☼ dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Mmmmm. I recently (4 weeks ago) dropped from 1.8 ml to 1.5. It was after a 3 month hold and a bout of impatience My sleep isn't great, worse than during the hold but not non existent. I am also fighting of a case of the sads. This is unusually persistent for me in terms of how much of the day I feel sad and how ongoing it has been since the drop. Usually any sadness I experience passes really quickly.

Should I hold out or up dose to 1.7. Any thoughts?

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dalsaan, I would  updose a little, maybe it was too big a drop for you. It seems that at the 

lowest doses the cuts need to be even smaller than 10% . 

I was at 4 beads and dropped a bead, that sent me into withdrawal and I put up with it for 3 months

before giving in a updosing again, I felt better almost overnight and will stay there for a while before

finding a way to take half a bead! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Advice taken. Updosed last night. I know impatience is not good when tapering but on the bright side it is the old me. Ha ha ha

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

On a good note, I have been on a low carb diet for6 weeks and have found it a lot easier to lose weight this time round (I put on heaps with the Mirtazapine). I've dieted before and had to exercise every day and have low calories to shift any weight I think the difference is because I am on such a low dose now.

And the sads seemed to have moved on which is great

• Moderator Emeritus

I am just going to have a little whine here.   My sleep hasn't been great over the past couple of nights and I have 4 hours of post grad teaching ahead of me today.   My energy level is zip, zero, nada but I have to find it from somewhere.   I would love to go home, curl up in the sun somewhere and doze if possible.

hope your day is going ok

D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I am just going to have a little whine here.   My sleep hasn't been great over the past couple of nights and I have 4 hours of post grad teaching ahead of me today.   My energy level is zip, zero, nada but I have to find it from somewhere.   I would love to go home, curl up in the sun somewhere and doze if possible.

hope your day is going ok

D

I was looking for a MammaP's thread, came across yours and can't help saying that what you described here is a very accurate description of so many of my days. I find the energy somewhere and move around while all i want to do is curl up...

hope things have improved at least a bit since then.

bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Little update. I dropped to 1.5ml on 9 June. So far, so good. My sleep has been pretty good lately. I'd say 6 hours (broken) sleep a night. I feel very fatigued but I doubt that you could carry a significant sleep debt and not been exhausted. I am tossing up having a general checkup just to rule out other possibilities.

I have noticed an increase level of interest in stuff-politics mainly. I used to be very interested in politics. Indeed the loss of interest in politics was the key symptom I recognised when I first experienced depression 10 years ago. I know for some people an interest in politics would constitute a mental health crises on it's own -lol.

I'm also looking at courses to do. Maybe digital photography or bread baking

• Administrator

Good to hear, dalsaan. Looks like you're on your way.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Fingers crossed Alto

• Moderator Emeritus

Nice Dalsaan, sounds good. It's encouraging how you're getting your old interests back. You're still there, you haven't lost yourself!

And yes, I'm one of those for whom too much interest in politics can be a problem. But then that's because the US government is dysfunctional now to a ridiculous degree, probably worse than anyone in other countries even realizes yet. It's hard not to feel alarmed. I have to force myself not to think about it too much because there's really nothing I can do about it right now.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rhi,

It is very nice to see my old/new self coming back.   I say old/new because although I would very much prefer not to have gone through my depression/antidepressant saga, I would also not like to be the person I was before all of this.  I have grown a lot.   I have learnt to be much more reflective and mindful of myself and of life in general.   I have developed emotional intelligence and skills.  I have started the process of dealing with past demons and have learnt how to express myself in lots of ways.   All in all its probably a bit ironic that I have come through this feeling much less vulnerable in regard to my mental health and my capacity to maintain my wellbeing.

I'd still like to tell my withdrawal to @#$ off along with almost every medical practitioner I have ever engaged on this issue but it has all delivered some blessings that I probably wouldn't have got without the pain.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'd still like to tell my withdrawal to @#$ off along with almost every medical practitioner I have ever engaged on this issue but it has all delivered some blessings that I probably wouldn't have got without the pain.

Oh, I hear that. I say that about the childhood abuse and aftermath--there are gifts that come with it. They aren't worth the price, but if you've paid the price you might as well enjoy the gifts. I would say the same about the drug and withdrawal experience.

I think all of it (because for me it's all one big thing, my life, the ways it's been stolen from me by the cruelty and greed of other people) has made me definitely less arrogant and more compassionate than I would have been.

Not that I would have been arrogant in a mean way, but I think in an unconscious way. I think we all tend to take way too much personal credit for what is actually just good luck, and I would have been like that too.

I even struggle with it now.  But everything I have been through has made me realize that I am no better than anyone else out there, that I don't know what other people are struggling with, I don't know their stories and their pain, and they are probably doing the best they can figure out how to.

And on good days, I think I really appreciate and enjoy the simplest things in life more than I ever would have. Just a walk, beautiful flowers, watching the silly birds hopping around in my yard, peaceful moments--these things are as pleasurable to me as any glamorous luxury. I have no desire to travel the world, there's so much to see right out my front door, when I'm feeling well and can get out and enjoy it. When I'm feeling well and am actually able to feel the sensation of "enjoyment." When the anhedonia and agoraphobia release their grip.

Hopefully once this ordeal is over--presuming that it is over one day--I will be able to enjoy life most of the time, and appreciate all the tiny gifts.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus

Although I see my own history of childhood abuse as being instrumental in my depression/antidepression experience I have only just grasped the costs of that and have yet to attach the concept of gifts/learning to it. Perhaps that's the next bit of work to be done. Thanks, that's helpful.

D

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, I have decided to take a big step and do something I have always wanted to do  ...

I put my name down for a spot on an open mic night for amateur stand up comedians!

Never done it, got no material but I'm going for it.   How's that for looking after your nervous system!!

D

• Moderator Emeritus

Right on Dalsaan!

1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg (with a few stops and starts)

Fall 2012: Returned to 40mg after discontinuing and horrid withdrawal 

Fall 2013: 40mg Fluoxetine, added 150mg Wellbutrin to treat fatigue 

Winter 2014: Attempting to taper both (too fast)

April 2014: 9mg Fluoxetine + 37.5 Wellbutrin 

Summer 2014: 8 mg Fluoxetine + 0 Wellbutrin (way too fast a drop)

Late summer/Early Fall 2014: Debilitating Withdrawal symptoms 

Fall 2014 - Wellbutrin successfully kicked to the curb but…

Oct- Dec 2014: Panicked reinstatement of Fluoxetine ->30mg - held for 5yrs

Jan 2021: taper to 20mg Fluoxetine  then tapering by 1mg every 2-3 months

Fall 2022 - held at 10mg->December 2022: 9mg->Feb 2023: 8mg ->March 2023: brassmonkey slide begins: 7.8mg -> 7.6 -> 7.4->2 week hold (April)->7.2->7mg->6.8->2 week hold->6.6-> 1-month hold ->(June)-6.5->4-week hold-> (July)-6.4 (discontinued brassmonkey slide and slowed taper)-> (Aug)-6.2->(Sept)-6.0->(Oct)-5.9->(Nov)-5.8->(Dec)-5.7->wave!->(Jan)-5.8->(Feb)-6mg and holding.

My 2014 withdrawal experience: https://rxisk.org/antidepressant-withdrawal-a-prozac-story/

• Moderator Emeritus

that's just great!!! ;)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Addax and Bubble. I haven't thought of anything too funny to say about withdrawal yet but will see how we go!

• 2 weeks later...

Dalsaan,

A what level or Mirtazapine do you think you will be able to make the jump?

1.5 ml is equivialent to what dosage?

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, I have decided to take a big step and do something I have always wanted to do  ...

I put my name down for a spot on an open mic night for amateur stand up comedians!

Never done it, got no material but I'm going for it.   How's that for looking after your nervous system!!

D

I just saw this. Way to go! How did it go, if it's happened?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hasn't happened yet, it's on 28 July. I am thinking through some material, will start scripting the gig soon. It's scary but feels good though. Doing new things is very invigorating for my soul. I feel like my depression and withdrawal required me to make my world as small and manageable as I could. Now I want to open it back up again.

The gig is only 5 mins but it doesn't matter, it's a chance to be creative in some sense, challenge myself and do something I've always wanted to do.

That's so cool, Dalsaan!  Enjoy the process.

Pokeshaw in Bklyn

7 yrs Lexapro 10 mg. Mar/2011 - 1 month taper. Severe W/D. Multiple symptoms.Gallbladder and parathyroid surgery in Aug and Oct. Disability 3 months.  Dec/2011 reinstated 5mg Lex and went back to work. very bad shape.

By Aug/2012 - self tapered to 1.25 mg cutting pills. -very bad shape. Nov/2012  Dr. Hinz neuro-replete. up and down. Aug/2013 at aprox 1.0 mg Lex stopped neuro-replete ~Oct 2013 Found this site  ~ began using compounded Lexapro and have been micro tapering since then and holding as needed.

11/6/2013 -  0.6 mg

2/1/2018 - .135 mg  Now reducing 5-10% per month 

4/1/18 - .1 mg

4/17/18 - changed delivery from compounded individual caps to aliquot. went from .1 mg to .09 aliquot

7/4/2018 - .09 mg Holding due to wave of W/D symptoms

7/22/18 updosed to .1 mg aliquot

9/30/18 - reduced to .0975 aliquot

2/1/19 - updosed to .1 mg aliquot due to instability bad wave W/D

9/12/19 - back to .1 mg individual caps since could not get stable using aliquot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

A question for the brains trust. I'm wondering whether there is any value going to morning and night dosing rather than just in the evening now that I am on a fairly low dose (but with still a fair way to go)

Any thoughts on whether this would make a difference in terms of providing for more stability while dropping down? It doesn't help me sleep so the original rationale for taking it at night is no longer there and I wonder if halving the dose might help with temperature dysregulation which seems to have set in and interferes with my sleep

Any inputs appreciated

D

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dalsaan, 

as you know I don't know but it's sounds logical and might be worth the try. I don't see you have anything to lose by trying and maybe you could achieve what you need. 

Look forward to hearing what others have to say...

• Moderator Emeritus

Dalsaan, I take all my meds in divided doses. And if I'm having trouble with symptoms, I'll take a sip (mine are all liquids in bottles) even before that half-dose is due. During rougher times I'll just sip a bit throughout the day. It seems to help for me. 

It's pretty common for people to choose to divide their dose when they get to lower doses, and it does often seem to help.

It makes logical sense to me, to keep the levels of drug in the blood more even, rather than a really high peak and a long trough each day, to have two smaller peaks and two shorter troughs. 

Experientially it does seem to help people pretty often and I can't recall it making things worse, except maybe a few bumpy days while adjusting to the new schedule, but that never seems to really take very long.

If anyone thinks otherwise or has had problems with this approach, please chime in.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi bubble and rhi.

Thanks for your input. I think I'm going to try it. I think the only risk is that my memory is appalling so it's more of a risk that I'll forget to take a dose. But I'll see how it goes

D

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to do my best to remember that July 28th date!  What if you're an overnight success?  How will you handle it?  :D

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't see that happening Jemima. It's at a little regional pub and I'm sure I'm not that funny. Am enjoying the process of writing and thinking though

Will let you know how it goes

D

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you realize I was joshing you, not making fun of you. I think it's great that you're going to try something you've always wanted to do and I wish you the very best!

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

Of course-but I'll wear a pink carnation so you know it's me when I do make it big. A couple of my friends were speechless when I told them because I'm a notorious introvert.

• Moderator Emeritus

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I did the comedy gig last night. I was terrified. Didn't eat all day. It went well. People gave good feedback. I wish I had a working memory. That would make life easier

• Moderator Emeritus

Yay! Yay yay yay for you! I am so pleased to hear that you did that. Was it fun?

• Moderator Emeritus

It was fun in parts when I let go of the nerves and enjoyed the experience. I'm going to do a weekend comedy workshop to actually learn some stuff. I think I have found a new hobby!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad to hear that your gig went well.  It's so good to see that you've found a new interest--a very definite sign of recovery!