SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Living situation

alexjuice

I've been living mostly with my mother for about 4 years, to just simplify it.

Lately, I find myself thinking that this is not ideal. I am 33 and I don't need my mom to clean up my dirty dishes, though she inevitably does. Mindful of stresses, I am considering looking into other living arrangements. Money presents a problem and so does finding living arrangements.

I could try to find inexpensive housing and support myself through the small amounts I earn and get a supplement from my mom. I could also try to get disability or some other benefit for people unable to work.

My feeling is that this current situation could go on for years. I can't live alone, so I'll just live here. But I don't think this is the best situation for continued healing.

How have others with limited financial resources arranged with their accomodations? Does anyone feel that their living arrangement is negatively impacting their life, recovery or anything else?

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Hey Alex,

My browser crashed 3x while trying to reply. I'm taking that as a sign and will try later.

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Ha. Yes, it's definitely a sign. :-)

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Alex...as a result of the economy, more and more people are living at home with their folks, and married adult couples had to move in with their children.

Historically, this was the norm, and it was how people saved money to buy their own homes. Later on the elderly parent/parents ended up living with their children. Financially, it was a safe thing to do.

The bottom line for you seems to be finances (for all of us, actually). The good news is that you are not in a rush. There isn't an urgency. Journal about it.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

I agree, throughout human history, until recently, it was normal for grown children to live with parents. Sometimes they all enjoyed it.

alex, if you have a good relationship with your mother, if I were you, I'd take the opportunity to get to know her better. And -- let her know you don't want her to clean up after her.

On the other hand, you may really feel you need to have your own place. Just don't do it because you think you *should* rather than want to.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I too live with my mother and have found her support invaluable during this tough time. I appreciate having her around so that I can feel free to express how I am really feeling, and appreciate having someone around who knows how I was before, on and now after ADs.

What living arrangement do you think will make you feel most comfortable? In many European countries, where is housing is so expensive, people live as extended families much longer than we do in the US. So please don't feel bad with whatever you decide.

Years:150mg Wellbutrin (to concentrate) 20-30 mg Celexa (rumination).

CT 8/2011 during a pregnancy attempt under MD orders. (Idiot!!!) Pregnancy hormones allowed it.

Felt great with 6 mg of melatonin per night to sleep plus preggo hormones-didn't last:(

Best time of my life. Botched IVF in Dec 2011.Stress.

Bone chilling exhaustion and told to go back on celexa and wellbutrin.

4/9/2012 Back on celexa wb for some relief, wb gave me heart palps so dropped and only need 6.6 mg celexa and 1/4 melatonin pill...IMPROVEMENT because my doses are much lower!

REMEMBER to get your thyroid and hormones checked/out of whack ones can appear LIKE MOOD DISORDERS!!

Hi Alex

I am a similar age to you and I had to move back home during withdrawal. My landlord was selling the house that I had been renting and I was only living there part of the time anyway, due to withdrawal. It was getting difficult financially too.

Sometimes, I find it hard as I miss a sense of independence and feel frustrated occasionally. Sometimes, it is easy to start being hard on myself and to start thinking ‘I shouldn’t be living at home,’ but then I think,'well I have got withdrawal, I didn’t choose it but since I have it, it is perfectly ok for me to live somewhere safe and secure and to live in my family home while I recover.’

Overall I think it has been the best place for me to be.

As I recover, I have found I have been able to help my mum more & more and I know she benefits from me being here.

At the moment I couldn’t afford to live elsewhere, but I am building for the future.

I came off Seroxat in August 2005 after a 4 month taper. I was initially prescibed a benzo for several months and then Prozac for 5 years and after that, Seroxat for 3 years and 9 months.

"It's like in the great stories Mr.Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer."  Samwise Gamgee, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy