SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Earthing: the science behind why it’s good to walk barefoot on the earth http://wp.me/p5nnb-6WR

GiaK

This is something I've not talked about loudly on the blog because I thought it was rather "woo" and I try to keep the blog grounded in stuff that is at least marginally "scientific" (meaning OUR science today can sorta/kinda grasp it...

So even though walking barefoot on the earth has been a MAJOR part of my toolbox of recovery I tend to only mention it in passing or as part of my overall connection with nature, which is also recognized as healing.

In any case, there is science behind this...and it made me very happy!!

SEE the Post here: http://wp.me/p5nnb-6WR

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Don't know if there's anything to this or not, but it seems like there should be. Well, I just went outside barefoot, for the first time in years. It was brief, but a start anyway.

Approximately 18 years on Effexor. Tapered for more than two years. Totally off of Effexor since late Oct. 2010.

Well THAT's interesting! If you go past the first link (which to me seemed kind of fluffy) it's an article in a peer-reviewed journal (j of environmental and public health) and written by research scientists at uc irvine and u. ct. On the other hand...the three lead authors own part of a company trying to sell related stuff.

Still, I am a big believer in barefootedness, even if it's just because it feels good. I gradually started barefoot running this year and love it, and frequently take my shoes off walking in the woods. Highly recommended!

1994-2009 50-100 mg Zoloft (plus tried Effexor, Lexapro, Wellbutrin at times)
5/'09-7/'09 taper off Zoloft
7/'09-12/'09 no zoloft, rough times after ~ 2 mos.
1/'10-6/'10 50 mg zoloft
6/'10-1/'11 slow taper
2/'11-7/'11 off entirely, ok for 2-3 mos., then rough
7/'11-9/'11 50 mg
9/15/'11 - 11/15/'11 taper off
11/15/'11 - 2/'11 clean, doing well but with some PSSD
2/'11 - 6/'11 depression creeps back, fairly significant by May.

6/'14 (long time...!)  life is good, full recovery, at least in terms of SSRI addiction.  Still digging out from the social and professional hole that it all left me in, but despite the loss of far too many years to this business I'm basically doing pretty well.  Still some depression at times, even severe on occasion, but clearly related to past trauma and current circumstances, all things that I am continuing to work through and work on.  I'd say it took at least six months and perhaps a year to fully get back to normal (neuro-psychologically and sexually) after the last dose in 2011.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy