Grateful for This Site

Nikki

I have been on web support groups and after a few weeks I/we get to know each other and then look forward to responses to our posts and then comes Private Messages, and email, and Facebook.

I am starting to become familiar with some of you and love it. Grateful for the support, information, sharing from the heart and comfort. It's so nice to have a place to come to.

Look forward to it each day. Will be sending a donation shortly. Have to keep this site going....

Can you believe that after all this time, so many Physicians are still prescribing these meds like they were dispensing Candy???? As a result there will always be a need for AD support.

Hugs and many thanks

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

This site has been a Godsend for me as well. I can't help but think I was guided here shortly after quiting Lexapro and starting to feel terrible from withdrawal. I never would have figured out what was going on without this forum.

I'm not so sure that doctors are going to be dishing out drugs as they have been indefinitely. There are quite a few people, authorities and not, speaking out against promiscuous prescribing. I just finished reading James Howard Kunstler's weekly blog, and for the past two weeks he's posted a rant against statins, which have resulted in his having peripheral neuropathy, memory loss, and a host of other problems. (http://www.kunstler.com/index.php). More and more people with whom I talk are turning against mainstream medicine and I am personally looking into getting some sort of education as an herbalist.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

I have been active on a couple of forums before starting to connect here. I am speaking to the special level of comfort that comes from the over aching philosophy supported by Astro, the admins, and fellow members. Many entries in 'Finding Meaning' are rooted in neuro science, with an appreciation for the role of neruro plasticity. Where previously I have found platitudes and 'Hallmark" cards, here there is science, and an appreciation of where science cannot go. Bravo

A huge thanks,

Schuyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

Very kind of all of you, I'm glad you're finding what you need here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I, too, am very grateful for this site! I make it a point to link to it whenever I can, such as my own website and on posts that I make on Yahoo Answers when people as about AD withdrawal. One way to help get this out to more people is to do our own marketing of the site like this. What I love most aside from the excellent support and caring that comes from people here, I like this site over other popular withdrawal support groups is that here you are allowed to share other methods of coping with the withdrawals that go outside of the moderators own personal opinion and ideas. I say, if it works great for one person to get through this hell, share it and have no fear that it will be shot down and have your post deleted. You get real life stories here of what has helped others from their own experiences.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I am extremely thankful for this site and everyone here. It gives me lots of hope.

Dec 2004 - Put on Zoloft after having a panic attack from the Birth Control Ortho Evra Patch (the doctors thought I was completely insane when I told them I think the Birth Control Patch is giving me anxiety/panic. Funny how they tell you NOW that Birth Control can indeed cause anxiety) Started at 25mg, increased to 50 mg and 100 mg in 2007. They made me too sleepy so decreased back to 50mg until 2009. Reduced to 25 mg in 2010.

Oct 2010 - Decided to come off Zoloft to try and have children. Didn't know anything about tapering because apparently, my doctor didn't know about it either. WDs included heart palpitations, dizziness, tinnitus etc. Decided to go back on Zoloft within 2 weeks of stopping.

January 2011 - Knowing a little more about tapering, I decided to stop taking taking Zoloft with my doctors help again. She told me to hurry and taper in 4 weeks because the tinnitus could become permanent. I thought this was too fast so I took another month to taper.

March 30, 2011 - Last Zoloft pill.

Had a little dizziness & sadness, but felt fine until Aug 2011 after a relative died.

Since then symptoms include brain shivers, migraine headaches on right side of head, warm/hot sensations on right side of head and ears, internal vibrations, tremor, muscle twitches, strange sensations in right side of head, anxiety, nervousness, sadness, disconnected, depersonalization, numbness on left side of body at times, neck pain, muscle/rib cage pains,  just don't feel like myself :(

Hi all,

I too want to say I am grateful for this site. Had it not been for those that responded to my original post, I would be continuing with my original plan of a quick taper, then off Effexor xr. Thank you so much for helping me

Effexor XL 2009-2012. CT 150mg Effexor XR  2012, Effexor XR  75mg  2012  then rapid taper to 0, Reinstated Effexor XR 13mg then updosed to 20mg, Tapered to 18mg Effexor XR 4/9/12, Off Effexor XL ?Reinstated  Effexor XL 150 mgs  August  2012, Crashed in November 2012, Prozac 40 mgs 2012 to Feb 2018, Buspar 60  mgs 2012-stopped 2015, Remeron 7.5 mgs as needed for sleep-stopped Feb 2017, Prozac 50 mgs Feb 2018 to March 2018, Lexapro 5 mgs March 18 2018 to May 17th 2018, Lexapro 2.5 mgs  May 18th to May 26th 2018, Prozac 10 mgs May 15th 2018, Prozac 5 mgs May 19th 2018 to current day May 28th 2018,  Xanax 0.25 mgs to 0.5 mgs daily for over 15 years. Increased Xanax to 1.5 mgs Sept 2012, Tapered Xanax to 0 mgs  May 2013.Reinstated Xanax Feb 2017 at 0.125 mgs as needed, Gradual increase of Xanax to 1.5 mgs daily till May 22nd 2018, Xanax 1.25 mgs daily. Holding

Yes, it's the best.

That any of us need to visit is a tragedy, honestly. That we do so well with what we have is our triumph.

Time, knowledge, belief and each other. I think those things will see each of us through.

best,

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

This site has given me more information than any doctor I've been to. It also gave me more hope than I've had in a long time. Thank you. I wish I found it sooner.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy