SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ amg2012: New Beginnings

amg2012

• Administrator

Good to hear! Listen to your body, go slow, enjoy your feelings.

How about starting a topic about feelings coming back in our Symptoms forum http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-what-helps/

A lot of people who have become emotionally numb on these drugs would be happy to hear about this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amg2012

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• jr1985

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear! Listen to your body, go slow, enjoy your feelings.

How about starting a topic about feelings coming back in our Symptoms forum http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-what-helps/

A lot of people who have become emotionally numb on these drugs would be happy to hear about this.

Alstostrata

Will do on that topic but when I am better.

I was feeling very well.... thinking about starting to decrease Effexor grains; but this day has started with brain fog and has not stopped and very, very, tired. Is this because I am taking too much meds now. ??? Any advice, most welcome. I am heading to bed for awhile

I think! Too much!

Jan. 2009 150 mg. Venlafaxine

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

8 July Fluox 5ML (0 Venflx)[/b]

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

15 July Fluox 5 ML + Vnflx. 10 - 6 grains

24 July Fluox 5ML + 37.5 mg Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

13 Aug.Fluox 18 mg liquid; 18 Aug. Fluox 17 mg; 25 Aug. Fluox 16 mg;

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

21 Nov. 5 mg; 3 Nov. ZERO

The Prozac bridging thread says you shouldn't overlap the two for longer than two weeks or you'll adjust to both of them and have to wean off them. How long have u been taking the Prozac with the 10 Effexor beads?

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

Hi Alto,

Just looked back on this thread and I added the 10 grains on July 15 - the days you suggested trying it... so not even one week yet.

I could not sleep just now, but so sleepy anyway.

Do you think I should cut back on the grains of Effex.? Maybe I should wait and see what tommorrow brings.

Big disappointment because I was doing so well... today barely funcitoning. Merde (and pardon my french) :o

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 July aprox. 20 mg Fluoxetine liquid, trouble measuring between 4 - 5 ml, 0 Venflx.

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

2 Sept Fluox 15 mg; 10 Sept Fluox 14 mg; 17 Sept. Fluox 13.6 mg; 29 Sept. Fluox 13 mg.

7 Oct. Fluox 12 mg; 14 Oct. Fluox 11 mg; 21 Oct; Fluox 10 mg; 23 Oct. 9mg; 26 Oct. 8 mg.

• Administrator

You could try reducing by a grain, see what happens.

jr, as you can see from the Prozac bridging thread, there's no hard-and-fast way of doing it. Some doctors do more of an overlap and some less. This is another situation where you have to listen to your body.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

You could try reducing by a grain, see what happens.

Alto

Well, yesterday was a very bad day for me and so tired. I just reviewed this section from the beginning and see that July 15 was a very UGLY day indeed. And, again, I am so grateful to have found this site and for the help I have reeived.

This morning, I really slept in and guess my body needed it! Felt very sore everywhere again upon wakening and heavy headed. Decided to cut back grains of effexor to 7 as 10 grains is such a small amount anyway. Effexor always made me feel so tired that I really want it gone. Have now been up for about 1-1/2 hours and my head is heavy but my brain is less foggy than yesterday, so far.

I have a question re Prozac liquid and will post it both here and on the Switch Topic as well.

In Ontario, Canada seniors (65 +) pay only a $100./year deductible for most prescriptions then after that just pay the processing fee which is just a few dollars. Unfortunately the liquid Prozac is not covered.... so I have informed my doctor of the situation and received a prescription for the 20mg capsules which are covered. I know I saw a formula by a doctor on this site for mixing one's own liquid... can you guide me to it, please. Also, has anyone here mixed the powder simply with water? Is it awful tasting - what else can I mix it with? (Actually I find the liquid Prozac very, very sweet). I will not be getting the caps for awhile so no hurry on this.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

About Prozac http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/759-tips-for-tapering-off-prozac-fluoxetine/

You'd be taking a small amount, take it fast and follow with orange juice.

However, why not see if 7 beads of Effexor works? You might be able to taper without risking a switch.

About Prozac http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/759-tips-for-tapering-off-prozac-fluoxetine/

However, why not see if 7 beads of Effexor works? You might be able to taper without risking a switch.

Hi again Alto,

Given your statement, believe you may be unclear of my little history since July 15 when I joined on.

You are reading and attempting to help so many people, it would probably help if I did the little bit at the end with my history.... is that the signature? I apologize I have not been on here a week yet, and when one comes on at a time when suffering the symptoms there is so much to deal with - I will learn more on how to use the site going forward.

I have already switched to Prozac, albeit too abruptly! *

Since Jan 2009 on 150mg Effexor, June 5, dropped 37.5 mg, on June 25 reduced by another 37.5 mg to 75 mg when the trouble started with horrid w/d problems.

Then when I joined here I immediately switched to Prozac liquid 5 ml, (though I was not measuring correctly in my stupor I probably only took 4ML) then a couple of days later added the 10 grains of Effexor at your suggestion.... seemed to help for a bout 3 days.... now I am having a bad time again. I have lost about 2 days of being capable read "living" ... As of this morning I have now reduced to taking 7 grains of Effexor, along with the 5 ML Prozac liquid.

It is difficult to know if my symptoms are because I am taking too much or too little.

I am sensitive to meds, but then I was on Effexor for 3.5 years.

*I hope everyone notices that I did not do the bridging Effexor with Prozac.... next post I will show why.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Re post above.... why I jumped right from Effexor 75 mg to Prozac Liquid 5 ML is when Googling for help (as I felt my doctor was not helping in his method) I had read that it is often best to go to Prozac, and I then Googled Switching to PRozac from Effexor (or something like that) and among other sites, I was led directly to the page below on this site:

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)Page 1

This gave me the quantity of Prozac Liquid to take and I went ahead. I did not read anything else.

I was very unwell and just wanted help ASAP. This was a BIG MISTAKE - NOW i KNOW! :o

Alto, this could heappen to another, so perhaps it is wise to put a warning to read more or something as I have seen you do that elsewhere. :)

Anyway, I am unsure whether to change my program right now or wait a couple of d ays. Seems to me that 7 or 10 grains of Effexor is almost nothing when I see how many grains there are in a 37.5 mg capsule.... like a grain upon the sand, so to speak.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

Very sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, your withdrawal history in your signature will help -- I didn't go back to the first page of your topic.

The Tips for tapering off Prozac doesn't give any info about switching from another drug. You may have seen this topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1463-the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac/ , but there are no Effexor-Prozac dosage equivalents. Nowhere does it say to simply switch to Prozac and drop the other on the same day.

You must have seen that method somewhere else. All of the methods mentioned on this site involve overlap. But there is no blame in this, many doctors would switch you directly to Prozac.

Okay, back to your issue. Those beads look tiny but the drug is powerful.

But -- it may be 5mg Prozac isn't enough to compensate for the Effexor. Although you were down to 75mg, you might have tapered too fast to get there, and you may need more Prozac to compensate for your original Effexor dosage of 150mg at the beginning of June.

I might add 1mg Prozac every 4 days, see if that helps, up to the lowest effective dose or 10mg Prozac. After adding a little Prozac, I would try dropping the Effexor.

Very sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, your withdrawal history in your signature will help -- I didn't go back to the first page of your topic.

The Tips for tapering off Prozac doesn't give any info about switching from another drug. You may have seen this topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1463-the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac/ , but there are no Effexor-Prozac dosage equivalents. Nowhere does it say to simply switch to Prozac and drop the other on the same day.

You must have seen that method somewhere else. All of the methods mentioned on this site involve overlap. But there is no blame in this, many doctors would switch you directly to Prozac.

Okay, back to your issue. Those beads look tiny but the drug is powerful.

But -- it may be 5mg Prozac isn't enough to compensate for the Effexor. Although you were down to 75mg, you might have tapered too fast to get there, and you may need more Prozac to compensate for your original Effexor dosage of 150mg at the beginning of June.

I might add 1mg Prozac every 4 days, see if that helps, up to the lowest effective dose or 10mg Prozac. After adding a little Prozac, I would try dropping the Effexor.

Alto, thanks for your response. I had this page of information from this site

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/759-tips-for-tapering-off-prozac-fluoxetine/

(of course, being in the state I was in, I did not see or just chose to ignore ??? I don't know :(

the qualifier on reading the entire section, dah. My bad. :D This one page did not mention the bridging - like a sick fool, I didn't see the qualifier. I found the dosage to take on the Icarus Project and again "cut to the chase" - so I don't know if the bridge is mentioned there either. Anyway, not into blaming anyone here, just the EFFEXOR itself!!! erggh.... and myself for not looking into it before thaking the drug.

Alto, it is not 5 mg but 5 ML = 20 mg. that I am taking which is suppose to be the equivalent of 75 mg of Effexor. In future I will use the MG measure if you prefer??? Today I took only 6 grains of the Effexor as well. Today I am functioning. YEAH! Developed a headache mid-day; but brain fog is not so bad and not nearly so tired even though it took me a long time to get to sleep last night.

So, tapering off the Effexor grains over this week will be my goal (my second week), as long as I don't get worse. Then I will look for stabilization on Prozac before thinking to reduce it. HOW DOES THIS SOUND/

When I am well, my time is so limited because I am so far behind withEverything! I am sure I am not alone in having experieced not "getting things done" while on Effexor. This past year... I can't believe how much I have just let go... for example : Christmas decorations are unpacked at the bottom of the stairs. One couch has had my gardening stuff on it since early Spring. Dining room table is covered with papers. My income taxes are not done - first time in over 50 years! I have often said "who lives here ? This can't be me." NOPE, totally uncharacteristic. My office is very messy. Is there a topice on this? :unsure:

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

Since the reinstatement of a little bit of Effexor seemed to help, if I were you I'd take it consistently for TWO OR THREE WEEKS to let your nervous system stabilize, then go off at the rate of ONE BEAD EVERY TWO WEEKS after that -- or slower if you get unpleasant symptoms when you reduce.

With any luck, this will compensate for the lack of overlap when you did the switch.

Since the reinstatement of a little bit of Effexor seemed to help, if I were you I'd take it consistently for TWO OR THREE WEEKS to let your nervous system stabilize, then go off at the rate of ONE BEAD EVERY TWO WEEKS after that -- or slower if you get unpleasant symptoms when you reduce.

With any luck, this will compensate for the lack of overlap when you did the switch.

Alto,

Okay.... I have been wondering if I should take more of something because I am not functioning at all well on a consistent basis. Was wondering whether to take more Effexor or Prozac. The 10 grains of Effexor worked for about 3 days.... then I got tired and brain fog and decreased to 7 grains... felt better for one day - now worse. So 10 was not effective for long. WOW, this is so confusing. Maybe I should take 15 - 20 grains of Effexor ??????????

Comments welcome?

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

Sorry, I don't know. You'll have to listen to your body and decide.

Hello Alto,

After more reading on the subject I decided to take a full 37.5 mg. of Effexor and after much debate stayed with the 20 mg Prozac as well.

My conslusion is that the withdrawal rate I was given by the doctor was much too fast. So I hope this added Effexor for a short time will help me function better.... will keep you posted.

Any suggestions from the Forum most welcome.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

You may not need to take 37.5mg Effexor -- your system has adjusted somewhat (albeit painfully) to reduced Effexor. Try a small amount and titrate up rather than a large amount that might cause stronger adverse reactions.

Alto,

Thanks for your reply - today was somewhat better and I was actually working quite a bit on the computer today.

Taking less than 37.5 mg - WHICH I DID TAKE THIS MORNING as I said, means counting out a lot of grains, right???

Just wondering if there is another method??

I really don't feel like my body has adjusted all that much. There is no doubt, a lot of information on this site that I have not had time or ability to check out.... nobody responded about my inability to get normal things done for a long time and I believe it is due to Effexor. Am I alone in this issue? I have read that apathy is a major issue as is emotional numbness.

Another strange thing that has been happening to me over perhaps the last two years, is that I hear myself making involuntary noises.... sort of grunts and groans - (my husband hears too) while making any effort: doing laundry, getting dinner ready, gardening. I have found this very disturbing as it is totally unconscious ; the sounds just come out. Even now as I type, because I am so tired now. I had been wondering if it was an age-related thingy but I am now reasonably confident it is because of the Effexor - too much, too long and the resulting extreme fatigue I feel.

Fatigue: I describe the way I feel by asking people to visualize the MILK commercial where people are dancing but because they don't have enough calcium, they have no bone nor muscle and they just slink to the floor. That is my fatigue!

Sorry for being so wordy...

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/272-tips-for-tapering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

Do what you can to look around the site. The Search box at the upper right can help you find information on specific symptoms. There's a lot about fatigue in our Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

Alto

Thanks for steering me and I will look ASAP.

So yesterday, I took a whole 37.5 mg of Effexor + my 20 mg. Prozac. Woke up this morning feeling a lot better.

Almost leaped out of bed - WOW.

Hard to know if the additional Effexor could help that fast?

Have a headache at the moment but I think that is computer-related-stress. Going out to fertilize the lawn and will see if that will help.

It seems one has to experiment a little with these drugs. I was thinking of taking out so many grains of Effexor over the next while to taper but I found that diffricult this morning. Maybe if I prepare the capsule the day before.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Alto

Hi Alto,

My experience with taking 37.5 mg. with the Prozac was not a good idea. Brain fog, extreme fatigue, etc. etc. - I think everyone here knows w.d. symptoms. Today, I took only the equiv. of 20mg. Prozac in liquid and hoping I can find stability here.

Comments, welcome.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Moderator Emeritus

amg, I just want to add that it sounds like you may be expecting too much from your med changes, and too soon. Your brain has been badly disrupted by all the changes that have happened so far. It takes time, a lot of it, for our brains to settle down and recover from these changes. So even if you feel better one day and then you feel worse another day, that doesn't mean you need to change something else. It's just normal. It's just how withdrawal is. We have better days and worse days.

At this point, the more you change things, probably the worse it's going to be overall. Best thing is to pick something and just stay there for a while and allow your CNS to stabilize. You've been changing things up a lot, going up and down on Effexor, adding in Prozac.

Every time you change things you ask your brain to start all over again, to stop whatever it was doing yesterday and start something different. Our brains are not able to do that. The processes that our brains use to adapt to med changes (turning genes on and off, for example) aren't like switches that can be switched on and off without causing problems. They're complex chemical processes that affect lots of other complex chemical processes. Once underway they can't be quickly reversed.

So if you change stuff up and then change it again a lot, you're scrambling your brain chemistry.

Sooner or later this always catches up with people.

In my opinion it's time to do NOTHING for a while and allow things to stabilize to a baseline, and then start from there. Pick a dose or doses, and just stay there.

At this point there's no simple tweak that's going to fix you. I think you've done so much tweaking that right now any further changes are just going to make things deteriorate even more.

Once you get stable you may respond well to a slow, well paced taper.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Administrator

I agree. You need to give reinstatement a chance. Try half as much Effexor, and for 4 days to see how it's going to work.

Also, please put your withdrawal process in your signature.

RHI and Altostrata

Thank you so much for your information, I appreciate this so very much. It is great to have understanding people to turn to!

Since I had already made the decision to drop the Venflx and see if I can adjust to 20 mg (5ML) of Fluoxetine and given your guidance about too many switches, I decided to stay this course. My decision was made to make the switch because I have been on Fluoxetine since 10th July, 18 days and had read here that being on the 2 A.D.s for more than 2 weeks could establish a dependency.... and because I have seen here that others did the same, tho' I don't think it was with Evil Effexor. :(

Yesterday I felt better than I have for a long time. This morning awoke with a headache but am quite well now. Fingers crossed for a second good day. :)

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Well I had 2 days (again of feeling quite well and energetic)... Third day, back to brain fog and fatigue. Today, woke sore and aching all over and feeling mostly fatigued... can't help wondering if it's because more A.D. than my body wants. I had been complaining of fatigue almost the whole time I was taking Effexor. I can hardly wait to get off the Fluoxetine now... anxious to start tapering... I will hold the course of 20 mg. for now, but if this disabling fatigue continues, I may try tapering to see if that helps.

Just before lunch, I decided to try treadmill for exercise even though I really didn't feel like it.

