Nadia

Homeopathy

chrona

yes, I am a fan of homeopathy.  the problem with it is that there are thousands of remedies and finding the right one is the trick.   arnica always works for injury.  I had a panic late at night with a cold coming on and not being able to breathe at all through my nose.  none of my other tricks worked.  I just googled blocked nose or something like that and there were 10 suggestions with the accompanying symptoms.   I chose the closest one  to my situation and I also happened to have some.  within a few minutes I could breathe and the cold went away.  

maybe you need a stronger dose of calc carb.   I am saying that because I just broke my leg and was taking arnica.  it wasn't doing much until I upped the dose radically.   I was practically visible how it was working.  swelling going down,  pain,  etc.  

I am an absolutely totally ignorant of homeopathy btw.  I just google. 

you can order higher dosages on line.

Chuck83

I suffer from bleeding hemorrhoids and PSSD. My homeopath had prescribed me Nitrucum Acidum 30ch for a month, and Nitricum acidum 200 ch for another month, two granules every 4 hours 3 times a day. With the 30ch dilution, hemorrhoids had completely stopped bleeding for a month, and even PSSD symptoms  were significantly better, but switched to 200 ch dilution, hemorrhoids started to bleed again, although with less frequency, and also the improvement of PSSD seem faded.

Now the homeopath told me to stop Acidum nitricum, and start Nux vomica at dilution of 30C for a month, but still have not started, because I read that it is very powerful on the nervous system and I'm little scared.

I stopped Nitricum Acidum 200C, 2 grains three times a day friday cold turkey, do you think can be dangerous? Do you guys think i need to re start Nitricum Acidum 200C and make a slow tapering?

The homeopath told me just to stop Nitricum Acidum and start Nux Vomica, and not told me about slow tapering.

Junglechicken

I didn't find homeopathy worked for me.

It didn't help that her communication style wasn't very good, and i lost hope really.

There was just no way of telling if it was actually helping, nothing tangible.

I struggled with maintaining faith that those little remedies were doing something.

JanCarol

I suffer from bleeding hemorrhoids and PSSD. My homeopath had prescribed me Nitrucum Acidum 30ch for a month, and Nitricum acidum 200 ch for another month, two granules every 4 hours 3 times a day. With the 30ch dilution, hemorrhoids had completely stopped bleeding for a month, and even PSSD symptoms  were significantly better, but switched to 200 ch dilution, hemorrhoids started to bleed again, although with less frequency, and also the improvement of PSSD seem faded.

Now the homeopath told me to stop Acidum nitricum, and start Nux vomica at dilution of 30C for a month, but still have not started, because I read that it is very powerful on the nervous system and I'm little scared.

I stopped Nitricum Acidum 200C, 2 grains three times a day friday cold turkey, do you think can be dangerous? Do you guys think i need to re start Nitricum Acidum 200C and make a slow tapering?

The homeopath told me just to stop Nitricum Acidum and start Nux Vomica, and not told me about slow tapering.

Sorry Chuck, there are currently no homeopathic practioners, or even hobbyists here who can answer that question.

Really, to my mind, it's vibrational water / sugar pills, so "reactions" should be minimum.  It's one of the reasons homeopathy is considered safer (though not totally safe) for withdrawal.

Have you reacted to remedies before?

Chuck83

Sorry Chuck, there are currently no homeopathic practioners, or even hobbyists here who can answer that question.

Really, to my mind, it's vibrational water / sugar pills, so "reactions" should be minimum.  It's one of the reasons homeopathy is considered safer (though not totally safe) for withdrawal.

Have you reacted to remedies before?

Hi JanCarol, thx for the repy. No I don't have any reactions for a moment to remedies, except for a bit of mental confusion sometimes. But I'm not even sure if they are remedies, because I had a little bit of it also before , It seem to I tolerate them quite well. My homeopath is denying that they may have any side effects.

Chuck83

Please someone can have advice? This morning I took two granules of nux vomica 30ch and I have severe adverse reactions. I had immediately strong headaches and breathing problems after a few minutes i took it, it is as if I had a brick over my head, I had also 10 discharge of diarrhea.

Now I still have this bad headache, with stomach upset, it seems I can not formulate thoughts correctly, this morning I could not speak well, and even now it does not seem to pronounce all the words correctly.

I phoned to my homeopath and said that it is impossible, but I have read of people left severely damaged by nux vomica, with these confusion problems and nurological damage for many years, also 20 years, my homeopath has abandoned me says it has no help for me, He simply told me to go back to Acidum nitricum, but this time in drops that seemed to have done well, but I will never take homeopathic medicine again.

I'm afraid I've been doing some severe permanent neurological damage with these two nux vomica granules, I'm desperate.

compsports

Chuck,

I definitely understand your desperation and sadly, your situation is a perfect example of why alternative medicine is not harmless.  Personally, I wouldn't touch one drop of any homeopathic medicine because of what happened to you.  In other words, I would not take the Acidum nitricum.

I know it is easy to think you have been permanently harmed but it might be a case of simply waiting for things to clear up.   Not trying to minimize your concerns but just hoping that will happen in your case.

Hang in there.

CS

PS - Forgot to ask if you have reported this to your regular doctor?

Chuck83

Chuck,

I definitely understand your desperation and sadly, your situation is a perfect example of why alternative medicine is not harmless.  Personally, I wouldn't touch one drop of any homeopathic medicine because of what happened to you.  In other words, I would not take the Acidum nitricum.

I know it is easy to think you have been permanently harmed but it might be a case of simply waiting for things to clear up.   Not trying to minimize your concerns but just hoping that will happen in your case.

Hang in there.

CS

PS - Forgot to ask if you have reported this to your regular doctor?

Thx for the advice compsports, I do not take any Homeopathic remedies for the rest of my life. Unfortunately my doctor is on vacation, and return on Tuesday, this morning there was a substitute, and I did not go because he didn't know anything about me, my SSRIs Withdrawal, my adverse reactions to SSRIs and my PSSD, And He probably never would have believed me, Now I have to go to visit my doctor on Tuesday, He is knows everything about me, Or even I go tomorrow for some advice by his substitute who I do not know Him and I see Him tomorrow for the first time, if I go.

Today headache, confusion and stomach pain, seem to be better, But I wonder because of the symptoms if I had, 10 discharge of diarrhea, severe headaches, amazement, confusion, muscle tension etch, if this could have been a serotonin syndrome?

I talked to a friend is medical student like me, He also has PSSD and hemorrhoids like me, but for this he did a surgery and solved this problem, which would have been better than I did the same, instead of trying risky alternative medicines. He told me it might have been a serotonin syndrome, which seems to be by the symptoms, He advised me to fasting for one day, or just eat yogurt, and drink a lot water, to try to lower serotonin levels in the blood, and wait two weeks before thinking of having had some damage.

Sorry for my bad english

compsports

Chuck,

Your English is fine and I think your friend is right on target.

Best of luck.

JanCarol

Chuck - there will be no "permanent neurological damage" from a homeopathic remedy.  They are among the safest.

However, it is important that all natural practitioners are aware that you need "calming" remedies, not "detoxification," and I wonder if that's the direction s/he is headed.

Just don't take it if it bothers you, you will be better in a few days.  You've taken in a "vibration" - so imagine that you are guitar strings, and this remedy hit discord on your strings.  You just have to wait for the strings to stop vibrating, and you will return to still again.  It is highly unlikely that these remedies "broke" your guitar strings, it was just unpleasant, like discordant music.

Patience, and maybe read what others have experienced here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5662-how-good-are-naturopaths-and-other-alternative-practitioners/

Chuck83

Thx JanCarol, I reply you on my thread, Now I have another question I posted also on my thread but i think is good I posted also on Homeopathy thread, because is about homeopathic product WD, If it is a phenomenon that can happen?

I have one question, if someone know it is a really appreciate, before the adverse reactions to nux vomica, with my ex homeopath for my hemorroids problem I used remdies Acidum Nitricum 30ch for one month 6 granules for a day but sometimes I used 4 granules, without any side effects, and after rimedies Acidum Nitrucm 200ch 6 granules for a day, for one month, with some side effects like little confusion And sometimes stomach ache, But I could not understand whether it was due to remedies or not, after this I stopped Acidum Nitrucum cold turkey from 6 granules to 0. This is safe? My old homeopath told me there were no problems to stopping it.
Can there be withdrawal symptoms from homeopathic products? is Twenty days have stopped the acidum nitricum cold turkey, I really don't want return on it.

JanCarol

I am not a homeopath.   I have no idea about any of the remedies or strengths you are talking about.  

I do not know for certain - but since they are vibrational, rather than actual substances (except for the sugar in the pills, or the water), if there is any withdrawal, it should be minor.

If you get used to hearing a note - and then the note is gone, you might still "hear" it in your head for awhile until you get used to the silence.  Likewise if you look into a blue light, and then close your eyes, you see an after image.  So there may still be vibrational after effects, but I wouldn't think of them as "withdrawal."

I think of homeopathic remedies as musical, vibrational, wave form style of practice.  Very very subtle.

chrona

I would appreciate knowing the contact info for a homeopath who has helped anyone withdrawing.  I know homeopathy can work but it is not easy at all to find the right remedy.  I am pretty desperate so I am willing to try.  I know it helped a lot for pain with a sore tooth and for a broken leg.  
( I didn't read this thread, I don't have the attention span right now). 

chrona

JanCarol

Chrona, I do not think you will find a homeopath who has information about withdrawal.  Most head straight for "detox protocols," if the experiences of members are any indication.  The best thing for withdrawal is time, patience, and learning to survive the symptoms.

I just saw this excellent British skit about how a homeopathy ER might look (I hope y'all don't mind a little humour here):

I rather like the homeopathic lager, myself.

grandmaD

Ha ha!  All they had to do was stop the bleeding!  Good find.  never been a fan of homeopathic myself, but I did get desperate enough to try their anxiety/insomnia drops (that didn't work)!  Perhaps more people should try one drop of beer in a glass of water like they did!  I like that idea!

JanCarol

This just in from the European Academies Science Advisory Council, full report at:  https://www.homeowatch.org/policy/easac.pdf

Scientific mechanisms of action—where we conclude that the claims for homeopathy are implausible and inconsistent with established scientific concepts.

Clinical efficacy—we acknowledge that a placebo effect may appear in individual patients but we agree with previous extensive evaluations concluding that there are no known diseases for which there is robust, reproducible evidence that homeopathy is effective beyond the placebo effect. There are related concerns for patient-informed consent and for safety, the latter associated with poor quality control in preparing homeopathic remedies.

Promotion of homeopathy—we note that this may pose significant harm to the patient if incurring delay in seeking evidence-based medical care and that there is a more general risk of undermining public confidence in the nature and value of scientific evidence.

Veterinary practice—we conclude similarly that there is no rigorous evidence to substantiate the use of homeopathy in veterinary medicine and it is particularly worrying when such products are used in preference to evidence-based medicinal products to treat livestock infections.

Now granted, there is a conspiracy to move people towards mainstream medicine and away from "alternative" or "complementary" medicine - but - homeopathy is not reproducible.  I do have some understanding as to why (I attended a lecture on this once) - that each individual remedy is so individual that you cannot run a trial of more than n=1.  If is extremely difficult to run scientific trials on vibrations of remedies - or of patients.