be relaxed and ready.

Retail therapy sounds good lol

Wishing you well

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Hi DebbieJo

I see that you are doing two tapers. Alot of people here are doing that and I think it's amazing to have the presence of mind and tenacity to do it.

Barb mentioned in her post that Dr. Fava belief that AD's can make depression worse....I can believe that.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Oh gosh nikki

I'm not meant to be doing two tapers, I didn't think anyone would notice I went down from 10 to to 9 mg of seroxat - I should be holding on the AD and am now until I feel stable after the benzo taper.

I don't know what to expect when I start the AD taper, I suppose it will be trial and error but never want to experience WD like I did before.

I wish I could do something to help you nikki.

I keep meaning to see if there are any topics on salt on here. I know salt is meant to be bad for you and table salt is! As the goodness of the minerals are taken out and sold on, I read somewhere.

I drink a lot of water with unrefined Celtic sea salt added to it. This contains all the minerals including magnesium.

It is said to help asthma and depression amongst other health issues.

All the info is on the net if you wanted to look for yourself.

Hugs

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Barb is in the hospital....will see if she posted again.

DebbieJo, aside from my daughter, life is actually pretty good and I need to remember that.

We live & learn. Time management and balance in addition to learning that it is okay to say no is what I've learned the past few weeks.

I truly need to keep the focus on my, my business and to have fun and socialize in addition to work.

My daughter and two of her friends are planning to get a place together in the not-so-distant future. It's time. I don't like living on eggshells in my own home.

Staying put on Celexa until who knows when. I'm okay with it.

You seem to be doing well since you first came onto the site :)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Seems you doing ok too then

I'm pleased to hear :)

Just waiting for barb to post too

Hugs

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

Oh I forgot to say nikki

I'm only doing well as a result of all of you on this site :)

I am very grateful for the knowledge and support

Thank you x

Diazepam Free!

Nikki,

A post from few days ago triggered a thought... you asked about supplement to bolster immune system. In autoimmunity, the immune system is OVERactive, auto(self) antibodies attacking healthy tissue and organs. Treatment is immunosuppresive drugs in some cases. Caused me to wonder how that translates to supplements... is it posdible to cause harm by strengthing the immune system...? I dont know, but wanted to mention that.

Sounds counterintuitive, but everything else seems to be opposite with me. :o

Yeah...it's confusing Barb. I know when people are transplant recipients they have to suppress the immune system. I thought your endo system is not functioning up to snuff and that was why I asked about bolstering.

The more I think I know, the more I realize how much I don't know ;)

Nikki

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks....

It's me the Broken Record. Same story ~ different day :o

I have an appointment with the Psych Nurse on Thursday. I can't go on any longer with morning anxiety.

I have noticed a few things, which may be true to some of you.

I took the Brand Celexa and it seems to produce more anxiety than the Generic. Back to Generic for me. I recently took loads of medicines for infections/pain & I believe it affected me alot in terms of anxiety. All of the drugs must affect brain receptors.

I sat down and made a list of all the "stressors" which have happened since 2009 which would cause intense anxiety. Next to that list I indicated those issues which are "over" and those which are still lingering or present.

Alot passed and is over. This search made me realize that medications were and are still present. I about to beat myself up for taking Celexa and totally getting off Imipramine, and I stopped myself. I did what I thought was right at the time.

In my heart-of-hearts I believe (for me) that the taper caused a PTSD. A humongous fear of anxiety/depression. Life changed since 2009, coupled with the Lexapro Caper I haven't been the same.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

You are a Sweetheart Tezza and thank you.

Tezza when I got off Paxil and crossed over to Lexapro I bounced back in a short time.

The Lexapro taper is what did me in. It caused the worst case scenario anxiety/depression and I don't know how my friends put up with me during that time. I must have driven them nuts.

Getting off Imipramine and onto Celexa wasn't that bad either.

Nothing I've done since then has compared to the Lexapro saga. Right now I am having anxiety that is so bad, I am a wreck. I think it has to do with the medication cocktails taken over the last few weeks for various problems.

I desperately need to stop my adrenals from these adrenaline/cortisol dumps. Then, have thyroid, adrenals checked.

Decreasing for now and ultimately getting off Celexa seems to be in my immediate future. I may have to add imipramine back into the mix to stop the attacks.

Medications and their side effects, cause me to have the Broken Record Syndrome :(

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Sorry, Nikki, I don't remember -- did you try darkening your bedrooom and using a sleep mask for the morning anxiety?

If the generic works better for you, by all means, stick with it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Alto, haven't spoken to you in a while :)

I did take the generic last night and there is a difference. I have heard that Brand names are somehow stronger than generics.

Have appointment this evening with Psych Nurse.

Don't know if drug cocktails I was just on caused this ~ or ~ (Good Lord...this is poop out?)

I had poop out with lexapro which is why I got off of it.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Some people are sensitive to differences between brand name and generic drugs.

If you haven't tried darkening your bedroom, please give it a try. It could help with the morning anxiety.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Saw the Psych Nurse today and relieved I did.

I told her about the medications I had taken and she told me (in addition to showing me literature from one of her books) that Cipro should not be taken with Ibuprofen or Naproxen (Alleve). The combo can cause, anxiety, paranoia, disturbing dreams.

She said Cipro give her anxiety.

She said Vicoden gives her crazy thoughts. I get crazy on that stuff and cannot sleep.

Don't mix Vicoden with Cipro, causes adverse side effects on the nervous system.

Cipro interacts with ssri's by raising it's levels which will bring on anxiety.

The Brand Celexa is stronger than the generic.

She said it takes (4) days to recover from adrenaline/cortisol dumps for women and a much shorter time for men to recover.

So I may have rid myself of the UTI and the infection/pain from the botched root canal, HOWEVER, I really messed myself up big time.

All of this was prescribed by the :angry:Dentist .

I have taken Cipro many times for UTI's, so I didn't think twice about that. I will now :rolleyes:

I hope alot of you will read this so you don't fall into the mess I did.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki,

I hope you're feeling a bit better as you get farther away from the drugs. Your story, particularly with Cipro, shows how our reactions to the same drug can change over time, especially after being exposed to neurologic drugs as we have. I've been ok with Cipro, also, but know I shouldn't count on that same (non)reaction. Quinolone ('floxin) antibiotics have strong neurologic effects. The antipsychotic Abilify is a quinolone derivative.

How did your nurse determine the length of time of cortisol dumping? I'm confused. As you know, the cortisol dumping/dysautonomia due to withdrawal lasts for months.

I just asked her about being fatigued after the adrenaline dumps, and she said it can take a woman 4 days to bounce back from the aftermath of such strong dumps, and I believe it. I am just starting to bounce back.

Still having morning anxiety.....this wasn't morning anxiety - it was severe adrenaline/cortisol dumps I could not control.

I knew it had to be a chemical issue. My muscles were burning. It will take a few nights of sleep, the dumps will have to stop for me to re-energize.

When I was on Lexapro and took Cipro I had similar issues (without the other drugs).

When on Imipramine it was more tolerable. SSRI's and alot of drugs, simply do not mix.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Yes, it's morning adrenaline or cortisol dumps that are reduced by cutting down that light in the bedroom.

see

What is the sleep cycle?

Early-morning waking with panic or anxiety

It was good to read the links you posted for me. My Westie broke on of the panels in my bedroom (verticals) levelors and it does bug me.

It's time to replace them and opt for a horizontal shade or levelor, so she can't break them ;) "She is some piece of work that Westie."

Thing is when I awake anxious I hug her to feel better....

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Thank God I am feeling better, those horrible dumps have stopped. This morning I had the mild type of anxiety and I said, "okay go ahead have a panic attack, give me all you've got" and it stopped.

There really was a major difference between adrenaline/cortisol dumps as opposed to panic that I can talk myself out of in a few minutes.

I highlighted this so anyone experiencing this can understand that in WD the chemical stuff is where we get stuck and have the worst time.

Hugs everybody....happy saturday B)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki,

Glad this morning was better. I agree with your statement about chemical cortisol spikes vs. Panic attacks. It feels like there is no reasoning with it aside from acknowledging as you did. I had one this morning. I now know that the EXTREME morning "anxiety" I had after a hospital detox program CTd me from a few meds at once was classic withdrawal.

Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Nikki,

When i feel out of sorts, I've found that just touching my little dog helps to ground me. She's usually beside me in bed and has started to lay with her back flat against mine, as if she knows I need that connection. What would we do without these precious creatures?!

• Administrator

Nikki, put a blanket over the window and use a sleep mask to see if reducing the morning light will help. Honestly, many have found this works.

Nikki, put a blanket over the window and use a sleep mask to see if reducing the morning light will help. Honestly, many have found this works.

Absolutely! I remember the first nite I did this... had been allowing light IN, thinking it would help whatever was going on (NO IDEA it was withdrawal). I was in hotel with blockout shades, so easy to use. The next morning I woke later, no racing pulse or panic. Amazing in its simplicity!

Barb the tremendous surges that I was experiencing was a chemical reaction caused by ans ssri - Cipro - Ibuprofen - NSAIDs - and Vicoden.

It was brutal. At first I always beat myself up and look for an emotional reason for it. After a while I knew this was not emotional.

Prior to this, yep - I have anxiety. I believe it is a mixture of things.

This last episode, I made a decision to do whatever I can to get control over anxiety.

I have reintroduced Imipramine at 10mgs. with the intention of lowering the Celexa.

Last year at this time when I was on 20mgs. Celexa and 25mgs. Imipramine I felt the best I felt in years. Even at 30mgs. mgs. Celexa and 25mgs. Imipramine I felt good.

For me, the tricyclics help anxiety and ssri's work on depression. Someday I hope I can get off of Celexa altogether.

The last 3 years have been a roller coaster ride from hell with all that happened. I think I just reached a saturation point with ongoing stress. For me it causes anxiety. It wasn't mild stress, it was big stuff.

I am trying to be a little bit more compassionate with myself and doing what I can to stop anxiety or get a handle on it. I really need for it to abate.

In two weeks I am going to start dropping the Celexa....Not looking forward to it. Right now I am building up the Imipramine in my system using 10mgs. a day. It helped immediately.

Ending the medication cocktail of antibiotics and pain meds helped also.

Oh Well.....

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Hi nikki

Do wish you the best with reducing the celexa, hopefully it will work now you have the other med.

Thinking of you

Hugs

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

• Administrator

Barb the tremendous surges that I was experiencing was a chemical reaction caused by ans ssri - Cipro - Ibuprofen - NSAIDs - and Vicoden.

Nikki, that's exactly why we're suggesting reducing light stimulation in the morning. It reduces the neuro-emotions.

Went to Home Depot to look a Levelors this morning :)

I looked at a million other things I feel in love with. For today bought paint brushes.

Have to paint Front Door and touch up painting in house.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki, that's exactly why we're suggesting reducing light stimulation in the morning. It reduces the neuro-emotions.

Nikki,

I just thought of something related... the sunshine - cortisol reaction IS biochemical. This is probably described somewhere in links, but wanted to throw my 2cents in. The sunshine/light is an evolutionary mechanism signaling the body to get ready for the day. It's more than simply waking up. It's a cascade of biochemical alerting reactions beginning with cortisol which alerts the body to prepare for a new day. The pineal gland might be http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol_awakening_response#section_6 involved.

Ive heard that women are evolutionarily more susceptible to waking by noise because of being primary caregivers of children. I dont know if that is true, but evolutionary biology/psychology has made alot of sense of withdrawal and the tweaked fight or flight system.

I need to go back and search a post from Tom which was so helpful for anxiety.

In my home prior to buying this one, the entire back of my home was glass/sliders.

I removed all the levelors because I had a 6ft wall around the back of the house. It was private although the houses were built close together.

In my bedroom there were no levelors, but I did put up curtains that were see thru and flowing like a Bali looking type design.

I had AM anxiety, but it was not bad at all. It turned bad when I began a taper from Lexapro.

I actually loved the way it all looked. A therapist told me to "Change My View", so I redid the bedroom and it was lovely to look at. She told me to add colorful flowers to the yard.

In this house, I have not redone my room, and I don't like the way it looks at all.

Interior decorating may not be a cure for anxiety, but I think that if you love looking at your room, then upon waking it may be helpful.

I really need to redo this room, so it is pleasing to the eye.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Your home sounds beautiful, Nikki. I am strongly effected by my surroundings - color, light, furniture placement, flow of design. Feng shui..? I used to look at model homes and open houses regularly. One day I walked into a kids' bedroom that was done in yellow. It instantly uplifted my mood and outlook as if someone turned the light on in my brain!

Lighting is also a biggie for me. Natural is best. Fluorescent sends me to gloom and doom.

Color therapy is very interesting.. it's more than what colors are pleasing to the eye, but how they effect your mood.

http://www.deeptrancenow.com/colortherapy.htm

Have fun with your project!