Did a fairly quick walk up to 3.8 mi/hr, 30.5 min., 173 calories. While reading on Kobo. Feel good for it - not great, but good. :)

Afternoon, fatigue continues and my brain is still on vacation! Read and printed out Tried and true Methods for Achieving Mental and Emotional Well-being by Mark Foster - found the link on this site. I see Daily Exercise is numero uno and tres important! So guess that treadmill is a good idea - I will keep forcing myself! :rolleyes:

No 2) Eating healthy - got that covered. No. 3) Daily Sunshine - this has been doable this summer. 4) Celebrate Life - grow flowers, this is my dirty passion and I have 2 dogs - so this is all good. 5) Daily meditation - not into a) but B) c) and d) are all possible. Has anyone on here tried these T&T Methods? Any Success to report?

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

It sounds to me you are still suffering withdrawal from dropping Effexor. Fatigue is a withdrawal symptom.

It would be very helpful if you kept track of your dosage and your withdrawal symptoms, see Rate symptoms daily to catch withdrawal early

It's good you had a couple of good windows. Maybe the Effexor withdrawal is wearing off. If I were you, I would not change the Prozac dose yet.

Alto - I need help!

Thank you for your last message - much appreciated! Finally the last 2 days feeling somewhat better and even ventured out yesterday. BUT, I have been experiencing black, loose stools and from my readings this is not a good thing. Although I have been tracking my experiences, I have not tracked this end :rolleyes: and I am not certain, but it seems to me this happened w hen I started with the Fluoxetine Caps as opposed to the liquid.... maybe just a cooincidence and that over time the Fluoxetine is not agreeing with me... Normally (pre-switching from Venaflaxine) I have an excellent gastrointestinal system.

If I have to come off Fluoxetine, what would be an alternative? My doctor is away, I am going to talk to the pharmacist but any help form this site would be most welcome. :(

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Alto - my follow up

Called pharmacy - since I do not see any signs of blood I am not so concerned. Also, just thought of dietary change that effects stools to be black - BLUEBERRIES! voila :D All the same, loose stool is not normal for me; but I think I should give this more time for my body to adjust because the last thing I want right now is another change! Just starting to feel better.

Sorry to be an alarmist. B)

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

LOL, I've been eating a lot of blueberries lately, too, I know what you mean. We had a blueberry bumper crop. I love them.

LOL, I've been eating a lot of blueberries lately, too, I know what you mean. We had a blueberry bumper crop. I love them.

If I am up to it I hope to make a bb pie. And they are so good for our health besides being yummy

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Alto and everyone,

I am so happy to say I have had 4.5 good days! Whoopie! I am actually starting to feel better than when I was on the Effexor. Not so drowsy all the time and becoming productive again. Headache on and off, but I think this is likely from working stress at the computer for long periods. Actually "starting" to deal with my clutter that somehow developed over the last year??? I think...??. (so out of character). I am now hopeful that eventually my home will become normal again.

Still, looking forward to being "drug free", not necessarily med-free; but drug free.... I have started to look at A.D.s as being 'DRUGS' because personally I always feel drugged on them. I think they have been life savers for some people though, so they do have their place. I hope to replace A.D.s with the healthy lifestyle outlined by Dr. Mark Foster.

Anyway, thought I would just check in with a positive report. Cheers. :D

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

• Administrator

Great news, thanks. It sounds like maybe it took the Prozac a few weeks to compensate for the Effexor, in the meantime you had Effexor withdrawal symptoms.

Hi amg

Yes! Brill news!

Really happy for you :)

So good to hear that you are finding relief

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Good news! I'm glad the switch worked for you!

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Hi so glad to hear that your intention came to pass. Swapping out the Effexor for Prozac, and that you are feeling better. Alto is right, it takes weeks for the new one to kind of fill in.

:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Altostrata, Debbie, Jr1985, Nikki

Thank you all for your comments :) So very nice of you!

(Just thought of something - I have heard the fact that we always say 'thank you' so often is one of the ways we are recognized as Canadian, eh! But it is very much a sincere thank you!)

The extra good thing is that I am now on the equivalent of half the Effexor I was taking... maybe that is why it was so "challenging" too. So I feel like I am now half-way to home base.

I think! Too much!

5 June 112.5 mg. Venflx

25 June 75 mg. Venflx

10 Aug Fluox 4.5 ML

Amg, what does the Prozac feel like compared with the Effexor? More or less stimulating?