SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Donations gratefully accepted

Altostrata

• Administrator

ADMIN NOTE

TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS

SurvivingAntidepressants.org is not a registered charity. We cannot issue you a receipt for tax return deductions.

If you prefer to make a tax-deductible gift, please donate in SurvivingAntidepressant.org's name to

International Institute for Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal (IIPDW) https://iipdw.org/please-support-us/

Medicating Normal https://medicatingnormal.com/donate/

DONATIONS FROM INDIA

India has barred international transactions via PayPal. If you are in India, please contact the administrator for instructions about how to donate, or ask a relative in the US to make a gift in your name. 

If you feel Surviving Antidepressants is helpful, please consider a voluntary donation.

Surviving Antidepressants receives no funding from any source other than its members. It does not make a profit. We are not sponsored by any organization or religious group. We certainly do not receive any support from pharmaceutical companies! We will never run advertising.

This site's purpose is only to provide support for people withdrawing, reducing suffering, and bringing the problems of withdrawal to the attention of medicine.

Your contribution will go towards expenses such as

- Software, server, and Web site registration costs

- Memberships to like-minded organizations, such as MindFreedom.org

- Purchase of relevant scientific publications

Donations are made through PayPal, which accepts all major credit cards, even if you do not have a PayPal account. It will translate foreign currencies into US dollars.

Thank you for your generosity.

HOW TO DONATE

donations_box.png

We take donations only via PayPal. You can use your debit or credit card to send money via PayPal.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT

You do not need a PayPal account to make a donation to SurvivingAntidepressants.org. 

If you do not have a PayPal account, here's how you can use PayPal to donate:

230108 SA Paypal donate interface.png

Update by ChessieCat - May 2022:

Click on the bar at the middle top of the page in the blue bar "Support our work - please give today"

When you go to the page click on the amount you wish to donate and then click "Donate with Debit or Credit Card".  This is BELOW the "Donate by PayPal" link.

If you wish to support the site in other ways, such as directly paying for hosting or software or providing expert technical advice, please contact the administrator.

Thanks very much for considering making a gift to Surviving Antidepressants.

072216_sa_paypal_form1.png

Edited by Altostrata
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Very gratified by the donations received already.

I know many of you are not in the plushest of circumstances, your support in this way and in others means so much to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

If you are from outside the US and do NOT have a PayPal account, use the big yellow button at the top of every page:

Donations_button.png

AND be sure to choose your country on the PayPal page:

choose_country_PayPal.png

You can use credit cards and bank cards for payment.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

PayPal will accept a PayWeb virtual debit card, available from some banks in Europe and in the U.S. or at https://payweb.com/.

If you have questions, PayWeb has phone numbers in various countries, see https://payweb.com/eng/contactor send them e-mail.

This is a virtual debit card: You go to your bank or its Web site, purchase the "card" in a certain denomination, and you get a "virtual debit card number" to use. After you deplete the amount of money on the "card," the number becomes invalid.

This is a good way to make Web purchases with high security for your bank account or credit card.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

A heartfelt thank you to all who have donated.

As the site grows, our expenses will increase. Your contribution, however small, is very much appreciated -- it keeps the site "on the air" for everyone.

• 1 month later...

Is there another way to do this? Paypal and I don't get along. They sent out stuff recently that I had to sign in order to continue with them... didn't like it... didn't like what it said... didn't sign. Don't ask me what it was about... I can't remb now. :lol:

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

Thank you for that question, summer.

You can donate without a PayPal account, using a credit card or debit card.

If you do NOT have a PayPal account, follow these instructions:

1) Click on the use big yellow Donate button on the Donations page.

2) On the PayPal page, look in lower left corner of the page, where it says:

072216_sa_paypal_form1.png

3) Click on the Continue link.

4) Be sure to choose your country on the PayPal page.

5) Enter credit card or debit card info for payment.

If you don't want to put in your credit card or debit card info, you can get an electronic "money order," see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/210-donations-gratefully-accepted/?p=3199, or you might be able to get a gift card for one-time use from your bank.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Also, folks -- I want to say, even though you may be getting an automated thank you, I am personally very grateful for the donations. I know few of us have money to spare. You're keeping this site going.

I would send personal notes but -- the PayPal receipts I get don't have your screen names on them and different e-mail addresses and I often don't know who exactly they're from.

Please, accept my thanks.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

• 1 month later...

Try clicking on the Send Money link in the upper part of the PayPal home page.

It looks like I can do that but it requires an email address. What should I use?

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

To send a PayPal donation to this site, use survivingads at comcast.net (but with the @ sign).

To send a PayPal donation to this site, use survivingads at comcast.net (but with the @ sign).

Sigh!

It is asking me to sign in to Paypal. And of course, they never sent the password I had forgotten.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

cs, I guess you'll have to contact PayPal again. Their phone service is pretty good. Click on Call Us on this page https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab.

Jackson, thank you for all your help. I know people sacrifice to donate, it means all the world for us. But don't give more than you can afford!

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Is there any other possible way to send donation? My husband won't let me use card online. I would be happy to send a check if you will allow that. I read where someone else asked that but I don't like mooching and would like to show my appreciation. I too am disabled and can't contribute a lot but don't want to lose you. Besides I feel I owe it to you for all your help and want to help in return.

• Administrator

Thank you, Tezza. I'm sorry, SurvivingAntidepressants.org doesn't have a bank account. PayPal is our bank. You can probably get a prepaid credit card through your back. This is for one-time use, hackers won't be able to get money from it. For example, you can give your bank $10. They give you a one-time credit card.

Click on the PayPal button a the top of the page. Enter your information and the number of the prepaid credit card. Cut the card up and throw it away when the payment goes through.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Very sorry for the inconvenience, tezza. I spoke to PayPal and found an address has to be associated with a prepaid card. They suggest you phone the credit card company or go to their Web site and get an address put into the system.

Then, when you complete the form on PayPal, the address you enter will match the address on the card and it will be accepted. (If you find you cannot use the card on PayPal, please use it to buy something useful for yourself.)

Thank you again for wanting to donate!

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I want to thank everyone who has sent a donation, including those who are not members!

Your donation allows SurvivingAntidepressants.org to "broadcast" tapering information throughout the world.

While we have hundreds of members, hundreds of thousands of anonymous people read our tapering topics from the Web, without becoming members.

Thank you again for making SurvivingAntidepressants.org available as a resource for everyone.

• 3 months later...

Hello Alto,

Is there a way to donate other than through PayPal?

Adagiooo

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

• Administrator

Sorry, we take only PayPal.

Can't find it in the Mobile phone version. I'll get to a pc, but it might be a good idea to have it available for folks with phones for when the spirit moves 'em.

• 1 year later...

I recently got a message that the site would not accept my annual contribution. Could be my card is expiring, but that's next month.

Please let me know if anything is wrong.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

No, that must be a PayPal glitch. Please contact them. And thank you so much for your donations!

• 10 months later...
  • Mentor

Donated as much as I can afford, went thru easily using Paypal............. thankyou so much,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so much damn cheaper than therapist!  Keep up your wonderful work.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• 1 year later...

Just a question I see no one's asked before - is SA set up on Amazon Smile?

2000: Paxil, low dose. 2001: Paxil, quickly tapered off. 2006: Zoloft, 25mg. 2007: Wellbutrin, low dose, discontinued after a week or a month. 2007-2009: Zoloft, increasing dose (up to 75mg). 2009-2011: Zoloft, failed withdrawal attempts (cold-turkey; fast tapering). 2009-2011: Trying out Cymbalta, Celexa, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Ativan, and Xanax. 2012-2015: Zoloft, 100mg to 200mg. 2013: Trazadone for Zoloft-induced insomnia, 25mg to 50mg.  2015: Trileptal, dose?, withdrew; Bupropion, up to 200mg. 2016: Zoloft, 137mg, Bupropion, 150mg, Trazodone, 25mg.

05/21/16: Began Zoloft taper - 10% from 150mg - 137ish mg

06/23/16: Zoloft taper - 125mg

08/03/16: Bupropion XL taper - cut 150mg pill in crude half (mistake)

10/31: Zoloft successfully down to 100mg. Staying on 100mg for 2-3 months to let my brain rest.

11/09: Wellbutrin SR prescribed, 150mg once a day, for withdrawal.

12/11: Wellbutrin SR, twice daily - minus 18ishmg = 112.50mg

09/30/17: Off Wellbutrin SR successfully. Zoloft taper: 90ish mg (shaving it off). Trazodone: still at 50mg.

June 2018: Zoloft: 80ish (shaving off). Trazodone: 6mg. End of 2018: Off Trazodone.

01/20: Zoloft: 70ish?

08/20: Still around 80 or 70. Tapering by only 15 shaves each month.

04/2021: 50mg! 11/2022: 40ish mg

Alto,

SA needs the money so I could raise money for it and set up a charity donation page?

In September 2017 I will be walking 100k (62 miles) as a training walk for my "biggie" walk of 630 miles which will be early in 2018.

Do let me know how much money SA could benefit from and I will make it my target.

Thanks,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Administrator

Thank you, ang.

PayPal is the only payment service we have set up so far.

Junglechicken, that's very kind of you. I think that might be very complicated. How about raising money for CITA in the UK? That might be easier for you.

Thank you, ang.

Junglechicken, that's very kind of you. I think that might be very complicated. How about raising money for CITA in the UK? That might be easier for you.

Alto, it wouldn't have been a problem.

There is Mind.org.uk which is a large UK mental health charity which I could raise money for.

Do you think SA can get charity status in future?

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Administrator

Charity status is rather complicated in the US. I don't see it in SA's near future.

Charity status is rather complicated in the US. I don't see it in SA's near future.

I see, I didn't realise that. My guess would be there are too many hoops to jump through?

Well, I haven't given SA it's Christmas present yet so must do that.

In any case, there is ALWAYS a way, and SA needs the money, so................

Major Life Events: 

Thank you, ang.

I wonder where my money went then... brain fog is so bad it will be hard to sort.... but my pay pal account has been screwed up for years so I know I did not send SA money that way...but I did send money.  

If you did not get it please tell me here.  I will check when I am able...

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

It was me I screwed that up too... sorry

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Alto,

I just tried to make a Xmas donation (NOT using Paypal as I don't have an account), and was unable to.

It kept telling me "looks like you may have account, please login".

Despite having read the screenshots in earlier posts about making payments without a Paypal account, and putting in my country, no luck :(

JC

Major Life Events: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You can use a charge card on PayPal without having a PayPal account, but you have to go through PayPal. Thanks for thinking of us.

You can use a charge card on PayPal without having a PayPal account, but you have to go through PayPal. Thanks for thinking of us.

Ok, will give it a go. Thanks

Major Life Events: 

• 1 year later...

I'm going slightly mad here trying to donate ...

I don't see the yellow donate button at the top every page?

I've read this thread and still can't find the Donations page.

What am I doing wrong?

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

• Moderator Emeritus

It was on the site before the change of software.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management